ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization eligibility period for home owner

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akodalikar
Newly Registered

Naturalization eligibility period for home owner

Post by akodalikar » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi All,

Posting on behalf of a friend:

"I have entered in UK in June 2009 and got ILR in June 2014 along with dependents. I am also a home owner in UK and I heard that home owner can apply for Naturalization 9 months after ILR instead of waiting for 1 years, is it true? Could not find any link on gov.uk

All other requirements are met. The only doubt is if a home owner in UK need to wait for 9 months or 1 year post ILR for Naturalization. Please advise."

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization eligibility period for home owner

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Not true I'm afraid. Unless the applicant is married to a British Citizen they can't apply until they have completed 12 months after receiving ILR. If they are married to a BC they would qualify after 3 years of legal residence, assuming they have been granted ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am

Related question.

I am eligible on Oct 10th, 2014 for naturalisation, can I apply 20 days before that, or how 'early' can I apply before that date please?

For me every day counts as need to buy tickets for family trip. Thanks for advice.

Regards.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:33 am

The earliest you should be applying is October 9th as Home Office will probably receive your application the day after and that is the day your application period starts.
I am sometimes wrong.