ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for British Nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahimmirza
Newly Registered

Documents required for British Nationality

Post by fahimmirza » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:38 pm

My wife sat SOL entry level 3 in April 2013 but she has not received the result from the examine body City and Guilds. Her College says that it could be another 8 weeks or so. However the college has issued a letter to her confirming that she has passed the above exam and they are awaiting results from City and Guilds. The date she could have applied for her British nationality was 10 August, 2014. She was granted ILR in Sep 2013 on the basis of passing ESOL level 2 combined with the Life in the UK test. Although when she had applied for ILR she had not received her certificate from City and Guilds but she was issued a confirmation letter from the college. This letter was accepted by the home office and she was issued ILR.
So will they accept her college confirmation letter or will she have to wait for the City and Guild results?

fahimmirza
Newly Registered

Re: Documents required for British Nationality

Post by fahimmirza » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:44 am

I have still not received a reply to my query. Please we need this information asap. We don’t want to submit my wife’s application for BN and loose the fee because we did not sent the actual result for her passing ESOL 3 from City and Guild. However her college has given her a confirmation letter confirming she has passed ESOL entry level 3 (Speaking, reading and writing) but they are waiting for her result from City and Guild. She sat her exam in April/May 2014 but the college has told her to wait for another 8 weeks. We were told from a deferent source that they usually take 12 weeks to send the results. Thank very much in advance.