ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application on Hold SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrjsg

Application on Hold SET(O)

Post by mrjsg » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi,

I went to same day with my wife for ILR SET(O) and they put application on hold to due to dependant English requirement.
I've submitted NARIC letter of comparability with original master degree and letter from university to confirm medium of English but I also submitted expired IELTS result of her passed in 2009.

Case worker said they can't get verification from IELTS on phone, so sent them an email for confirmation. She said Home office can't confirm uni letter and wait for IELTS confirmation email. She also said my (main applicant) is valid.

Anyone has same experience ? Will they refuse depantant application or ask for new IELTS exam?

Please advise?

mrjsg

Re: Application on Hold SET(O)

Post by mrjsg » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Senior members please help?

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:26 pm

That is extremely strange and sounds really wrong to me. After naric statement , Uni letter and degree certificate they have still put your application on hold ?
In any case an expired IELTS will suffice on its own.
They can't reject on this ground at all.
You should definitely be fine. I think very soon you should hear from them. But it seems wrong to be in this situation in the first place. We'll wait and see what the senior members feel about this...

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:58 am

Could I know which PEO centre you had been too?

mrjsg

Post by mrjsg » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks for reply. It was Glasgow. Case worker told me to wait for 2 days.

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 pm

I think you have created confusion for case worker by providing 2 proofs where only 1 was required. UK Naric + University Letter + Degree was enough to prove English language requirement.
Hopefully your spouse will get the ILR. Do update the outcome here.
All the best.

mrjsg

Post by mrjsg » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Case worker gave me PEO number. Should I contact her to know the update or asked her to consider NARIC and Uni Letter proofs?
Or Is that better to wait for update?

Amber please advise?

mrjsg

Post by mrjsg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 am

Finally Got my approval yesterday and wife's application is on hold because now need to give IELTS exam.

I called my case worker yesterday and she was very friendly and helpful. I told her that I confused you with 2 proofs of my wife english please ignore expired IELTS and consider Original degree certificate, NARIC statement of comparability with letter from uni. But she said we don't consider uni letter and checked her degree in point base calculator, where she did not get 10 points for her master degree.

Then I told her that is that possible if she approve my visa today (bec I paid 800 extra for same day result). She put me on hold and spoke to her senior. She called me back with 2 options, first I can get English Assessment from NARIC and second go for new IELTS, also she will approve my today. I don't want to argue with her. So I went to PEO and got my approval and she also gave me back my wife passport for exam booking and put her application on hold for 28 days. Now today I booked her IELTS exam. But case worker still waiting for my wife's expired IELTS verification, if she will get it then she can go ahead otherwise we need to post new result.

End of story is that I submitted wrong document for my wife English, I gave NARIC Statement of comparability instead of NARIC english assessment.

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:39 am

Hi
Congratulations for your ILR.
If you read the website: https://www.gov.uk/english-language

You can prove it by having either:

-an English qualification at B1 level
-a degree taught or researched in English
Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

If you see my thread where you just commented that NARIC English Language Assessment will give you certificate for (CEFR level C1) level, where as B1 level is required to proof English.

By the way, why your spouse is not taking English (CEFR level B1) test?? It is only 10, 15 min test (speaking and Listening) and can be done in few days.

mrjsg

Post by mrjsg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 pm

I don't know about (CEFR level B1) test and also don't want to take any more hassle. She already had 8 band in IELTS and will get required very easily.

Also I read that https://www.gov.uk/english-language 100 times and trying to show case worker but they only follow their instructions, I think depends upon caseworker experience. Caseworker checked on Point Based Calculator two times when talking to me.