ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Al Haqq

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Ems1927 wrote:Hi all

Just wanted to update about court today. Firstly the home office and judge both agreed that our daughter was a British citizen regardless of whether she had a passport or not, so they said that was a mistake which was good.. However the judge wasn't convinced that it'd be impossible for us to move back to America.. She said obviously compared to other countries it's easier to move to and that our daughters health issues were temporary and wouldn't necessarily occur if we were told to move back. She has asked for some additional things regarding how difficult it'd be for me to gain re entry into America and will be on holiday for a while so won't get a response for a good few weeks.
The court room itself was a bit like a classroom. It was relaxed, nobody buy myself, my husband, our solicitor and the judge/home office rep were there.. Both the rep and judge were very nice. If anyone has any questions feel free. Thanks everyone!
@Ems1927Congarts in advance, I hope it all ends well for you.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:06 pm

THANK YOU everyone in the forum and to those who have left. I finally received my BRP card, although it was sent to a lawyer that I am not using anymore.

Once thanks all and good luck to others waiting.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Al Haqq wrote:THANK YOU everyone in the forum and to those who have left. I finally received my BRP card, although it was sent to a lawyer that I am not using anymore.

Wow!!! Al Haqq I am absolutely chuffed! Congratulations sir! You fought long and hard, lost the battle and finally won the war!!! All the best with the future ahead.

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Al Haqq wrote:THANK YOU everyone in the forum and to those who have left. I finally received my BRP card, although it was sent to a lawyer that I am not using anymore.

Wow. Am so pleased for your family . God's will prevailed at the end. Enjoy your freedom. :D

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Alhaq congrats all the best for the future - thanks for all your support and info!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

subtlegirl

Post by subtlegirl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:54 pm

Ems1927 wrote:Hi all

Just wanted to update about court today. Firstly the home office and judge both agreed that our daughter was a British citizen regardless of whether she had a passport or not, so they said that was a mistake which was good.. However the judge wasn't convinced that it'd be impossible for us to move back to America.. She said obviously compared to other countries it's easier to move to and that our daughters health issues were temporary and wouldn't necessarily occur if we were told to move back. She has asked for some additional things regarding how difficult it'd be for me to gain re entry into America and will be on holiday for a while so won't get a response for a good few weeks.
The court room itself was a bit like a classroom. It was relaxed, nobody buy myself, my husband, our solicitor and the judge/home office rep were there.. Both the rep and judge were very nice. If anyone has any questions feel free. Thanks everyone!
I'm happy it's all good news regarding your daughter. My cousin is circumstances is slightly different. She was born before 2006 and her parents are not married. Apologies for the wrong advice.

I would think using the zambrano case laws should help you in that as a british citizen your child has rights to not be forced to be moved to America.

Good luck in thr rest of your case

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:43 pm

[quote="Al Haqq"]THANK YOU everyone in the forum and to those who have left. I finally received my BRP card, although it was sent to a lawyer that I am not using anymore.

Once thanks all and good luck to others waiting.[/quote]

@Alhaqq. Congratulations to you. The final piece of the puzzle has been put in place. Greetings to all the forum family. Hope you guys are ok!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 am

owo!!!! big big congratulation to @alhaqq, what a day? big big relief my friend, Enjoy your freedom. Wishing you all the best in future ahead. Finally you got it, thank god. God bless.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:33 pm

@nilemarques and Shondra Sharma, Thank you for your messages. nilemarques we shall rejoice with you in sha Allah.
All my folks. We shall overcome. Take care all forum members.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello honourable forum members,
I need your help in clarifying which form my friends daughter should use. They have been refused FLR(O). the girl is 13years, the intention is to apply individually for her. DO we need FLRO OR FLR FP. Thanks for your response.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Hello all, I forgot to state that she has just spent 7years.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:33 pm

[quote="Al Haqq"]Hello honourable forum members,
I need your help in clarifying which form my friends daughter should use. They have been refused FLR(O). the girl is 13years, the intention is to apply individually for her. DO we need FLRO OR FLR FP. Thanks for your response.[/quote]

@Alhaqq. I believe it's the FLR FP.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:59 am

@Al Haqq
congratulations to you and your family. I'm so happy for you. God bless you.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 am

ikeron wrote:

@Al Haqq
congratulations to you and your family. I'm so happy for you. God bless you.
@ikeron
thanks and God bless

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:31 am

nilemarques wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:Hello honourable forum members,
I need your help in clarifying which form my friends daughter should use. They have been refused FLR(O). the girl is 13years, the intention is to apply individually for her. DO we need FLRO OR FLR FP. Thanks for your response.
@Alhaqq. I believe it's the FLR FP.
Thanks for that nilemarques. We have actually started filling this (FLR FP) form but someone felt that it should be FLRO. Thank you.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Congrats Al haqq. Am so pleased for you.

Hello family, hope everyone is fine. Wish I could check in more often to say hello but....you are all in my thoughts for those of us still waiting. We will surely get there by God's grace.
Believe, hope you well bruv? God bless.
Dapsonlee, Nilemarques, crystal newbie. God bless you all too.

Take care.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Congratulations Al Haqq and to everyone else that has been granted and commiserations to those that have been refused.

I thought I would be writing this under different circumstances but I guess that is life for you. I had my JR oral hearing this week and my case was thrown out as basically the Judge thought there was hardly any merit to cut the long story short. I am not appealing the decision or putting in a new application as its a waste of money and time as there is NO chance for I have come to the realisation that it is GOD's will that I should not remain. He knows his reasons and I just have to trust him and follow what he has planned for me. Sometimes God closes some doors for your good as he has something better or a purpose for you and in time it shall be revealed to you.
I want to thank the very first person that helped me on this forum and that is Yummymummy to Verbina, sweetypie, Nilemarques, Hatchsead, Believe2013, Elastep, Crytal newbie, shondara sharma, malogo, seneca, God's authority, kukuwife, keisha, summer, spring 2014, this year, al haqq, winners and Daponslee who has been a rock.
Some of you have moved on and pray that all is well with you and you are enjoying your freedom and those still waiting I pray that you get granted so you can in turn enjoy the freedom.

I wanted to ask anyone on this forum who has been refused at an oral hearing or appeal hearing to please answer some questions for me.
How long does it take for the HO to send me out a letter asking me to leave?? Secondly is it the standard month notice?? Does capita harrass you constantly till you leave?? How many months can I get away with it?

I just need to start preparing myself but dont want to have the pressure of the amoebas on my case.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:56 pm

rina wrote:Congratulations Al Haqq and to everyone else that has been granted and commiserations to those that have been refused.

I thought I would be writing this under different circumstances but I guess that is life for you. I had my JR oral hearing this week and my case was thrown out as basically the Judge thought there was hardly any merit to cut the long story short. I am not appealing the decision or putting in a new application as its a waste of money and time as there is NO chance for I have come to the realisation that it is GOD's will that I should not remain. He knows his reasons and I just have to trust him and follow what he has planned for me. Sometimes God closes some doors for your good as he has something better or a purpose for you and in time it shall be revealed to you.
I want to thank the very first person that helped me on this forum and that is Yummymummy to Verbina, sweetypie, Nilemarques, Hatchsead, Believe2013, Elastep, Crytal newbie, shondara sharma, malogo, seneca, God's authority, kukuwife, keisha, summer, spring 2014, this year, al haqq, winners and Daponslee who has been a rock.
Some of you have moved on and pray that all is well with you and you are enjoying your freedom and those still waiting I pray that you get granted so you can in turn enjoy the freedom.

I wanted to ask anyone on this forum who has been refused at an oral hearing or appeal hearing to please answer some questions for me.
How long does it take for the HO to send me out a letter asking me to leave?? Secondly is it the standard month notice?? Does capita harrass you constantly till you leave?? How many months can I get away with it?

I just need to start preparing myself but dont want to have the pressure of the amoebas on my case.

Hello Rina,

Sorry to hear abt this. May God comfort and strengthen you. If I may ask, how long have you been here and don't you have any family here, like parents or siblings? Hoping to hear from you and please don't give up

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:43 pm

Good Evening,

Congratulations to everyone who has been granted a stay and that may you enjoy your freedom.Commiserations to those who have been denied and know that God will make a way for you.Those who are still waiting,remember that God is fighting this battle for you and we shall prevail.Keep the faith!!

@Rina....*Bighug*...I'm so sorry to hear about your refusal and pray that God will make a way for you.True,He knows what He has planned for you and may He open the door that no man will shut.May He strengthen you and give you wisdom.It was good having you on the forum despite the outcome.I pray that blessings follow you and don't let this be a hindrance.Storms may come but will pass.God bless you!!!

@Usual Suspects...Hi All and hope you've been well enjoying the last of the summer day.Have a blessed weekend and God bless!

john108

Post by john108 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

I applied FLR(FP) on 18th Aug 2014 for my dependents.
I received the acknowledgement letter. But the Biometric letter
has not been received yet.
I want to call UKBA regarding that. Whom should I call?

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:01 pm

rina wrote:Congratulations Al Haqq and to everyone else that has been granted and commiserations to those that have been refused.

Hi rina, i am sorry to hear this news after being you being here for such a long time. If that is the decision you have decided then good luck but you can also take some time to consider everything may be a week or so.

You have been helpful for many here, let us know there is anything we can do to help. Some of us who are working can help a little bit financial, if that is the issue.

I wish all others who are waiting good luck including believe, dapsonlee and elastep.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:26 am

Rina! Sigh! You have fought an amazing fight and I believe it's not the end until the most high days it is. You strength has been amazing and I for one benefitted. I totally agree with keisha, God's Authority and Seneca. God is still working behind the scenes.

With Removal Notices, The home office is not obliged to give you one not until all appeal routes has been fully exhausted. So I believe they might wait to see if you are going to appeal the decision, so if not then it will be your responsibility to contact them. To my understanding, I believe you are once again back in the limbo. I know the very smart dudes such as Believe2013, Nilemarques will share their wonderful thoughts and perhaps steer you on the right course.

@God'sAuthority & @Seneca God bless you guys for coming in and still checking up on us. I pray The Lord will continue to look out for you too.

@Keisha where have you been hiding. Good to see you on here again hope you enjoying what's left of the summer. Thank you for your prayers, since 2013, I know everyday is a day closer to the end. We are almost there.

seanp

Post by seanp » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Help!! I just received a letter from my lawyer from the home office saying " there is an error or omission of section 12.5 of flrp form(expiry date of BRP) & need to fill & send the page back within 7 calendar days but I never had a biometric card before I honestly do not know what my lawyer filled initially I hope this is not a mistake on his part that will cost me in their decision making. I am really worried, has this happened to anyone before? Pls advise me

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Good afternoon. @ Rina I sympathise with you immensely, I am truly sorry things haven't gone according to plan. Whatever decision you take, I wish you all the best as I know your humility will take you places. Please do keep us posted on the course of action you decide to take. When it comes to removal notice as correctly mentioned by Dapsonlee HO are not obligated to issue you with one immediately -It sounds convoluted but in theory if you are refused and certified, then they can detain you and subsequently remove you - the time scale remains a closely guarded secret sadly.

Seneca, God's Authority, Keisha, Bsmith, thanks for checking up on us. Kukuwife hope all is well your end! @Neilmarques time is nearly upon us and we can't wait!!!!
Last edited by Believe2013 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Rina! Sigh! You have fought an amazing fight and I believe it's not the end until the most high days it is. You strength has been amazing and I for one benefitted. I totally agree with keisha, God's Authority and Seneca. God is still working behind the scenes.

With Removal Notices, The home office is not obliged to give you one not until all appeal routes has been fully exhausted. So I believe they might wait to see if you are going to appeal the decision, so if not then it will be your responsibility to contact them. To my understanding, I believe you are once again back in the limbo. I know the very smart dudes such as Believe2013, Nilemarques will share their wonderful thoughts and perhaps steer you on the right course.

@God'sAuthority & @Seneca God bless you guys for coming in and still checking up on us. I pray The Lord will continue to look out for you too.

@Keisha where have you been hiding. Good to see you on here again hope you enjoying what's left of the summer. Thank you for your prayers, since 2013, I know everyday is a day closer to the end. We are almost there.

Thanks bsmith, keisha, seneca and Daponslee for your comments.. @bsmith check your inbox.
@keisha thanks for the blessings and more to you too dear.
@seneca what a kind heart you have got and may God bless you for offering me that help but I shall decline.
@Daponslee cant wait to see the end of this rubbish and how it will play out but somehow I dont see it involving me being in the UK. It will take a HUGE miracle for something to happen now without any application being put in and I mean that in the nicest way"wishing" :D :D :D
Arrghh guys I have tried to be so postive and to hold on but it doesn't seem to be working for me am afraid so I have to stop burying my head in the sad and face up to it and move on.