ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tallojani

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:05 am

tiredwaiting wrote:Hi everyone

I came across this forum recently. My wife submitted her application on 28/02/14 in Lahore, and still hasnt heard back. MP contacted UKVI in mid-August who said to expect a response within 8-10 weeks.

After looking through the paperwork with a friend he pointed out mistakes. I have 2 jobs, 1 which started 1st August 2013. For this job in Aug and Sept 2013 i was paid cash 1263.52 for each of these months after tax. I only put 1260 in my account for each month and kept the change. So on my bank statement it will show a different amount to my payslip. It seems this is going to be an issue after we looked through the immigration rules on calculation. The period after Sept 2013 i was paid by cheque so from then onwards it isnt an issue. 2 payslips show the cash amount with the above issue and the next 4 are just cheque payments which obviously match bank statement.

Is this definitely going to be refused? If yes, im sure they could have noticed this issue and refused straightaway so we could resubmit the case. Instead we are waiting such a long time and they have probably already made a decision months back but not yet responded to us. After using the new contact form they have online i have never been told if its on hold. I also emailed Islamabad Visa Section directly who just replied its still under process.

Is there anything i could do to minimize chance of refusal. Also is there a possibility of appealing if they refuse, because i have fully paid all taxes of which HMRC will have on record to confirm income.
Only Allah swt knows whether visa will be granted or refused, you shudn't be asking that question. Yes they could have refused straightaway but chances are they probably have not yet seen through your paperwork. If they do refuse then you will be given a chance to appeal. However, if you were refused on the payslip/bank statement issue which you agreed is a mistake from your end then chances of you wining the appeal are fairly remote. You cant win an appeal by providing evidence to judge that you have paid all taxes when you failed to fulfil the evidential requirement at time of application.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks Ket1 appreciate it, guess il have to
wait a little longer.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Please help. My wife will be submitting her visa application on 15/09/14. Because I get paid 4-weekly my next payslip will be available on the 19/09/14. Will this be an issue?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:43 pm

alil2014 wrote:Please help. My wife will be submitting her visa application on 15/09/14. Because I get paid 4-weekly my next payslip will be available on the 19/09/14. Will this be an issue?
@alil2014, issue in what sense? The day you are applying your next salary slip isn't issued so there is no way you can provide them with that.

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Ali2014 how many months payslips do you have? You need 6 or more if you are applying with meeting the financial requirement then 6 months.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:06 pm

networkers wrote:
alil2014 wrote:Please help. My wife will be submitting her visa application on 15/09/14. Because I get paid 4-weekly my next payslip will be available on the 19/09/14. Will this be an issue?
@alil2014, issue in what sense? The day you are applying your next salary slip isn't issued so there is no way you can provide them with that.
You know what these Eco's can be like. Just want to make sure that it's not overlooked somehow by the Eco and they assume I have a missing payslip.

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:08 pm

I call many times uk embassy they said we cant esclate ur case again bec decision is made its been 2 weeks ago no call from islamabad embassy ...now i decided to go in morning embassy and ask them if my decison is made than why u taking long ...

th3

Post by th3 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:29 pm

KET1: I'm saddened and sorry to hear about your case, but be calm and pray. Things always happen for a reason, work towards it positively. Don't lose against any tyrant.

Please refer to this, Annex Section FM 1.7 - Financial Evidential Flexibility:

3.4.1. There is discretion for decision-makers to defer an application pending submission of missing evidence or the correct version of it, within reasonable deadline set for this. Decision-makers will not have to defer where they do not think that correcting the error or omission will lead to a grant.
3.4.2. Decision-makers are also able to grant an application despite minor evidential problems (but not where specified evidence is missing entirely).
3.4.3. There is also discretion for decision-makers where evidence cannot be supplied because it is not issued in a particular country or has been permanently lost.
3.4.4. Decision-makers have general discretion to request additional information or evidence before making a decision.
PEOPLE

They do not work out the lowest payslip, etc. This is all in under paragraphs E-ECP.3.1., E-LTRP.3.1., E-ECC.2.1. and E-LTRC.2.1. of Appendix FM.
5.1.3. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application can be no greater than the annual equivalent of the person‟s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.
So if you are NOT in salaried employment, it's the 6 month income they will take, divided by 6, multiplied by 12 = salary.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:53 pm

th3 wrote:KET1: I'm saddened and sorry to hear about your case, but be calm and pray. Things always happen for a reason, work towards it positively. Don't lose against any tyrant.

Please refer to this, Annex Section FM 1.7 - Financial Evidential Flexibility:

3.4.1. There is discretion for decision-makers to defer an application pending submission of missing evidence or the correct version of it, within reasonable deadline set for this. Decision-makers will not have to defer where they do not think that correcting the error or omission will lead to a grant.
3.4.2. Decision-makers are also able to grant an application despite minor evidential problems (but not where specified evidence is missing entirely).
3.4.3. There is also discretion for decision-makers where evidence cannot be supplied because it is not issued in a particular country or has been permanently lost.
3.4.4. Decision-makers have general discretion to request additional information or evidence before making a decision.
PEOPLE

They do not work out the lowest payslip, etc. This is all in under paragraphs E-ECP.3.1., E-LTRP.3.1., E-ECC.2.1. and E-LTRC.2.1. of Appendix FM.
5.1.3. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application can be no greater than the annual equivalent of the person‟s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.
So if you are NOT in salaried employment, it's the 6 month income they will take, divided by 6, multiplied by 12 = salary.
Thank you so much ur so kind
please help me understand this
i am working 3 jobs, one is set hours set days so all payslips are £485 before tax i am paid monthly for this job, one is also set hours set days and all payslips beside one are £560 (one is 440 due to being off sik for 3 days) and this job is paid every 4 weeks not monthly. the third job is set hours but different number of days worked for all payslips are over £600 paid monthy. will this one slip affect my case where im off sick
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm

so are my two jobs salaried and the other one non salaried as that jobs payslips are different each month although i work 24 hours a week here and am paid monthly at a set hour rate, the days worked vary as in some months i could work 4 weeks and some 5 depending on number of days?

th3

Post by th3 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Ket1 wrote: Thank you so much ur so kind
i am working 3 jobs, one is set hours set days so all payslips are £485 before tax i am paid monthly for this job, one is also set hours set days and all payslips beside one are £560 (one is 440 due to being off sik for 3 days) and this job is paid every 4 weeks not monthly. the third job is set hours but different number of days worked for all payslips are over £600 paid monthy. will this one slip affect my case where im off sick
Is the first job salaried or non-salaried?

I mean, does your contract say £10 per hour, or does it say £10,000 per annum ?

If you were short on one slip or off sick, you are given leeway to leave that one out, write why, and provide one additional payslip. They will ignore that one payslip and count another in its place.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm

th3 wrote:

If you were short on one slip or off sick, you are given leeway to leave that one out, write why, and provide one additional payslip. They will ignore that one payslip and count another in its place.
i rely dont get it :( i am paid a set hour amount for all jobs but one jobs pasylips r diffrent an all th same
so i have payslips from february to august wich is 7 months shall i jus give all 7 or and get my employer to exaplin it was cuz of being off sick or just leave it? i didnt no we could leav thm out?

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 pm

th3 wrote:

u r so helpful honeslty i rely prey for u, im sory to bother u bt this is jus confusing me thats why im asking all the questions as i am goin pakistan to re apply in 2 weeks

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Ket1 wrote:
th3 wrote:

i rely dont get it :( i am paid a set hour amount for all jobs but one jobs pasylips r diffrent an all th same
so i have payslips from february to august wich is 7 months shall i jus give all 7 or and get my employer to exaplin it was cuz of being off sick or just leave it? i didnt no we could leav thm out?
First you need to work out whether you fall into Salaried or Non salaried employment.
Salaried employment includes that paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a contractual minimum number of hours to be worked.
Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount which varies according to the work undertaken.

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:41 pm

th3 wrote:

Yes u r right they do not calculate the lowest payslip even with salaried employment because It ckearly says that the gross ANNUAL salary through out the 6 months Will be calculated not the lowest Monthly salary so if you were in salaried employment the First 3 months at £15000 annum and the last 3 months u were promoted and Ur salary increased to £19000 then the ECO Will take the £15000 and reject u . It us a Annual Figure they Look at not the Monthly.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Ket1 wrote:
th3 wrote:

u r so helpful honeslty i rely prey for u, im sory to bother u bt this is jus confusing me thats why im asking all the questions as i am goin pakistan to re apply in 2 weeks
this is the link it will help you understand.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Does anyone know if Someone is on maternity they can thensShow the payslips BEFORE they started maternity?? Thats what i have read on the Apoendix Form does anyone have any understanding of this??

Mayo99

Post by Mayo99 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Hello guys does anyone have ISLAMABAD MBC OR FEDIX contect number please

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:36 pm

alil2014 - As long as your last payslip/bank statement is not older then 28days at the time of ONLINE application you will be fine. So you need 6 months of both.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:55 pm

prayforus wrote:alil2014 - As long as your last payslip/bank statement is not older then 28days at the time of ONLINE application you will be fine. So you need 6 months of both.
Thank you for your reply.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:51 pm

prayforus wrote:alil2014 - As long as your last payslip/bank statement is not older then 28days at the time of ONLINE application you will be fine. So you need 6 months of both.
Thank you for your reply.

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Do any one know how do they calculate self employment .. do they just look at the annual figure ..from hmrc..with Proof that its going in to the bank?

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:58 pm

hadz7 wrote:
Asim khan wrote:Admin of this page ..can u please put down the success ratio from pakistan..as Alot of ppl share there stories here ..
Asim khan can u chk ur inbox pls
I cant access my inbox

sami3

Post by sami3 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Asim khan can u chk ur inbox pls[/quote]

any RFC this week? I am feeling so low :( I clearly meet all the requirements.. earning over 32k a year... wife has passed her English test at first attempt..................................fell in love when we were only 16 and it took 14 years to finally be together and now this wait is killing us :( :( :( :? :? :? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Thank u eveyone for ur help i appreciate it a lot. It was only 3 days off sik so it shudnt b a problem surely they cannot reject u for a normal thng if all other payslips r fyn and i am providing more than th required amount. I have a letter from my employer confirming this and also a doctors letter. My sister has over 100 pound diferne cuz of sik days frm one of her payslips and it still got accepted so im gna leav all trust in Allah and go for it as it will be explained and honestly.