ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cool mind

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by cool mind » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
cool mind wrote:Hi,
A small silly question but useful. That what are the best envelopes/bags for sending and receiving back (prepaid) from HO from following list:

Plastic mailing bags
Paper envelope
Paper bubble envelope

Hello Coolmind ,

Its really doesn't make any difference although plastic bags and paper bubble envelope are most reliable ...post office guys will help you out for pre paid track able special delivery :P
But don't forget take the snap of track able reference number from the prepaid envelope or post office reciept will have that reference number printed on it :) so the only reason you are sending pre paid special delivery envelope so you can easily track your document through their website by keep checking on their web site after three months for your own piece of mind otherwise HO will send you on second class registered post where i think you can not track them

Btw you never share your time line with us :lol: or you still collecting information on every bit and pieces of useful question :)

Best of luck
Regards
S.AKaram
Thanks for reply. Actually to me ukba is a child ghost who make us frightful by their childish silly acts sometime, that's why these silly questions are essential to ask :D. Are paper bubble bags are fine and strong as they will stay at ukba in folded position for sometime for the return of documents.

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just posted my SET(LR) documents I have also added a return plastic envelope with it

Thanks

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Paper bubble envelopes are more better because plastic bubble inside jointly attach with paper which make the attached documents more conveniently stay in envelope, same like sleeping on floor and bed mattress. I don't think the 3-4 months time of processing can damage or tear the paper bubble envelope as all other attached documents are also paper made not plastic made. Other good idea can be to secure the all four edges of paper bubble envelope with plastic clear tape. Comment people if they like or dislike that idea.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi guys, just filling out my form for SET (LR) ... shortly be joining the queue:) Just got a question that got me a bit confused! It's A2 (correspondence address). My correspondence address is same as home address. So do I fill A2 with the same address or leave it blank?
This is what's written in the guidance note of the application form: "A2-A3 If the address for correspondence is
different from your home address in the UK,
please give that address at A2." At his moment I'm inclined to write down my address anyway since it's still gonna be same even if I wasn't supposed to fill it out. Any help is greatly appreciated:) Best of luck to everyone waiting.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

shasus7 wrote:Hi guys, just filling out my form for SET (LR) ... shortly be joining the queue:) Just got a question that got me a bit confused! It's A2 (correspondence address). My correspondence address is same as home address. So do I fill A2 with the same address or leave it blank?
This is what's written in the guidance note of the application form: "A2-A3 If the address for correspondence is
please give that address at A2." At his moment I'm inclined to write down my address anyway since it's still gonna be same even if I wasn't supposed to fill it out. Any help is greatly appreciated:) Best of luck to everyone waiting.
Hi Shasus7 ,

Welcome to the forum ,
I think you are really confused ...okay lets go bit by bit :-

If you are worried about A2 TO A3 :-

-A2. Contact Address in the UK for correspondence?

you are right here you will write your home address where you are living now as you are applying yourself and you said your correspond address is your home address .

A3. Contact Name in the UK if different from that of the applicant?

In A3 they are asking you the contact name not the contact address or any corresponding address and as you are applying your self and you are the main applicant so here you have to leave it blank

And rest A4 and Rest are easy hope you don't have any problem in it ...

Now if you see section B :-

B14. Home address in the UK:?

here again you will write your home address which should be the same as your corresponding address ..

B19. Correspondence address (if different from above):

This section you will be leave blank because your corresponding address is not different from above

Seems you mixing A2 AND B19 ....or you can ask again if you still have got problem with it ...

feel free to ask .

Hope its help
Regards ,
S.Akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:04 pm

ilruk84 wrote:Hello Everyone,

Just posted my SET(LR) documents I have also added a return plastic envelope with it

Thanks
Hi ilruk84,
My prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:16 pm

viganooriah wrote:
aprboom wrote:
ukvisaengland wrote:Well done brother, Southampton would be on fire tonight :) Finally Allah has rewarded you for your patience. Thank you for wishing us, need your prayers.

PS: Shahjee for president ! ;)
Hi ukvisaengland,
Hurrah hurrah great news mate, took a bit long but never mind it is with you now. Now fun times, free times and happy times. Well done and well deserved. Enjoy your freedom. My prayers and best wishes with you and your family.
@ aprboom, you made my day, there I am laughing my head off, and my wife and kids think I have gone nuts :lol: what a comment .... Absolutely love it. I will take you up on the call for Presidency though :lol:
You take care, and keep the atmosphere full of fun and laughter like this. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thank you guys for your wishes and support I am really appreciated. It was one of my best days I cant believe I have been here over 10 years. time is flying we have gone through a good and bad times during these years thanks Allah there is no more immigration restrictions :). I am prying and wishing good luck for the rest of members. Thanks Shahjee, aprboom, Shez and the rest of the member. keep on the good work guys and the good news on its way :) :)

Dear brothers in arms,

Finally the blessed news hit me earlier in the day and I was informed that by the grace of Allah, HO has approved the application. I used to look in the mirror and thought of myself as a character from one of those epic movies like gladiator, braveheart, 300, troy but in the past week or so when the approval didn't come, mind scrambled, lost a few more hair, and when pressure was on, legs were feeling weary but Alhumdulillah everything just feels so nice at the minute even my sleazy boss :)

I thank you all for showing great support. Ukvisaengland! Keep your spirits high buddy. Shez1330! We are desperately waiting
To hear from you, and InshaAllah by the time you read this message you will have your own story to tell.

Shahjee Shahjee! How can we all forget you? Even if we wanted to :)

You have put a smile on so many faces this year so I was doing my bit to give some of your own medicine back to you, that's all! I see some of the group members have already started calling you DR. ;) You are a genuinely good person with a genuine blue font and may Allah keep you and your family safe and happy.

Last but not least, I will inform everyone as soon as I get my hands on my passport, degree Certs and my brp.

Lots of love, good wishes and prays for all!

Aprboom
Well done,

Now you may breathe as a free person

Thank you sir, much appreciated!

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:@aprboom ,

April boom boom !! :D
Congratulation !!!
Enjoy your freedom ........

Did u send pre paid envelope ?

Thanks
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Thank you dude! Hahaaaa definitely not that boom boom, he is more like bust than boom. No I sent my case through a solicitor.
Be good

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
shasus7 wrote:Hi guys, just filling out my form for SET (LR) ... shortly be joining the queue:) Just got a question that got me a bit confused! It's A2 (correspondence address). My correspondence address is same as home address. So do I fill A2 with the same address or leave it blank?
Hi Shasus7 ,

Welcome to the forum ,
I think you are really confused ...okay lets go bit by bit :-

If you are worried about A2 TO A3 :-

-A2. Contact Address in the UK for correspondence?

you are right here you will write your home address where you are living now as you are applying yourself and you said your correspond address is your home address .

A3. Contact Name in the UK if different from that of the applicant?

In A3 they are asking you the contact name not the contact address or any corresponding address and as you are applying your self and you are the main applicant so here you have to leave it blank

And rest A4 and Rest are easy hope you don't have any problem in it ...

Now if you see section B :-

B14. Home address in the UK:?

here again you will write your home address which should be the same as your corresponding address ..

B19. Correspondence address (if different from above):

This section you will be leave blank because your corresponding address is not different from above

Seems you mixing A2 AND B19 ....or you can ask again if you still have got problem with it ...

feel free to ask .

Hope its help
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Thanks bother S.Akaram for quick response:) I assumed the way you mentioned as well just needed some sort validation from a seasoned campaigner...lol. I've actually been a member for a while now and been an avid silent reader. All of you guys doing a fantastic job here helping each other out. I'll send out my application on 15th Insha'Allah, plz remember us in your prayers.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi shasus,
S. Akaram already answered your query in detail, but I must emphasise here that this is the time for you to be focused and get clear answers to all questions, don't be confused by simple questions like this. And as S. Akaram already say don't hesitate to ask.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Hi shasus,
S. Akaram already answered your query in detail, but I must emphasise here that this is the time for you to be focused and get clear answers to all questions, don't be confused by simple questions like this. And as S. Akaram already say don't hesitate to ask.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks Shahjee for reassuring me. I believe I'm OK with rest of the form since I've been reading this forum for nearly 2 years! However, as you said if I got stuck anywhere I'll fire away:)

satif-uk
Newly Registered

Post by satif-uk » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi
I am new in forum where I can find link of updated google drive could anyone send me link

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:42 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Hi shasus,
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Dear Shahjee, I'm back with a question again! D4. My current leave expires on 30/01/2015. so do it do anything with D5? or jump to D7? My understanding is I can go straight to D7 after D4. Is it right or wrong? Thanks for your help in advance:)

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:52 pm

aprboom wrote:
ukvisaengland wrote:Well done brother, Southampton would be on fire tonight :) Finally Allah has rewarded you for your patience. Thank you for wishing us, need your prayers.

PS: Shahjee for president ! ;)
Hi ukvisaengland,
Hurrah hurrah great news mate, took a bit long but never mind it is with you now. Now fun times, free times and happy times. Well done and well deserved. Enjoy your freedom. My prayers and best wishes with you and your family.
@ aprboom, you made my day, there I am laughing my head off, and my wife and kids think I have gone nuts :lol: what a comment .... Absolutely love it. I will take you up on the call for Presidency though :lol:
You take care, and keep the atmosphere full of fun and laughter like this. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thank you guys for your wishes and support I am really appreciated. It was one of my best days I cant believe I have been here over 10 years. time is flying we have gone through a good and bad times during these years thanks Allah there is no more immigration restrictions :). I am prying and wishing good luck for the rest of members. Thanks Shahjee, aprboom, Shez and the rest of the member. keep on the good work guys and the good news on its way :) :)

Dear brothers in arms,

Finally the blessed news hit me earlier in the day and I was informed that by the grace of Allah, HO has approved the application. I used to look in the mirror and thought of myself as a character from one of those epic movies like gladiator, braveheart, 300, troy but in the past week or so when the approval didn't come, mind scrambled, lost a few more hair, and when pressure was on, legs were feeling weary but Alhumdulillah everything just feels so nice at the minute even my sleazy boss :)

I thank you all for showing great support. Ukvisaengland! Keep your spirits high buddy. Shez1330! We are desperately waiting
To hear from you, and InshaAllah by the time you read this message you will have your own story to tell.

Shahjee Shahjee! How can we all forget you? Even if we wanted to :)

You have put a smile on so many faces this year so I was doing my bit to give some of your own medicine back to you, that's all! I see some of the group members have already started calling you DR. ;) You are a genuinely good person with a genuine blue font and may Allah keep you and your family safe and happy.

Last but not least, I will inform everyone as soon as I get my hands on my passport, degree Certs and my brp.

Lots of love, good wishes and prays for all!

Aprboom[/quote]

Congratulation enjoy your freedom no we haven't anything today either. Just getting bit impatience now ...Dont if its worth to ring them or wait for this week.
Shez

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Dear Shahjee or any other members who can shed some light on this please, SET (LR) section 4 - Documents: I'm providing all passports and BRP, there's nothing missing. So checked those two boxes. But there is no mention of Life In the UK Pass or Language requirement certificate in the documents section! Shall I check the last option of "Any other documents/details which support your application" to cover for those two documents or that's not relevant for this section? Every bit of help much appreciated:)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:50 pm

shasus7 wrote:Dear Shahjee or any other members who can shed some light on this please, SET (LR) section 4 - Documents: I'm providing all passports and BRP, there's nothing missing. So checked those two boxes. But there is no mention of Life In the UK Pass or Language requirement certificate in the documents section! Shall I check the last option of "Any other documents/details which support your application" to cover for those two documents or that's not relevant for this section? Every bit of help much appreciated:)
I think you should leave this blank as you have already mentioned Life in the UK and Language in section 3 so no need to mention this here again. It is primarily for those who have missing passport and are submitting other documents to support their duration of 10 years.

I have done the same and going to submit my application tomorrow.

Regards,
ArsaL

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
shasus7 wrote:Dear Shahjee or any other members who can shed some light on this please, SET (LR) section 4 - Documents: I'm providing all passports and BRP, there's nothing missing. So checked those two boxes. But there is no mention of Life In the UK Pass or Language requirement certificate in the documents section! Shall I check the last option of "Any other documents/details which support your application" to cover for those two documents or that's not relevant for this section? Every bit of help much appreciated:)
I think you should leave this blank as you have already mentioned Life in the UK and Language in section 3 so no need to mention this here again. It is primarily for those who have missing passport and are submitting other documents to support their duration of 10 years.

Regards,
ArsaL
Thanks bother Arsal. Very best of luck with your application...may Allah see us all through:) Btw any suggestion on this "I'm back with a question again! D4. My current leave expires on 30/01/2015. so do it do anything with D5? or jump to D7? My understanding is I can go straight to D7 after D4. Is it right or wrong? Thanks for your help in advance:)", I asked this a little earlier but no response yet. Thanks again.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 pm

shasus7 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:

Regards,
ArsaL
Thanks bother Arsal. Very best of luck with your application...may Allah see us all through:) Btw any suggestion on this "I'm back with a question again! D4. My current leave expires on 30/01/2015. so do it do anything with D5? or jump to D7? My understanding is I can go straight to D7 after D4. Is it right or wrong? Thanks for your help in advance:)", I asked this a little earlier but no response yet. Thanks again.
Just fill your visa expire date on D4 and check No to D5 and move onto D7.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks bother Arsal. Very best of luck with your application...may Allah see us all through:) Btw any suggestion on this "I'm back with a question again! D4. My current leave expires on 30/01/2015. so do it do anything with D5? or jump to D7? My understanding is I can go straight to D7 after D4. Is it right or wrong? Thanks for your help in advance:)", I asked this a little earlier but no response yet. Thanks again.[/quote]

Just fill your visa expire date on D4 and check No to D5 and move onto D7.[/quote]

Thanks a lot brother, it's a big help. I wasn't gonna do anything with D5! OK I'll check NO to D5 then move to D7. Thanks.

K4

Post by K4 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:20 am

K4 wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:
K4 wrote:hi everyone

applied 29/08/2014
payment taken on 02/09/2014
still haven't received the acknowledgement letter should i ring HO if i do what should i say to them?

Hello K4,
Don't worry ...wait for one more week or probably it will be on transit so hopefully will be with you by next week .

Regards ,
S.Akaram
thanks S.Akaram will do that
received my acknowledgement thank to Allah :)

faddy
Newly Registered

Post by faddy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am

Hi All

I am new to this form seen a lot of help by the ppl on the form.

I have sent my application for SET (LR)

Application date: 29/09/14
Acknowledgement Letter: Pending

I have updated myself on the google drive hope its correct. Feel free to make changes if not correct.

My history is 9 years student + 1 year Tier 5 Visa (expiring on 14/10/2014
Arrival date in UK 21/09/14
Been in and out of country for 360 days in total and not more than 40 days at once.
I had 3 points on driving licence and £60 fine in 2006 from court which i did mentioned.

Wish me Luck (hopefully all should go straight)

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 am

faddy wrote:Hi All

I am new to this form seen a lot of help by the ppl on the form.

I have sent my application for SET (LR)

Application date: 29/09/14
Acknowledgement Letter: Pending

I have updated myself on the google drive hope its correct. Feel free to make changes if not correct.

My history is 9 years student + 1 year Tier 5 Visa (expiring on 14/10/2014
Arrival date in UK 21/09/14
Been in and out of country for 360 days in total and not more than 40 days at once.
I had 3 points on driving licence and £60 fine in 2006 from court which i did mentioned.

Wish me Luck (hopefully all should go straight)

Hello faddy,

Welcome to the forum
Wishing you best of luck with your application
Just want to withdraw your attention towards your timeline it should be 29/08/2014 probably it's a typing error ... We assumed that you have posted your application on 29/08/2014 and that's y you are waiting for your acknowledgment letter :P
Don't worry you will get your acknowledgment letter very soon ..you should be okay with your 10 years history and all your absence are also okay ...so inshallah there would be no issue ..

Luckily you got tier 5 .... An artist / creative person / sportsman..brilliant
Our prayers are with you
Regards
S.Akaram

yas01
Newly Registered

Post by yas01 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:00 am

Dear all,

hope all are doing well, i am finding it difficult to figure out which form to use for my sons application who is in Pakistan at the moment. He has lived in uk as psw and tier 4 dependent. His last leave expired in june while in Pakistan. Due to the timming of my ilr(LR) successfull application process i was unable to bring him in before his visa expiry. i am going to Pakistan this month to get his visa sorted ....... kindly advise which form to use or if any other option i can take.

Regards,
Yasir

usman.tariq
Newly Registered

Post by usman.tariq » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Forum Members
I am new here and hope that someone can help and support me with my query.
I intend to apply for Indefinite Leave to remain and looking for some information regarding this category.
My circumstances are as follows:
At the time of my intended application which will be in Jan 2016:
I would be in UK for exactly 10 years and immigration categories were as follows:
Dates Category Duration
March 2013 - March 2016 Tier 1 General (Extension) 3 Years
Feb 2011 - Feb 2013 Tier 1 General 2 Years
Jan 2009 - Jan 2011 PSW 2 Years
April 2007 - Dec 2008 Student 1 year 9 months
Jan 2006 - April 2007 Student 1 year 3 months

My wife came to UK in March 2007 and has stayed with me ever since and has not spent more than 6 weeks outside UK at any given point. She has stayed in UK as my dependent and has all extensions under dependent category.

My daughter was both in UK on 24/01/2009 and has lived here ever since and has not spent more than 6 weeks outside UK at any given point. She currently has a Pakistani passport and she has stayed in UK as my dependent and has all extensions under dependent category.

My son was both in UK on 13/12/2012 and has lived here ever since and has not spent more than 6 weeks outside UK at any given point. He currently has a Pakistani passport and he has stayed in UK as my dependent and has all extensions under dependent category.

What documents I need to provide as a proof?
I don’t think so that I will be able to provide Statements from Land lords (10 years ago, I do not have their contact details).
As student I was not paying any council tax so I cannot provide the tax bills as well.
Also I don’t have access to all the utility bills as some of the bills were included in the rent where I lived initially.
I initially lived in a different city for few months and done a short diploma and then moved to a different city and started my degree with a university. I did not register with a GP when I was doing a diploma so from Jan 2006 to August 2006 I can’t get a GP letter but I can get a GP letter from Sep 2006 till now.

I am in continuous employment from March 2006 till now and can provide letter from employers to confirm that.
I can also provide a bank letter as well to confirm that I am their customer from Feb 2006 till now.
I own a house with my wife and can provide mortgage documents as well.

I have following questions:

1. Will my wife be able to apply as my dependent or she has to apply under a different category?
2. What is best scenario for her application? (Her dependent visa expires on 03/03/2016 same time as me)
3. Will my daughter and son be able to apply as my dependent or they have to apply under a different category?
4. Can they apply directly for British Nationality after I have been given Indefinite Leave to remain?
5. If answer to question 4 is yes then how to apply and when to apply? If we apply for their nationality after I get my ILR (which can take 26-30 weeks), will their stay beyond 03/03/2016(date of dependent visa expiry) be considered overstay/illegal? Will this overstay have any effect on their application for Nationality?
6. And the last question is about availability of premium service for ILR application on 10 years basis.

I really appreciate if someone can help me to understand these issues. I have heard a lot about senior members helping to answer these queries and expect the support and help from all of you.

Many Thanks

Usman

gondal777
Newly Registered

Post by gondal777 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 am

alhamdolilah my wife and childrens got indefinate under the old rules .....thanks to this forum where i got information about applying spouce visa before 6th april