ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the uk test,no recognised id

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cody
Newly Registered

Life in the uk test,no recognised id

Post by Cody » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Dear Friends:

I am in a very complicated situation,last month my tier 4 visa was refused on the basis of 5 year cap at degree level ,i have already lodged the appeal i have been in the UK since August 2005,i am looking to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 year continuous residence in July 2015 but the problem is that i have not done life in the UK test so far and now home office has retained my Passport and BRP, which was the only id i had,I have no driving licence either.I shall be very thankful if any of my friends in this forum would give me any advice

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Life in the uk test,no recognised id

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:51 am

Cody wrote:Dear Friends:

I am in a very complicated situation,last month my tier 4 visa was refused on the basis of 5 year cap at degree level ,i have already lodged the appeal i have been in the UK since August 2005,i am looking to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 year continuous residence in July 2015 but the problem is that i have not done life in the UK test so far and now home office has retained my Passport and BRP, which was the only id i had,I have no driving licence either.I shall be very thankful if any of my friends in this forum would give me any advice
See documents required. Just so you know they also accept provisional driving license (if you have one)
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Cody
Newly Registered

Post by Cody » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:03 am

Thanks For your reply unfortunately i don't have provisional driving license either ,only photo id that i have got at the moment is the ID Card from my country of origin which is in English and it has my photo, date of birth,signature and my UK home address.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:15 am

It is open to you to write to UKBA and request a certified copy of your passport.

Most test centre will allow this.

I am most concerned in regards to your ability to maintain an appeal until next summer, than i am with you taking the test.

Just is almost 9months away.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Cody
Newly Registered

Post by Cody » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:40 am

Thanks obie,for your good advice,its first time that my visa is refused by home office even this time i fullfilled all the requirements of visa and i was not expecting this at all.otherwise if i had known about this,i would have got the provisional DVLA license,I have been using my passport as an id for last 9 years and never had any problem, so there was no need for provisional DVLA license because i dont know driving, that is why i never applied for it ,but today i am realizing that i made a big mistake,the reason why i am sharing all this with you is to encourage you guys to get at least provisional DVLA license even if you dont need that otherwise you can be in a similar situation that i am in today.....Goodluck to u all .

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:02 am

Cody wrote:Thanks obie,for your good advice,its first time that my visa is refused by home office even this time i fullfilled all the requirements of visa and i was not expecting this at all.otherwise if i had known about this,i would have got the provisional DVLA license,I have been using my passport as an id for last 9 years and never had any problem, so there was no need for provisional DVLA license because i dont know driving, that is why i never applied for it ,but today i am realizing that i made a big mistake,the reason why i am sharing all this with you is to encourage you guys to get at least provisional DVLA license even if you dont need that otherwise you can be in a similar situation that i am in today.....Goodluck to u all .

Silly u. First thing i did when i came to UK is applied for Provisional Licence. It's a form of acceptable id.
If u r thinking for 10 years ILR. Were u out of your mind that u never realized about LIUK Test?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided