ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by repeatcell » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:50 pm

I will be soon applying for a Tier 2 General visa from India along with my wife and kids. I was wondering if there is any requirement or in any way helpful that I should first apply for my visa (main applicant) and apply for family (dependent) visa once I have the main applicant visa granted. Thank you so much.

royalrams
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by royalrams » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:33 pm

@ repeatcell,

First you can apply your visa and once your visa is granted,then after travelling to UK, you can apply for dependants.

For this you just need to have maintenance support letter from your A rated sponsor for dependants.It should be done within 28 or 30 days(not sure exact days i.e 28 or 30 days) after you landed in uk.Please check with your sponsor.

If you wish to apply later, you must maintain the funds(Read uk BA site for more details) in bank account for continuous 90 days.

I just shared my views.Please check more if is there any option you can apply for all of them at a time when you are in india.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:47 am

Thank you for your reply.
However we want to all travel together so I would appreciate if a senior member can clarify whether it is possible for me to apply for a tier 2 together with my dependents from India.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:25 am

Yes you can all apply at once. It makes it far easier especially if your Sponsor ticks the maintenance box on the COS

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:30 am

Yes you can apply together. Try request your sponsor to provide maintenance letter for all. If not then you will have to show 3 months banks statement £945 for yourself and £630 for each dependant. Hope this helps!

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Thanks Frontier Mole and North Pole. I realize that there is lot of stress on employer giving the maintenenance consent. I have around 6.5Lac Rs for past several months in my account and I hope they will be sufficient to show that we have enough funds for maintenance for the first month.

Porus

Post by Porus » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi , Currently tier 2 general and dependent visa takes minimum 15 days and for me the migrant visa took 17 days and subsequent application for dependent has crossed 7th working day as of today..If you are fairly confident that you have checked COS,matching salary matching job code and english language criteria + maintenance funds please apply all visa at once .IF you are applying from bangalore choose priority visa which will get your visa in 5 working days max..No other place in india other than blore has priority visa though.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

repeatcell wrote: I realize that there is lot of stress on employer giving the maintenenance consent.

certifying maintenance is just ticking a box on the online form - check with the sponsor, may be they have done it. If they have you don't need to show any maintenance funds and if you apply together with your dependants neither will they.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:47 am

manci wrote:
repeatcell wrote: I realize that there is lot of stress on employer giving the maintenenance consent.

certifying maintenance is just ticking a box on the online form - check with the sponsor, may be they have done it. If they have you don't need to show any maintenance funds and if you apply together with your dependants neither will they.
Thank you Manci.
I do not think they would have ticked it since they asked me first to send them the PDF of the PBS points calculation before they apply for my CoS and in that form I mentioned that I have enough funds.

On another note the employer HR only contacted me once to get that PBS calculation and claim to have applied for my COS this month. Is this normal? Is that the only information they need to apply for my cos? Has anyone heard about their restricted cos granted this month?

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:51 am

Porus wrote:Hi , Currently tier 2 general and dependent visa takes minimum 15 days and for me the migrant visa took 17 days and subsequent application for dependent has crossed 7th working day as of today..If you are fairly confident that you have checked COS,matching salary matching job code and english language criteria + maintenance funds please apply all visa at once .IF you are applying from bangalore choose priority visa which will get your visa in 5 working days max..No other place in india other than blore has priority visa though.
Thanks Porus.
Could I pl elaborate what exactly do you mean by "checked cos matching salary matching job code". My HR has not conveyed any of these to me as of now. They have applied for a restricted cos for the job this month.
One disadvantage of applying together would be that if for some reasonmy visa is rejected, my dependent's visa will also be rejected which will be too expensive. so I guess applying seperately might help.

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Since on the visa4uk website every application (for main applicant and for dependents) is filled seperately- how is it then possible to schedule an appointment at the same day and time for everyone of us?
Thank you in advance

Porus

Post by Porus » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:32 pm

For each application when you make the payment you will have appointment option which will show days and timeslots. By experience in VFS Delhi, I can tell you if you choose 2 days in advance time slot , the time slot will be available for some time and you can book your subsequent appointments . Its purely based on the number of bookings on that city and on that day.. In my case I submitted all applications (migrant +2 dependant) at the same day and even managed to book for the same timeslot (2 days in advance ) for 3 applications. Unfortunately VFS staff hinted about rejection of main visa will waste my dependent application fees and I updated the dependent appointments alone 5 days from then and took back my depedent applications.I kept on changing appointment slots for 2 dependent applications for the next day as the migrant visa was not granted until 17th working day. As I received the mail to collect passport after noon on 17th day, the next day slot I got was morning 11:45 am for one application and 3 pm for next application and the security allowed us at 11.45 itself for both application as they have exception in rules for kids/ladies (depedents ).

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks Porus.
Did you then mention YES in the column "if your family is travelling with you" even though they did not go for visa interview together with you?

I am planning to travel along with my family and could you please let me know what are the main things to consider on the sponsor page that can result in visa rejection? I have only COS number from my employer. What should I have in addition from them to avoid any mistakes?
Thanks so much.

Porus

Post by Porus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Yes I said travelling together . But migrant visa came so late and dependent application was submitted knowing well that the preferred date of travel for all will not work out . Migrant went to uk and joined work and dependents waiting for visa stamping.9th working day passed as of today.For complete list of documents check list for tier 2 gen migrant and dependents please search this site and you will get documents. For migrant application which was granted ,We submitted COS print out (maintenance tick included) ,Appointment letter ,english language test score + some additional supporting documents . One thing to check for you is if the salary offered is above or equal to the SOC job code minimum salary (employee should have done this while offering COS)and your appointment letter also has same job title and salary as mentioned in COS. If tick in maintenance not there then you should provide 3 months bank statement ( 945 pounds) generated not earlier than 1 month before the biometric appointment. Plus bank manager letter (letter head +sign +stamp) stating you have that minimum balance through last 90 days.

For dependents earlier manci (guru) has said tick is enough in COS but I suspect you need bank statement + letter (as stated above).IF you have a seperate maintenance letter from sponsor for your dependents then you dont need to show bank statements .

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you so much for your detailed reply.