ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Min Salary For Tier 2 General dependent(during cooling off)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Porus

Min Salary For Tier 2 General dependent(during cooling off)

Post by Porus » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:47 am

Hi Experts,
I was on Tier 2 ICT short term migrant and currently in cooling off period in India and working with the same employer. My Partner is having Tier 2 General visa and working in UK. My company is reluctant to offer me Tier 2 ICT (long term) visa as they have to pay 40,600 GBP per year for me. If I am on Tier 2 General dependent visa , will my company need to pay same salary 40,600 GBP to employ me there in UK as I am still in cooling off period for Tier 2 visa. Please help as I need to approach my managers for onsite opportunity if there is no minimum salary constraint else resign and find jobs in UK.

North Pole

Re: Min Salary For Tier 2 General dependent(during cooling o

Post by North Pole » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:12 pm

No, I don't think so. Once you become a PBS dependant visa holder you are allowed to work for any employer. You can take a job with your same employer if they willing to give you a transfer/on-site. Any tie-ups is between you and your employer and it's not necessary that they have to pay you £40k under dependant visa. Hope this helps!

Porus

Post by Porus » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi North_Pole,
Thanks for the info. Can you please let me know where I can see this info as I just spoke to my manager and he insists that company has to pay same 40 + salary threshold for TIer 2 ICT long term as I am in cooling off period. Before I ask him to check with HR ,I thought I can give any link/uk guidelines on this . Please help and thanks again for your quick response on my earlier query.

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Download Dependant guidance form
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

Point 37 Condition of Stay. You cannot take employment as a doctor or professional sportsperson. Other than this no restriction for working to any employer.

I guess your company is confused with terms dependant visa and ICT visa. You are going to apply for dependant to your partner, in other words family member visa and you don't have to have salary criteria for getting a job transfer.

You can even resign your job there and once you get your dependant visa sorted you could ask your employer in UK to give a new offer letter here. That's why I specified get a transfer from that office to UK office. Hope this helps!