ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shez1330

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shez1330 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 am

aprboom wrote:
shez1330 wrote:Dear All Members

Hope anyone can help me. we have applied on 29/4/14 and today we have rung home office and was told that they are working on the same date as we applied but our application is pending.

aprboom (member ) applied same time as us and got reply 9/9/14.

We are getting bit impatient now is anyone else in same situation.

Is there any steps we can take to speed up matter.

Regards

Hello there,

To be honest there is not a lot you can do at the minute but to wait. For your satisfaction you have already phoned HO and they will always use this well tired word 'pending'. You may have
Noticed that since 22nd Of August the approvals pace has really died down albeit on the google drive. There are members below and above you that had their biometrics done well before us. HO can take up to 6 months to make a decision so they are well within their rights. I can imagine your frustration however, have faith in God and you'll soon hear a good news. We are all praying for you. Good luck!
You are right its just waiting game thanks for your wishes.

thanks
Shez

skywatcher
Newly Registered

Post by skywatcher » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:48 am

[quote="shahjee1234"][quote="skywatcher"]

thanks shahjee for your detailed reply, i am amaze how HO can do that , what will you say about other people in this blog , their depent got indefinite like gondal brother and one more i hav eread in this discussion , have they applied before april.
one more thing my lawyer asue me that he can do indefnite of my dependt on same ground is it possible ,
just need urs views because this lawyers use to research work and ref and ofcourse charge more as well :(

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:01 am

skywatcher wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
skywatcher wrote:
thanks shahjee for your detailed reply, i am amaze how HO can do that , what will you say about other people in this blog , their depent got indefinite like gondal brother and one more i hav eread in this discussion , have they applied before april.
one more thing my lawyer asue me that he can do indefnite of my dependt on same ground is it possible ,
just need urs views because this lawyers use to research work and ref and ofcourse charge more as well :(
Hi skywatcher

shahjee is absolutely right.gondal and all other person whose wife got ILR applied before 6th of April 2014.My wife also got ILR but she applied before 6th of April.
Offcourse this new rule is unjust for dependent of ILR long residence.Hope somebody can challenge it in court

Best of wishes to all of those who are waiting

Regards

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 am

Has any one applied ILR (LR) in the mind of August received their Biomt invitation?

I applied on 22 Aug 2014, just received acknowledgement but not yet biometrics invitation.

Please update here or on Google drive

the last person who received biometrics invitation was jj applied 13 Aug, either after that either no one bother to update it or might havnt received biometrics invitation.
N/A

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:23 am

mizanbg wrote:Hi Shajee,

I have noticed that you have reply this before, but to be more clear please don't be offended if you reply my queries again.

I have recently applied ILR on the basis of long residency and still waiting for the outcome. I hope to receive the positive decision by January 2015. However, as I was in Tier 1, my wife's dependent visa is still valid until Feb 2016. I know it is ideal to switch her visa as FLR (M) dependent as soon as my one is sorted. However, she will complete her own 10 years in July 2015, so it is a matter of six months or so. I don't want to spend this extra 1000 pounds or so just to swithch on FLR(M) as she will be eligible to apply on her own in July 2015. she has no plan to travel abroad either. So, would I be safe to wait for her own right or should I change her visa to FLR(M). I know this is gray area but the expert advice is always precious. I have two kids born here, so I can make there naturlisation application once my one is sorted, finger corssed! Please advice. Thank you for your help.
Hi mizanbg,
That is not a problem you can ask a question as many times as you like, I am here to give you the answer to the best of my ability.
Regards to your case, as you mentioned that you might get the good news about your ILR decision in January 2015, and your Mrs time for ILR on long residency will be up by July 2015, a difference of at least 6 months. Now as you mentioned it is a gray area, and when rules are like this than you apply logic. logic will dictate that she should covert her status from dependent of Tier1 to dependent of a settled person in a reasonable time. Well now the question is what is a reasonable time ? There is this unwritten rule that most of the em embers follow and discuss and that is of 28 days, I have certainly not read it any where, so I would presume it is a self created rule. What could be a reasonable time ? If you ask me I would say 6 months will be too much of a risk, especially when she is so close to her ILR. I would suggest to go for the FLR(M) and play safe. Off course the other way could have been if you would have delayed your SET(LR) application for another 5-6 months but than any ways you have applied already so that is not possible now. But my brotherly advise will be to extend her visa to that of FLR(M). I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:12 pm

NasirNNN wrote:
Hi skywatcher

shahjee is absolutely right.gondal and all other person whose wife got ILR applied before 6th of April 2014.My wife also got ILR but she applied before 6th of April.
Offcourse this new rule is unjust for dependent of ILR long residence.Hope somebody can challenge it in court

Best of wishes to all of those who are waiting

Regards
Hi Nasir Bahi,
Many thanks for the clarification to skywatcher, don't know why these Solicitors still mislead people that they can get dependents of LR a straight ILR or even a visa under the old rules ? Frankly find it absolutely ridiculous, hopefully they get done for this, for these Solicitors money is what matters nothing else.
Skywatcher......now is your time to watch out for solicitors like these.
Kind regards
Shahjee

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:42 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi Nasir Bahi,
Many thanks for the clarification to skywatcher, don't know why these Solicitors still mislead people that they can get dependents of LR a straight ILR or even a visa under the old rules ? Frankly find it absolutely ridiculous, hopefully they get done for this, for these Solicitors money is what matters nothing else.
Skywatcher......now is your time to watch out for solicitors like these.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shahjee one of my friend who recently got his ILR(LR) whose wife is here for more than 6 years went to solicitor and solicitor told him as her wife is here for more than 6 years so old rules apply to her and he even said she might get ILR directly by filling SET?(M) form even to skip FLR(M).i told my friend that rules has changed but he also think that her wife is here for long time so she must get ILR so i asked him to apply by PEO then so u get quick reply and clear idea what u need to do as i don't want to force him i can understand how much injustice it is but he is trying to waste more money.
These solicitors must be banned they are clueless what they are talking about just making people fools they need money and they are playing with peoples emotions only thing they can do is talking and it's rubbish 110 times out of 100.These people make my BP boiling.
Anyway best of luck all of those who are waiting.

Regards

skywatcher
Newly Registered

Post by skywatcher » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:44 pm

really i am so much thankful all of you specially shahjee,
i have got valuable suggestion from here.
i will update my depent situation as soon i will do any thing

thanks again you all

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:49 pm

skywatcher wrote:really i am so much thankful all of you specially shahjee,
i have got valuable suggestion from here.
i will update my depent situation as soon i will do any thing

thanks again you all
Hi Skywatcher,
My prayers and best wishes be with you mate.
Thanks again to Nasir bahi for his valuable contribution.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

kenandemir
Newly Registered

Post by kenandemir » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi Shahjee,

I sent PAP letter 5/6/2014 (14 weeks) ago no news at all any idea how long do i have to wait for response or what is the maximum time limit ?

Regards
Kenan

kenandemir
Newly Registered

Post by kenandemir » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi everyone,

does anyone knows?? I sent my PAP (pre action protocol letter) 5/6/2014 (14 weeks) ago no news at all any idea how long do i have to wait for response or what is the maximum time limit ?

Regards
Kenan

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi
I am submitting my ILR application on Saturday. I have attached a set of photocopy of everything except the application form. My question is do you recommend to provide photocopy of the application form too?

usman.tariq
Newly Registered

Post by usman.tariq » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Salam Shahjee and Shahkakaram

Thanks a lot for your brilliant and thoughtful input. Shahkakaram brother, yeh, I like to prepare and plan things well in advance so there isn't any chance of any surprise but you are right, UKBA can surprise anyone.

Shahjee, the reason for not applying under tier 1 is the fact that I had to show 50-55k income for my tier 1 visas, which I was able to show at that time but now the job is different and I have been made redundant and I can't fulfil the income threshold. I was advised that the best bet then is to apply under 10 year rule. I am under the impression that if I go for Tier 1 route for ILR then I still have to show the same income threshold. Let me know if this is correct or incorrect because I don't have to then I can do through this route as I can easily show the income around 30K.

Hope it makes sense

edtz3
Newly Registered

Post by edtz3 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:31 pm

I'm a silent reader of this forum and I wanted to share my good news. I applied on 21/05/2014 and early today I received my INDEFINITELY LEAVE TO REMAIN BIOMETRIC CARD WHICH was issued on 9th September 2014. It bit odd as I expected to receive the documents first but hay thanks to God and I received BRP first so finger crossed to receive the documents soon. Goodluck to everyone. My stutus was Student + PSW+ STUDENT + WORK PERMIT.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:45 pm

edtz3 wrote:I'm a silent reader of this forum and I wanted to share my good news. I applied on 21/05/2014 and early today I received my INDEFINITELY LEAVE TO REMAIN BIOMETRIC CARD WHICH was issued on 9th September 2014. It bit odd as I expected to receive the documents first but hay thanks to God and I received BRP first so finger crossed to receive the documents soon. Goodluck to everyone. My stutus was Student + PSW+ STUDENT + WORK PERMIT.

@ edtz3 ,

Heartiest Congratulation !!
Fabulous victory , Wish you good luck for your future ,
Thanks for sharing this good news with us , almost 16 weeks not bad :P

Regards ,
S.Akaram

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:59 pm

I applied on 16 Aug and received Acknowledgment letter after two weeks. Till today, i have not received the Bio metric letter.

Today received email from Home Office that my payment has been processed (which was actually taken out of my account on 19th Aug) and my application is being considered. Has anyone received this kind of email.. Please let me know..

Why are they taking too long to send the Biometric letter. Is there any change in their process that they are now sending emails that the Application has been received or being considered.
ZR

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:21 am

ajek01 wrote:Hi
I am submitting my ILR application on Saturday. I have attached a set of photocopy of everything except the application form. My question is do you recommend to provide photocopy of the application form too?
No

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:23 am

zzzindagi wrote:I applied on 16 Aug and received Acknowledgment letter after two weeks. Till today, i have not received the Bio metric letter.

Today received email from Home Office that my payment has been processed (which was actually taken out of my account on 19th Aug) and my application is being considered. Has anyone received this kind of email.. Please let me know..

Why are they taking too long to send the Biometric letter. Is there any change in their process that they are now sending emails that the Application has been received or being considered.
They did say they are taking email addresses now to confirm application status but that's the first I've heard of someone getting an email update... well good for you!

btw would you like to share your history.... anything that in your mind makes your case unique?

faddy
Newly Registered

Post by faddy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:50 am

hey all and shah g thanks for your kind reply

Yeah it was an error applying time was 29-08-2014
got acknowledgement letter on 09-09-2014 dated 02-09-14

And yeah applying for tier 5 was a task but now Alhamdoulliah its all sorted.

Lets see when the bio-metrics letter arrives.

Thanks Faddy

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:03 am

@cool mind
Regarding your pm I have answer below.
Cool mind: Should I leave blank address on return prepaid envelope or write present address as you may change address after application?

Answer: Simply leave it blank with the common sense that if you not attaching return envelope then they have to write your address (new/old) themselves on their envelope. Secondly they have to write address on that blank address space otherwise postman will not scan and accept it from caseworker so they have to write address themselves. If you move or not move address just leave address blank same like leaving blank "from" address space on envelope because the caseworker may dispatch it from Durham/Liverpool /croydon. In this matter they will never do mistake. Moreover, if change address then buy royal mail redirection which will not affect your post too even you change and update new address with them. For change of address just send signed writing letter which has more power and they will change it. In that letter you can tell them that reference number envelope kindly be used to send at new address. Other members comment on my writing if it is not right.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:21 am

edtz3 wrote:I'm a silent reader of this forum and I wanted to share my good news. I applied on 21/05/2014 and early today I received my INDEFINITELY LEAVE TO REMAIN BIOMETRIC CARD WHICH was issued on 9th September 2014. It bit odd as I expected to receive the documents first but hay thanks to God and I received BRP first so finger crossed to receive the documents soon. Goodluck to everyone. My stutus was Student + PSW+ STUDENT + WORK PERMIT.
Wow! So really happy for you. Congrats!
SSo many of us who applied end of April and beginning of May still waiting.
You are one lucky dude!
V

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:47 am

Even I received an email from UKVI 2-3 days back confirming that they have received my application and the payment is processed.

Still waiting for my biometric invitation letter.
fielddrive wrote:
zzzindagi wrote:I applied on 16 Aug and received Acknowledgment letter after two weeks. Till today, i have not received the Bio metric letter.

They did say they are taking email addresses now to confirm application status but that's the first I've heard of someone getting an email update... well good for you!

btw would you like to share your history.... anything that in your mind makes your case unique?

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:48 am

I see.. that's quite interesting to know. I'll let you guys know if I get an email from them

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 am

fielddrive wrote:

Hi all ,
Good to hear that atleast they started emailing .
I wish ukba start accepting SET(LR) application online ... It's easier . Time saving and environment friendly as well like they did tier 4 ..
They should stop sending paper base bio invitations...now a days every buddy is using email so they should give an option to recieve bio metric invitation online or paper base :P ?

Sometimes home office send a feed back form to the successful candidate to give them a feed back as a customer point of view ... If by any chance any lucky member of this forum got it so should highlight these point that do all process online much easier and quicker like they doing for Tier 4 now days ..

Online process is actually environmental friendly , quick and easier for both parties to deal with ... They should introduce all process online or probably they don't want to take risks of fraud involved in it .. Could be possible
Best of luck every one ..
Regards
S.Akaram
Last edited by Shahkakaram on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:36 am

They have started online applications for Tier 2 now