ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General Extension document and rules

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janki
Newly Registered

Tier2 General Extension document and rules

Post by janki » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:49 pm

hi

I have my tier2 general visa expiring 30 Feb2015 and need to extend it. What is ideal time to extend it? Should I apply extension in december?

1. Extension is for how many years? I dont want to apply too early to not fall into 5 years PR rules and not too late to safe side.
2. Do I need to change salary range etc?

thanks
janki

janki
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 General Extension document and rules

Post by janki » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:51 pm

also

3. I am traveling India for 2 weeks in december, shall I get is before traveling with one day services? Or can apply for CoS before going and visa once return?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier2 General Extension document and rules

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:49 am

u can not be sure that you will get the BRP before you travel even if you apply for same day. Especially in Dec due to holiday period, the BRP delivery may take longer.
You can apply for COS and go home and apply for visa on your return. you have to make sure you apply for visa within 3 months from the date of issue of the COS and before your current leave expires.
Technically cos can not be issued for 3 months before the start of the work date, so you can apply for the extension just after 3 months will be left on your tier 2. The start date on the new cos should be next date to your curent expiry of COS. (also be aware that the current expiry of your cos and expiry date on visa will be different as you are given a 14 days extra visa ) so make sure the start date on new cos is next date to current expiry of COS.