ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) ILR Application - SOC Code Salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kedaiapps
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) ILR Application - SOC Code Salary

Post by kedaiapps » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi there,

I'm under Tier 2 General Sponsored Migrant. I am a programmer by profession and can apply for ILR in March 2015 as it will be my 5th year. I just checked the latest SOC code salary and I may be under

I got my tier 2 visa in April 2010. I have been paid £25k/anum from April 2010 - April 2013. My salary was increase to £27k/annum in April 2013

My SOC code is 2136 and this is listed

Salary rates: New entrant: £22,800 / Experienced: £29,600

QUESTION:
1) I am on £27,000/annum. Will this be an issue as it is in between?
2) If during application in March 2015, my employer writes a letter along with the application saying that he will raise the salary to £30,000k/annum will they grant me ILR?
3) If my salary is raised to £30k/annum now will that remedy the situation?
4) It seems the minimum experienced rate has increase from before. Does the new rate apply to my ILR application? or will it follow the rate when i got my tier 2 in 2010?

I remember checking this SOC before and my wages was within the range. Now it seems to have gone up? Does it matter if i am inbetween the two rates?

Thanks for your help.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 (General) ILR Application - SOC Code Salary

Post by manci » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 pm

You only need to have the min. salary as per codes of practice at the time of the application.

Read immigration rule 245HF(d) and for the documents to be submitted 245HF-SD:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... MASTER.pdf

the min. salary rates are likely to go up again in Apr 15 (or before), check them before you apply.