ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employed tax not due till 31st jan 2015

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

self employed tax not due till 31st jan 2015

Post by mobileunlockers » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi guys

i am a self employed and my accounts done from April 2013 till April 2014 but till not due till 31st jan 2015. i have rung HMR but they have refused to take the payments as its not due till next year. so my question is "can i still apply for my wife's visa or do i have to wait till i pay my all tax? please advice me thanks

humawakas2014

Re: self employed tax not due till 31st jan 2015

Post by humawakas2014 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:55 am

mobileunlockers wrote:Hi guys

i am a self employed and my accounts done from April 2013 till April 2014 but till not due till 31st jan 2015. i have rung HMR but they have refused to take the payments as its not due till next year. so my question is "can i still apply for my wife's visa or do i have to wait till i pay my all tax? please advice me thanks
Same situation as mine I still applied though. Have set up direct debit to credit my tax account so when in January they take it all money will be there.

Have paid £3000 of £4500 bill so far
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

emmyemmy

Post by emmyemmy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:24 am

I don't think you have to pay to apply , you just need to show the returns in the form of SA300 the the hmrc sends to you and a copy of you tax return.

7. In respect of self-employment in the UK as a partner, as a sole trader or in a franchise all of
the following must be provided:9
(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years
(where those documents show the necessary level of gross income as an average of
those two years):
(i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out); and
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
(c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
(d) Each partner's Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the
partnership or business.
(e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank
statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
(f) personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing
that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the
person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2
National Insurance contributions.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi,

Emmy or any other members,

Can you please let me know that what proof can we provide to home office that we was registered before 11 July ?, we have the letter from hrmc does not show any proof of actual registration date?
thanks
Best Regards

Rockey