ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Bank Related Important Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

ILR Application - Bank Related Important Query

Post by mobeenkhan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:35 am

Hello Everyone,

I really need your advice, and quick too. Please do help. Well at the moment, I have more than £3000 in my savings account, which is separate to my account where I receive my salary (i.e., the current account). I will be applying for my ILR mid Oct (i.e., Next Month) and the current situation of my account where I receive my Salary every month is, that it is, constantly in Overdraft (something around £2000 overdraft).

I know it's a bit late, but someone told me that it might cause a problem. Wanted to confirm if this can in any way affect their judgement? I always thought that the current account statement is only used to show that I've been paid the salary I've mentioned in my application (counter checking with the payslips attached) and proving that I am working in the UK. Can you please advice on this?

And if it does affect in any way, what if I somehow gather the funds and finish my overdraft right now? Would that be alright?

Please do help? I'll be awaiting your humble replies, Thanks again for reading

Regards
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

pelen23

Re: ILR Application - Bank Related Important Query

Post by pelen23 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:48 am

Hi there

As far as I know using your overdraft should not be a problem , providing you pay your bills , rent ect. without relying on public funds. People do / can barrow money from banks time to time like mortgage ect.

bhp

Post by bhp » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 am

Absolutely no problem. Nothing to worry.

bazzman
Newly Registered

Post by bazzman » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:51 am

You have nothing to worry about. What you need to do is to show them the two bank statements, one showing your earnings(salary) and the other showing your savings for 90 days. Infact i have done it that way and it worked without issues. Good luck