ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU-citizen student in Netherlands, Moroccan spouse moving

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aylin
Newly Registered

EU-citizen student in Netherlands, Moroccan spouse moving

Post by Aylin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 am

Hello!

I will be glad if you might clarify me about some issues.

I am a German citizen and studying in the Netherlands. My spouse is Moroccan (living in his country) and we would like to live together in the Netherlands.
We never lived together for minimum six months, but can verify regular (long term)visits. As a student I dont have the income to support him financially for one year.
Which opportunities exist for us? Would a dutch job contract of him increase our chances?
I am a little lost cause right now it seems that as I am a student there are no opportunities at all.

Thanks!

the hurricane

Re: EU-citizen student in Netherlands, Moroccan spouse movin

Post by the hurricane » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:45 am

Send me a pm , I can help you with this. It is a straight forward case and I don't think it is that complex :)!!

Aylin
Newly Registered

Post by Aylin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:48 pm

Thank you for your answer, but as I just registered I cant send a pm. Maybe you could give me some key words or offer some links?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Aylin wrote:I am a German citizen and studying in the Netherlands. My spouse is Moroccan (living in his country) and we would like to live together in the Netherlands.
We never lived together for minimum six months, but can verify regular (long term)visits. As a student I dont have the income to support him financially for one year.
Which opportunities exist for us? Would a dutch job contract of him increase our chances?
I am a little lost cause right now it seems that as I am a student there are no opportunities at all.
You are an EU citizen studying in another EU member state. Your spouse can join you. The visa is based solely on your citizenship and the existence of the marriage. He does not require any sort of language skills, though obviously the more english/dutch/german he knows, the happier life will be.

He can also work once he gets to the Netherlands.

I assume you are formally married?

Aylin
Newly Registered

Post by Aylin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:21 am

Yes formally we are married, although I married with my Turkish nationality in Turkey so I need to tell German government about it I guess and show them my Turkish ID and the international marriage certificate?

Can you tell me which embassy/national administration we need to contact? Dutch always says you need to be the sponsor for minimum one year, German one says you need to live in Germany otherwise its not our business.
Thanks!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Aylin wrote:Yes formally we are married, although I married with my Turkish nationality in Turkey so I need to tell German government about it I guess and show them my Turkish ID and the international marriage certificate?

Can you tell me which embassy/national administration we need to contact? Dutch always says you need to be the sponsor for minimum one year, German one says you need to live in Germany otherwise its not our business.
If you are married, then there is no requirement that "you need to be the sponsor for minimum one year". Just apply for the Dutch visa. Supply only the marriage certificate, your passport, and your spouses German passport OR Ausweis.

Aylin
Newly Registered

Post by Aylin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Thank you very much! Well try this in November cause he wants to come to Netherlands early spring of next year.