ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-country skilled worker visa application timelines

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Re: In-country Tier 2 application timelines

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Tukadevi wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:
Tukadevi wrote:Khuram545, yes man it's really confusing. Where to get the best advice? It's nowhere written. Many thanks!!

for safe side i would say if your CoS still appears as Assigned , visit sponsor and request them to add note in sponsorship management system against your CoS that your working hours are 37.5 not 39hrs.

So stressful.. Isn't it? No clear direction! Thank you very much! Let me know if something arises. I have spoken to the company & they will have a look into it.
I Totally agree, sometimes it seems HO deliberately does not mention stuff clearly.
Khurram

Tukadevi

Post by Tukadevi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Tukadevi wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:
Tukadevi wrote:Khuram545, yes man it's really confusing. Where to get the best advice? It's nowhere written. Many thanks!!

for safe side i would say if your CoS still appears as Assigned , visit sponsor and request them to add note in sponsorship management system against your CoS that your working hours are 37.5 not 39hrs.

So stressful.. Isn't it? No clear direction! Thank you very much! Let me know if something arises. I have spoken to the company & they will have a look into it.

@khuram545, it's always stressful and did some research on that. Saw a UKBA SOC code practices for a 3545 Account Manager position salary is based on Annual Survey of Earnings. This takes into account 39 hours per week. This is all based on the job type and the method the survey was conducted. I can also see that some jobs are based on the NHS survey which are based on 37.5Hours. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Tukadevi wrote: @khuram545, it's always stressful and did some research on that. Saw a UKBA SOC code practices for a 3545 Account Manager position salary is based on Annual Survey of Earnings. This takes into account 39 hours per week. This is all based on the job type and the method the survey was conducted. I can also see that some jobs are based on the NHS survey which are based on 37.5Hours. Many thanks for your suggestions.
Thanks for sharing the knowledge

Best of luck
Khurram

Asif41553
Newly Registered

Post by Asif41553 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:37 am

Need urgent advise. I applied for T2 general and now it's been more than 8 weeks but no response from UKBA and i contact them on 03001232241 but they don't pick phone . What should I do now?

1. Type of application: Tier 2 general (Switching )
2. If switching, category changing (switching) Tier 4 student
3. Date of expiry of current leave: Feb 2015
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: no
5. Date application posted: 14 July 2014
6. Date application received at UKBA: 15July 2014
7. Date payment debited: 17 July 2014
8. Payment mode : debit card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 17 July
10. Biometric letter received: 18 July
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 21 July
12. Date of approval: waiting
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: waiting
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: waiting
15. Date BRP received: waiting

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:01 am

Asif41553 wrote:Need urgent advise. I applied for T2 general and now it's been more than 8 weeks but no response from UKBA and i contact them on 03001232241 but they don't pick phone . What should I do now?

1. Type of application: Tier 2 general (Switching )
2. If switching, category changing (switching) Tier 4 student
3. Date of expiry of current leave: Feb 2015
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: no
5. Date application posted: 14 July 2014
6. Date application received at UKBA: 15July 2014
7. Date payment debited: 17 July 2014
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 17 July
10. Biometric letter received: 18 July
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 21 July
12. Date of approval: waiting
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: waiting
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: waiting
15. Date BRP received: waiting

if you tried after 4:40ish PM they dont pick , its time to close. try 03001232241 during before 9AM to 4PM
Khurram

epitutor
Newly Registered

Post by epitutor » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:25 pm

1. Type of application: (Switching / Extending) : Tier 2 (general)
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from : Tier 2 extension
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 15/09/2014
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 2
5. Date application posted: 11 August Online application
6. Date application received at UKBA: 13th August 2014
7. Date payment debited: 11th August
9. Acknowledgement letter received: -waiting
10. Biometric letter received: 09/09/2014
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 09/09/2014
12. Date of approval: -waiting
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: -waiting
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: -waiting
15. Date BRP received: -waiting
16. Sponsor: A Rated(NHS)

squalliram
United Kingdom

Post by squalliram » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:03 pm

epitutor wrote:1. Type of application: (Switching / Extending) : Tier 2 (general)
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from : Tier 2 extension
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 15/09/2014
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 2
5. Date application posted: 11 August Online application
6. Date application received at UKBA: 13th August 2014
7. Date payment debited: 11th August
9. Acknowledgement letter received: -waiting
10. Biometric letter received: 09/09/2014
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 09/09/2014
12. Date of approval: -waiting
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: -waiting
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: -waiting
15. Date BRP received: -waiting
16. Sponsor: A Rated(NHS)
So you finally got a response. I have noticed that there aren't many people submitting visa applications lately, so the burden in general is less probably. Still waiting to get my response after biometrics..

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Post by ashu.doc » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 pm

1. Type of application: Tier 2 General Extension
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from : N/A
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 14/10/14
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Rating of sponsor : A
6. Location: Liverpool
7. Application method: Online and post
8. Submitted Application : 16/08/14
9. Date application posted: 20/08/14
10. Date application received at HO : 22/08/14
11. Date payment debited: 22/08/14
12. Payment mode : Debit card
13. Ack. & BM letter issue date: not received and 24/08/14
14. Acknowledgement letter received: not received
15. Biometric letter received: 27/08/14
16. Date of biometrics enrollment: 28/08/14
15. Date of approval: waiting
17. Date of return of passport and other documents: waiting
18. Date (new) leave to remain valid from:
19. Date BRP received:

Tukadevi

Post by Tukadevi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi Everyone, I heard HO is taking time to decide new applications. The timeline has been longer than the expected recently. Is it true? Has anyone got approval recently from the switching category? Please post your timeline. Many thanks!!

Deepee
Newly Registered

Post by Deepee » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi everyone, I will like to share some news and light regarding the tier2 general visa refusal from my experience. This may help save money on solicitors as there is nothing special they do.

I applied to switch from post study work visa which expired on the 17th of May 2014 to a tier 2 sponsored visa for 3years. Every thing went well with the application. About 2 weeks after I received a letter from the home office staying that the fee I paid was incorrect. I showed it to my employer who called them and they adviced the same that we should pay an extra 400pounds. Which we did. Little did we know that it was the beginning of our problems. On July 1st 2014. I received a letter staying that my visa was refused and that I should leave the country. reason for refusal:inappropriate salary. Apparently my office had assigned the COS for four years and even if i applied for 3years was classed as an experienced worker. Distraught I sought help from HR in my office who clarified the same from the home office. Having over stayed at this time. I slough help from a solicitor who listened to the case he felt sorry that we had wasted all the money and still a refusal. Long story short on the 2nd of September 2014. I received an email,that my visa was in. Here is what we did. We applied for urgent COS to be issued

Solicitor adviced that I re-applied first before appeal so as to protect my working rights so I applied for a new one within the 28days of overstaying and then I appealed against decision to protect rights to work. Sometime in August we received an email from a caseworker in the home office advising that a decision was about to be made on the new visa application and that if we still wanted to proceed with the appeal. We said no that we have withdrawn appeal (which we did shortly before replying email by fax) and that we wanted new application considered. About 3 weeks later we received visa. If we knew it was that simple we wouldn't have wasted over 2000pounds on lawyer who did nothing really major. So in future at least I know what to do. This may help someone say money. Thanks

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Deepee wrote:Hi everyone, I will like to share some news and light regarding the tier2 general visa refusal from my experience. This may help save money on solicitors as there is nothing special they do.

I applied to switch from post study work visa which expired on the 17th of May 2014 to a tier 2 sponsored visa for 3years. Every thing went well with the application. About 2 weeks after I received a letter from the home office staying that the fee I paid was incorrect. I showed it to my employer who called them and they adviced the same that we should pay an extra 400pounds. Which we did. Little did we know that it was the beginning of our problems. On July 1st 2014. I received a letter staying that my visa was refused and that I should leave the country. reason for refusal:inappropriate salary. Apparently my office had assigned the COS for four years and even if i applied for 3years was classed as an experienced worker. Distraught I sought help from HR in my office who clarified the same from the home office. Having over stayed at this time. I slough help from a solicitor who listened to the case he felt sorry that we had wasted all the money and still a refusal. Long story short on the 2nd of September 2014. I received an email,that my visa was in. Here is what we did. We applied for urgent COS to be issued

Solicitor adviced that I re-applied first before appeal so as to protect my working rights so I applied for a new one within the 28days of overstaying and then I appealed against decision to protect rights to work. Sometime in August we received an email from a caseworker in the home office advising that a decision was about to be made on the new visa application and that if we still wanted to proceed with the appeal. We said no that we have withdrawn appeal (which we did shortly before replying email by fax) and that we wanted new application considered. About 3 weeks later we received visa. If we knew it was that simple we wouldn't have wasted over 2000pounds on lawyer who did nothing really major. So in future at least I know what to do. This may help someone say money. Thanks

Hi Deepee, sorry to hear but happy ending..

could you please share under which SOC you applied and when you re-applied did your employer increase the salary or reduce with work hours?
Khurram

Deepee
Newly Registered

Post by Deepee » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Khurram545 wrote:
Deepee wrote:Hi everyone, I will like to share some news and light regarding the tier2 general visa refusal from my experience. This may help save money on solicitors as there is nothing special they do.

could you please share under which SOC you applied and when you re-applied did your employer increase the salary or reduce with work hours?

Reapplied about mid July . Maybe 13th can't remember but no new salary just new COS for 3 years so I was no longer classed as an experienced worker. Bt a new starter

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Deepee wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:

Reapplied about mid July . Maybe 13th can't remember but no new salary just new COS for 3 years so I was no longer classed as an experienced worker. Bt a new starter
OMG, then case worker seems inexperienced, there are few example in same thread when they allow to clarify the duration and fee. ask some guru how to claim fee for incorrect decision
Khurram

Deepee
Newly Registered

Post by Deepee » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm

If you can do it for me for no fee I don't mind or if you know someone who will do no win no fee but I am not paying any more money to anyone

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Deepee wrote:If you can do it for me for no fee I don't mind or if you know someone who will do no win no fee but I am not paying any more money to anyone
Guru mean forum guru
Khurram

Asif41553
Newly Registered

Post by Asif41553 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:57 pm

@khuraam thanks. I have called them yesterday. They (ukba) said we can't tell you when your decision will be taken despite 8 weeks time frame has already passed . What should I do?

Bit confused is there any difference between posting application online or by post. As I used postal service instead of online. Thanks

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Asif41553 wrote:@khuraam thanks. I have called them yesterday. They (ukba) said we can't tell you when your decision will be taken despite 8 weeks time frame has already passed . What should I do?

Bit confused is there any difference between posting application online or by post. As I used postal service instead of online. Thanks

Try to communicate over email. i myself found rude guys over the phone.
ask your sponsor to check sponsorship management system (SMS) and check what is the status of your CoS (still as assigned or marked as used?)
from previous timelines and from my own experience , i found online one is little quicker and have less chance of errors as data is already in the system.

Confirm you have not applied for such a job which need some security clearance like NHS or some govt. organizations, that kind of apps take more time and HO rely on other organizations to get green signal.
Khurram

Asif41553
Newly Registered

Post by Asif41553 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks @ khurram for quick response. I will definitely email them. Do you knw email address? I would be very thankful to you. I didn't know about online is quicker otherwise I would have sent by online instead by post.What's the diff b/w assigned or used. Is COS used means they have issued visa? My company is private not Govt one.

Regards
Asif

Shakeel703
Newly Registered

Post by Shakeel703 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi

Anyone applied for Tier 2 ICT long term staff visa extension recently, please post the timeline

Thanks
Shakeel

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Asif41553 wrote:Thanks @ khurram for quick response. I will definitely email them. Do you knw email address? I would be very thankful to you. I didn't know about online is quicker otherwise I would have sent by online instead by post.What's the diff b/w assigned or used. Is COS used means they have issued visa? My company is private not Govt one.

Regards
Asif
link has several email address, try to find exact one some previous pages of same thread or forum , some guys contacted them.
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Once it is marked as Used means case worker has started work on that and now CoS used. if it case is simply straight forward then they used to issue the approval letter on same day (in my case it happened , my employer kept on eye on SMS and status change date is same as Approval date) assigned mean , it is allocated to you but caseworker has not start to look into.

CoS status USER does not mean visa has been issued , it just means CoS has been used, processes has been started and decision could be in either way.
Khurram

Tukadevi

Post by Tukadevi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi there, does anyone know, is it possible to get 5 years Visa on the new entrants salary in the switching over category? Are there any conditions on that? Will HO favour the 5 years application? Many thanks!!

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much does it cost for Tier 2 Extension for Dependent (General), when submitted along with the main applicant?

In my case, my partner's company is paying her visa fee and I am just wondering how much does it cost for myself and my newborn baby.

Thanks in advance.

squalliram
United Kingdom

Post by squalliram » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:42 pm

sanjumac wrote:Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much does it cost for Tier 2 Extension for Dependent (General), when submitted along with the main applicant?

In my case, my partner's company is paying her visa fee and I am just wondering how much does it cost for myself and my newborn baby.

Thanks in advance.
How many years 3 or 5?

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Thanks in advance.
here is answer of your question
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general
Khurram

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Khurram545 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
here is answer of your question
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general
Hi Khurram, Thanks for the quick reply. I have gone through the application as well.
i am confused between the following fees categories. please help.

Tier 2 General, ICT Long Term Staff, Sport & MOR - up to 3 years leave to
remain £601
Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff, Graduate Trainee or Skills Transfer £428
Tier 2 General, ICT Long Term Staff – over 3 years leave to remain £1,202
Last edited by sanjumac on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.