ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RustyNail
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by RustyNail » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Eligibility criteria: (section 1(3))
Method of application: NCS London
Date of NCS appointment: 05/05/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA:07/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: Cannot recall
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Cannot recall
Date of receipt of approval: 04/09/2014
Date of receipt of documents: 04/09/2014
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

Hi all

I have received the application successful confirmation after 4 months now and am just waiting for the citizenship certificate which may already have arrived when I get home and check the post.

However, I've tried to book a fast track passport appointment (https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently) for first child passport and have been given the shocking information that they require the British passport numbers of the child's parents for the application to be processed. I explained that the parents were not British but the child was British as she had just been registered as a British citizen and had a citizenship certificate. They booked the appointment but were not able to provide more information and asked to contact ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk to get the relevant guidance.

I spoke to another agent on the fast track appointment line and she said the mother needed to be British for the child to get a passport.

This just seems wrong to me as they seem to be stating that the child who is now a British citizen has no entitlement to a British passport because the parents are not British. If this really is true (which I don't believe it is), I have the below questions:

1. What use is the citizenship certificate I have obtained for the child using MN1 form?
2. If the child has to travel abroad, they'll need to get the passport of another country. That cannot be right?
3. If the child travels abroad, what should be expected on the child's return as the child would be travelling on a foreign (Pakistani) passport and will not have a UK visa but will have the citizenship certificate as evidence of being British citizen. Will this be accepted at the immigration desk at the airport?

It has also just occurred to may that maybe this requirement of parents also being British only applies to fast track application but I cannot say for sure until I get an answer from UKBA nationality enquiries.

I believe this issue would relate to all of us as we are all going through this hassle of MN1 to get British passports for the children. Hopefully someone will be able to share some useful information on this.

Arya1
Newly Registered

Post by Arya1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:44 pm

@Rustynail..your post made me a bit nervous, as I am going to apply for my daughter's first passport via fast track route after receiving her registration certificate today.

However, I found some useful information from past on this forum at below link. I hope this information is still true..I don't want any surprises from Passport office when I go for my Fast track appointment.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 54924.html

However, I would still wait for some expert advise...

Vikash
Newly Registered

Post by Vikash » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:29 pm

@rusty This is shocking. We are eagerly awaiting updates from you.

ash1111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ash1111 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:48 am

Dear Rustynail (real rusty :) lol

This isn't true what you have been quoted and understood, I applied my sibling passport day before yesterday through fast track and none of the parents are british citizen, the help line for appointment don't know much about it. When i booked they said concerened department will give you a ring, which they did and said as long as baby got naturlisation certificate its ok. The experience at the passport office was brilliant he kept the naturlisation certificate and birth certificate (will return through post later). My nail aren't rusty its clean and I hope and pray your will be very soon as well.

Take care and best of luck.

RustyNail wrote:Eligibility criteria: (section 1(3))
Method of application: NCS London
Date of NCS appointment: 05/05/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA:07/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: Cannot recall
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Cannot recall
Date of receipt of approval: 04/09/2014
Date of receipt of documents: 04/09/2014
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

Hi all

I have received the application successful confirmation after 4 months now and am just waiting for the citizenship certificate which may already have arrived when I get home and check the post.

However, I've tried to book a fast track passport appointment (https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently) for first child passport and have been given the shocking information that they require the British passport numbers of the child's parents for the application to be processed. I explained that the parents were not British but the child was British as she had just been registered as a British citizen and had a citizenship certificate. They booked the appointment but were not able to provide more information and asked to contact ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk to get the relevant guidance.

I spoke to another agent on the fast track appointment line and she said the mother needed to be British for the child to get a passport.

This just seems wrong to me as they seem to be stating that the child who is now a British citizen has no entitlement to a British passport because the parents are not British. If this really is true (which I don't believe it is), I have the below questions:

1. What use is the citizenship certificate I have obtained for the child using MN1 form?
2. If the child has to travel abroad, they'll need to get the passport of another country. That cannot be right?
3. If the child travels abroad, what should be expected on the child's return as the child would be travelling on a foreign (Pakistani) passport and will not have a UK visa but will have the citizenship certificate as evidence of being British citizen. Will this be accepted at the immigration desk at the airport?

It has also just occurred to may that maybe this requirement of parents also being British only applies to fast track application but I cannot say for sure until I get an answer from UKBA nationality enquiries.

I believe this issue would relate to all of us as we are all going through this hassle of MN1 to get British passports for the children. Hopefully someone will be able to share some useful information on this.

sunnysomerset

Post by sunnysomerset » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:47 am

Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS - London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council - 24/04/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/04/14
Date of debit of fees: 30/04/14
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 30/04/14
Date of receipt of approval: Not provided
Date of receipt of documents: N/A (NCS)
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 04/09/2014

A ridiculous 4.5month wait for a straightforward case! Home Office is as useless as ever! A trained monkey could look at the vast majority of cases and make the "Yes/No" decision required and yet it takes these retards several months. /rant

rasheedabdul786

Post by rasheedabdul786 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: Postal
Date of Application:12/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 17/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/05/2014

Date of receipt of approval: Waiting...... :roll: :
Date of receipt of documents: Waiting...... :roll:
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting...... :roll:[/quote]

rohin123
Newly Registered

Post by rohin123 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Method of application: NCS Islington
Date of Application: 06/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 12/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/05/2014

Date of receipt of approval: Waiting......
Date of receipt of documents: Waiting....
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting....

A lot of people with similar dates as mine recd the certificate last week. I am desperately waiting for the last 4 months but nothing yet. Anyone who applied around the same time who is still waiting ?

ysabedin
Newly Registered

Post by ysabedin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:25 pm

I applied for my 5 years old daughter and 4 years old son

Method of application: NCS Bath and North East Somerset Council
Date of Application: 01/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 08/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 13/07/2014 dated 08/07/2014

Date of receipt of approval: Waiting......
Date of receipt of documents: Waiting....

Its almost 11 Weeks now but didn't hear anything from HO after acknowledgement. Did anyone get approval applied nearby dates?

pk14
Newly Registered

Post by pk14 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:45 pm

[quote="pk14"]Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 7 May 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 16 May 2014
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 09 Sep 2014

Recevied the certificate today. Thank you all in this post. It was really helpful to understand the status of each of us. Wish you all the best to all who are awaiting.

binay
Newly Registered

Post by binay » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:41 pm

I applied for my 2 children 2.9 years and 1.5 years old

Method of application: Post
Date of Application: 27/04/2014
Date of debit of fees: can't remember
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 07/05/2014

Date of receipt of approval: 09/09/2014 dated 05/09/2014
Date of receipt of documents: 09/09/2014

I called them twice during process and both times a polite reply 'Your application is still under consideration and will take upto 6 months'. The last time I called them was on 04/09/2014 so I am not sure if its a coincidence or they pushed the application forward because it got approved the very next day.

Thanks everyone

sOuLs33k3r
Newly Registered

Post by sOuLs33k3r » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 pm

I don't see why people are being frustrated about the process. Yes i understand we all want to know how far along is our case but when they have said that it CAN take up to 6 months depending upon the case then why not just wait. We all should expect the case to be decided within the 6 months and the number that we are calling to confirm the status will not be able to tell you ANYTHING except to wait.

The can only help or find out the status once our application is past 6 month.

Good luck to you all because i'm in the same boat as everyone else

kkm1609
Newly Registered

Post by kkm1609 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:52 am

Hello friends..
I found this forum very interesting as someone rightly said it gives us all an idea of the stage of our applications..

Date of Application:14/05/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 19/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 01/08/2014

Please note that i had to call Home Office to get the acknowledgement letter..
Date of receipt of approval: 11/09/14
Date of receipt of documents: 11/09/14
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting......

Based on Tsiya information on page 43...Im hopeful I should receive mine too very soon.. mathematically 2 weeks after 19th of Aug.
I know each cases are dealt differently..but this is taking a ridiculous amount of time!! I think they are really short of staff to deal with the scale of applications they receive on a daily basis...!!!
Because Tsiya submitted his/her application on 01st of May and she/he received the certificate on 19th of Aug!!
Lets be hopeful friends..

Hello friends please do not be disappointed you will receive yours too sooner or later ,as if you can read my post above. I was spot on when i wrote the above post on the 03rd of sept and rightly caculated my documents will be due some times in first week of sept mathematically 2 weeks after 19th of Aug...well its been slightly few days more.
What ive noticed via this very helpful forum..it is taking approx 4 to 4 1/2 months for them to process any applications. So kindly be patient my friends and good luck to everyone.
Now Im waiting for my certificates to arrive.

praveendsouza85
Newly Registered

Post by praveendsouza85 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Method of application: NCS Hatfield
Date of Application:07/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 10/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15/05/2014
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 11/09/2014

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Guys needs ur help:
I have applied for my kids MN1 in july but still under process and I need to go back home at the end of this month I dont think so I will get it......can I apply for my kids Indefinite on same day while MN1 is under process ......

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I have got my documents and certificate on 02/09/2014. Thanks for all your support, now I need to apply for passport and do I have sent my Biometric card and passport along with my child's naturalisation certificate?

Arya1
Newly Registered

Post by Arya1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:19 am

@ baba_baba, I have applied for my daughter (9 mnths old) first passport via Fast track services yesterday 11th Sept; all they have asked me is

- Completed application form
- Child's registration certificate
- Child's birth ceritificate (long form, which has both the parents's details)
- Child's two identical photographs (one signed by the countersignatory)
- and £90 fees (including secure delivery of documents)

It took 20mns from the time I walked in to the Passport office to complete the submission.

The agent on the other side of the window cross verified the details on application form with details on birth and registration certificate and returned all documents except registration certificate and then asked me to pay the fees. At the fee counter lady told me that I should have the passport within a weeks time.

***Note - Ensure parent details provided in Section (4) of the passport form should exactly match with details listed on the baby's birth certificate to avoid any further questioning.

Hope this helps..

bilmalik
Newly Registered

Post by bilmalik » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:02 am

Application Timeline
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/04/2014
Date of debit of fees: 23/04/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18/04/2014
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of receipt of documents: ( we asked them to return documents (as i needed to show the original on a new job. requested on 12/06/2014 and received on 16/06/2014 with a cover letter from UKBA mentioning that if the application is approved, a certificate will be issued bearing child name, dob and place of birth)

Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting

I got my ILR in July 2013, I didn't instantly applied BC registration for my child as we didn't see the need to travel abroad,this year we had planned to go home for a month so did apply for his BC registration certificate in April, looking at the MN1 processing times it looked it will take roughly 2&Half to 3 Months but its taken more than that as still waiting for the documents, would i be able to apply for my child's passport from outside UK given if i receive the certificate sooner or will i require the ILR arranged for him?
Called UKBA and they said its under process, we should wait until 6 months pass.
any help will be much appreciated.

rohin123
Newly Registered

Post by rohin123 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Arya1 wrote:@ baba_baba, I have applied for my daughter (9 mnths old) first passport via Fast track services yesterday 11th Sept; all they have asked me is

- Completed application form
- Child's registration certificate
- Child's birth ceritificate (long form, which has both the parents's details)
- Child's two identical photographs (one signed by the countersignatory)
- and £90 fees (including secure delivery of documents)

It took 20mns from the time I walked in to the Passport office to complete the submission.

The agent on the other side of the window cross verified the details on application form with details on birth and registration certificate and returned all documents except registration certificate and then asked me to pay the fees. At the fee counter lady told me that I should have the passport within a weeks time.

***Note - Ensure parent details provided in Section (4) of the passport form should exactly match with details listed on the baby's birth certificate to avoid any further questioning.

Hope this helps..

Hi Arya1, It would be good to know how long the fast track takes. We urgently need to travel and hoping it takes less than the maximum 7 days that they promise.

Shaz_waraich
Newly Registered

Post by Shaz_waraich » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:41 am

Method of application: Wokingham Council
Date of Application:05/06/2014
Date of debit of fees: 12/06/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18/06/2014
Date of receipt of registration certificate: waiting

saeumair

Post by saeumair » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 am

Any Luck with anyone getting Naturlization for kids back ??

Its been 9 weeks for me

Hi

Just like to get some idea of the time scales of my child registration's or naturalisation

I will put my details of submission of the naturalisation:

Got ILR for me and my wife on 12th June
Child born : 7th June
Submitted application for child on 28th June
Money taken out of account on 8th JUne
Council name if NCS used: Edinburgh Council

I have received the letter from UKBA to say its under progress and thats it

Any ideas why its taking so long ?

thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 am

Current processing time is about 4 months so relax and you'll hear something from them in few months

saeumair

Post by saeumair » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am

thanks

Do you know is it four months from submitting or four months from when money was taken out by UKBA?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:13 am

from date of application.
4 months is about average it takes for the cases so it might be early, might take longer. MN applications are usually straight forward so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.
Delay is caused due to passport applications backlog which is now coming back to normal so fingers crossed.

saeumair

Post by saeumair » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am

yea I know, a bit anxious as need to travel
thanks

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

ik_aam_insaan wrote:Eligibility criteria: section 1(3) 
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17-04-14
Date of debit of fees:  02-05-14
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 
Date of receipt of approval: 13-09-14
Date of receipt of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 
Finally got the certificate it took 5 months in total...
Now for the passport...
Documents sent 2 birth certificates,marriage certificate, andcopy of brp and passport.