ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement (INSTITUTE of engineers)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaysharmanyc2006

English language requirement (INSTITUTE of engineers)

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Hello all,

I have completed diploma after high school which was instructed in english (of course). Later, I did AMIE from Institute of Engineers (I), kolkata which is essentially a corresponding couse like CA.
My question is will HO consider english language criteria from both the institutes or either will do or I will have to appear for some test?

Your help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ajay sharma

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:12 am

The best people to contact is NARIC UK to enquire as to whether your course is a recognised Bachelor's degree. If it is not recognised as a Bachelor's degree, then you will have to do the required English aptitude test.

However, your chances of getting the required points goes down quite a bit if you have not completed an undergraduate degree.
sean

ajaysharmanyc2006

AMIE FROM Institution of Engineers (India)

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:06 pm

Sean,

Thanks for your reply to my query.

I would like to add here is that AMIE is equivalent to BE in India and it is recognized by Govt of India as equivalent degree. We are eligible for M.Tech OR MBA program.
I am getting such letter from my institute stating this equivalence.

Do you think I should appear for IELTS exam?

Best Regards,

Ajay Sharma

chicku

Re: AMIE FROM Institution of Engineers (India)

Post by chicku » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:20 pm

ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:Sean,

Thanks for your reply to my query.

I would like to add here is that AMIE is equivalent to BE in India and it is recognized by Govt of India as equivalent degree. We are eligible for M.Tech OR MBA program.
I am getting such letter from my institute stating this equivalence.

Do you think I should appear for IELTS exam?

Best Regards,

Ajay Sharma
Hi Ajay,

Take the IELTS exam. It is an hassle free way.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:09 am

IELTS is the safest.

Get it. It may be useful for your Australian and Canadian immigration pursuits too (in case you have those options in mind), if your HSMP application does not come through.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:59 am

Hi,
Few months back, one of my friend got negative response from NARIC about recognising AMIE as a academic qualification. By that time he got a response from NARIC saying that they are waiting from Govt 0f India for some info. I dont know whether they included AMIE into thier database now or not? plz call NARIC and confirm before making ur application, now a days they are answering throuh phone without any charge(as someone in this forum confirmed).

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: English language requirement (INSTITUTE of engineers)

Post by pantaiema » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:17 pm

What I couls try to research as much as information form this forum from people who have used University letter tobe used as proff of english fluency
ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:Hello all,

I have completed diploma after high school which was instructed in english (of course). Later, I did AMIE from Institute of Engineers (I), kolkata which is essentially a corresponding couse like CA.
My question is will HO consider english language criteria from both the institutes or either will do or I will have to appear for some test?

Your help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ajay sharma
Pantaiema

ajaysharmanyc2006

Institution of Engineers

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:34 am

Hi all,

Thanks for all your valuable comments. I have just called NARIC and they have confirmed that Sec A&B is considered equivalent to BE for INDIA.

Even though she confirmed it, I am not taking any chances and getting the assessment letter from the body.

Best Regards,

Ajay sharma

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

AMIE - HSMP

Post by for_HSMP » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:39 am

Hi,

Are there any one who got AMIE and got the points for the qualification eql. to Bachelors degree.

and , have any of u submitted the english language requirement from the institution.

Finally, anyone got succeeded in HSMP after AMIE Qual.

Rgds
Madan

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by for_HSMP » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:40 am

Hi Ajay,

Did u apply and have u got HSMP approved ?

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

ajaysharmanyc2006

HSMP VISA

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:35 pm

I have applied for HSMP last week. I am keeping my fingures crossed until i hear something back from HO.

cheers,

ajay

for_HSMP wrote:Hi Ajay,

Did u apply and have u got HSMP approved ?

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by for_HSMP » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi Ajay,

Would you pleae let me know what are al the docs your have submitted,

If u dont mind..i am just preparing myself and though your inputs are required. reg AMIE letter, payslips , tax retunrs etc...

Thanks Much

ajaysharmanyc2006

application docs

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:41 am

Hi,

I have MBA so I am not using AMIE to gain education points. I would strongly recommend you to get equivalency certificate from UKNARIC. I didnt do it because I am using it for english language proficiency requirement.
you need to send 550 rupees for transcript and 150 rupees for language certificate to calcutta. if you have done diploma before it then get transcript and language certificate from it as well.

best luck,

ajay

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

Reg. AMIE

Post by for_HSMP » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me the procedure you have followed to get transcript ( not sure what's this?) and the english language requirement from AMIE...

Also, do we need to submit english requirement for Engg diploma as well, any idea why do we need to..

Did u get cert from NARIC cert for AMIE , what are the docs u hv submited and how much time it has taken..

Your help is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks !

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

AMIE

Post by for_HSMP » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Ajay,

Sorry if am asking too much of information. But, am held up here in deciding whether to go or not. I found the guy who has done AMIE!

It would be great if i can help me with the details and i would request you give your mail ID / Phone number ( if u dont mind )....I want do discuss with you

Pls send it to my mail ID:mohanmb@yahoo.com !

Thanks Much !

ajaysharmanyc2006

Re: AMIE

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:14 am

Sorry if am asking too much of information. But, am held up here in deciding whether to go or not. I found the guy who has done AMIE!

It would be great if i can help me with the details and i would request you give your mail ID / Phone number ( if u dont mind )....I want do discuss with you

Pls send it to my mail ID:mohanmb@yahoo.com !

Thanks Much !
just call mr. banerjee, director of examination at kolkatta. he would ask you send a letter addressed to him for transcript and language letter and send a DD for 125+550 rupees.

it is plain and simple. it is pain to get through kolkata office but keep trying you may get through eventually.

best luck,

ajay

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by for_HSMP » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the information. Do you have any direct number or the proper number to call Mr. Benerjeee...

Also, i have got my AMIE sec A and Sec B marklists , Provisional certificate and Associate ceritifate from AMIE..

Do we need to get anything else( not sure if transcipts is anything more )

Thans for the help!

ajaysharmanyc2006

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:29 pm

Thanks for the information. Do you have any direct number or the proper number to call Mr. Benerjeee...

Also, i have got my AMIE sec A and Sec B marklists , Provisional certificate and Associate ceritifate from AMIE..

Do we need to get anything else( not sure if transcipts is anything more )

Thans for the help!
dude,

if you look at any institute document then you will get the number.
transcript is different from marklists. It is a letter issued by any institute upon completion of the program. your separate marklists don't indicate whether you have completed the program.
you need to browse something on your own instead of coming with such petty queries on this forum.
nobody is going to spoon feed you the entire process. it is work of an consultant and you should seriously think hiring someone.
This forum is for those issues which falls on gray area where we need to pick each others brain to get the insight into the issue.

best luck,

ajay

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by for_HSMP » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:40 pm

Thanks Ajay !

Its the same for anyone who is trying to gather information, Even you would tend to have asked the similar Q's initially....

what u know might not be known to me....and its the same otherway around..that's why we all come here..Its a forum to share out information...

Thanks though for your inputs, Pls don't think otherwise while u r posting some info....

ajaysharmanyc2006

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 am

for_HSMP wrote:Thanks Ajay !

Its the same for anyone who is trying to gather information, Even you would tend to have asked the similar Q's initially....

what u know might not be known to me....and its the same otherway around..that's why we all come here..Its a forum to share out information...

Thanks though for your inputs, Pls don't think otherwise while u r posting some info....
i agree with you that we tend to ask even basic questions while gathering information and this forum is to help each other so that everyone is benefited. But, if you ask me the phone number to call at kolkatta, the place whose number you may find on each of your documents related to the institute. Then it becomes annoying.
it shows that you want all the members present on this forum to get information to you which nobody would appreciate.

anyway, best luck in your application and please follow i had told you earlier. i m sure your application will be processed successfully.

ajay

deepakr2007
Newly Registered

AMIE - Language requirement

Post by deepakr2007 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:06 am

Dear all,

I have completed ME after AMIE. I need AMIE for language not for points. But from ajay's suggession I have jsut one querry IF you have language certificate then is it mandatory to get transscript.

What is trasnscript and why is it needed ?

please answer it. Because I have already language certificate. And I want to file hsmp. As I claim 80 points.

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by for_HSMP » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:19 pm

Thanks Ajay !

Think here is you will be curious and want to double check few things while u r applying.....its true i know the contacts of AMIE...i called them numerous times as we know its always tough to get right person...if by memory u know the bharadwaj no...i thought it will help me..And, AMIE and all are very few guys knwoledge....So, hv been asking that.

anyways, its gone now...nothing to bother...has ur HSMP got approved ?

ajaysharmanyc2006

transcript

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:03 pm

hi deepak,

we end up with number of marklists during section A&B and it is very difficult for outsiders to comprehend it. So each college/institute issues a comprehensive marklist which is called transcript which list all the course in chronical order for ease to understand.
it cost 550 from the institution of engineers.
if you dont want to spend 550 rupees then you may take send all your marklist along with certificate to HO.

BEST LUCK,

AJAY

ajaysharmanyc2006

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:04 pm

for_HSMP wrote:Thanks Ajay !

Think here is you will be curious and want to double check few things while u r applying.....its true i know the contacts of AMIE...i called them numerous times as we know its always tough to get right person...if by memory u know the bharadwaj no...i thought it will help me..And, AMIE and all are very few guys knwoledge....So, hv been asking that.

anyways, its gone now...nothing to bother...has ur HSMP got approved ?
YES, MY HSMP got approved last week.

best luck,

ajay

HSMP_RAJA
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_RAJA » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi Ajay,

Congrats for getting approval for your HSMP. I also did AMIE after diploma.

Small query.

You mentioned that you have used your MBA for getting the points. Did you applied based on MBA provision or AMIE? If based on AMIE, have you taken equivalency certificate from UKNARIC?

Your inputs will very much appreciated.

Regards
Raja