ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestion needed: Queries regarding Jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp0804

Suggestion needed: Queries regarding Jobs in UK

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:03 am

Hi,
I have got my hsmp visa and shall be traveling to UK in sept mid. I have about 5 years of exp in India in core java, springs/struts.I have following doubts

1) I have not started UK job hunt from India yet as i have heard consultants dont call if u r not in UK. I m planning to start it once I reach UK and get a UK mobile number. Is it a fair decision?

2) I am planning to join some contract jobs in UK. Checked in the forum and saw some ppl have opened their own company and hired an accountant. Do I need to do anything like that for contract job?

3) whats the umbrella company and what’s its significant? Saw ppl talking about umbrella companies couple of times.

4) I have job offers in India for ~13 lakhs in MNCs. Will it help me finding job in UK? In UK, what range of compensation should I expect with my experience (very good in core java with exp in springs,struts,hibernate with telecom domain)?

any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:48 am

No replies!!! :(

Experts plzz suggest..

saayinla

Re: Suggestion needed: Queries regarding Jobs in UK

Post by saayinla » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:40 pm

hsmp0804 wrote:Hi,
I have got my hsmp visa and shall be traveling to UK in sept mid. I have about 5 years of exp in India in core java, springs/struts.I have following doubts

1) I have not started UK job hunt from India yet as i have heard consultants dont call if u r not in UK. I m planning to start it once I reach UK and get a UK mobile number. Is it a fair decision?

2) I am planning to join some contract jobs in UK. Checked in the forum and saw some ppl have opened their own company and hired an accountant. Do I need to do anything like that for contract job?

3) whats the umbrella company and what’s its significant? Saw ppl talking about umbrella companies couple of times.

4) I have job offers in India for ~13 lakhs in MNCs. Will it help me finding job in UK? In UK, what range of compensation should I expect with my experience (very good in core java with exp in springs,struts,hibernate with telecom domain)?

any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Going by what you havve said and with the level of experinxce you have i programming. i think you shouldnt have a problem getting a job here in the uk, because at the end of the day, what the employers are after is you hands on skill, although it is not automatic, be prepared to look for job for upto 6 months, note it could be longer or shorter just have you mind prepared.

Yes you can start looking when you get to the uk because it will be very dificultt to successfully look from india because employement agency will want to chat with you regarding the role.

Cheers

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:06 pm

Thanks saayinla,
Any comments for my questions 2, 3 and 4.

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:34 pm

Here the market for jave is really good. friend of mine could able to get a contract job in a month. on the same exp and skillset.

It is not necessary to open a company for the contract jobs. you can use the another company for the contract billing services. but you need to be billed thru a company.

There are so many tax benifits if you are billed thru an umbrella comapny. You can even open one on your own.

range 200 - 400

inputsOnHSMP

I got multiple calls from India itself

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi,
Well , I have been getting multiple calls while i am in india itself on an indian number itself..
Infact I also attended a few telephonic interviews.. and am being invited for final round of interview ..
Job Consultant seems to suggest that I will surely get a job if i go for the final interview.. but i am not sure what that means..
any inputs would be highly appreciated,,,

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:58 pm

Average daily rate for with 5 yrs of exp guy in Java can expect around £350 a day. But no hard rules.

In order to get your first contract it is better to take what ever rate you get and from next one on wards choose one with high daily rates. This is what many people do. It all depends on you.

You don't necessarily have your own company to do billing. Initially you can use some good umbrella company. And can decide on what to do next.

Starting your own company is not that hard in UK.

seavenu
Newly Registered

Post by seavenu » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:13 am

Hi All,
It was really interesting that people are getting calls when they are in India. I am am SAP-ABAP consultant. CAn any one let me know whom i can forward my resume so that i can get a Interview call. Because i uploaded my resume in jobserver and some sites, and also applying for jobs in these sites but did not get any call till now. So please help me in this...

thanks & Regards,
seavenu

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:55 am

If you are in India it is really difficult to get calls. Almost impossible.

philgeorge999

Post by philgeorge999 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:45 pm

It is completely unattractive to anyone if you are in India. Employers need people NOW and will want to give a face-to-face interview and hopefully take on the person within the month. If it is going to take 2 months for you to get a visa, and with no guarantee that you will get one, which employer in their right mind would want to interview you? Think about it. Move to the UK and then look for a job. Or stay in India and work in India.

Azlan wrote:If you are in India it is really difficult to get calls. Almost impossible.

inputsOnHSMP

Got two jobs in two days.

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:04 pm

I had undergone telephonic interviews from india using india mobile number.
I went to UK for face to face interviews and got through in both the interviews.
Infact, I am still in India serving my notice period and would be joining the new company in a couple of weeks from now.
I see no reason why you should not be able to get a job if you know you are good technically.
I had to appear for written tests.
In one of the companies, the technical interview was not that difficult but the pay was also not that lucrative. and the one i am going to join, well, they grilled me for 4 hours on algorithms and architechture related stuff..