ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cheque Bounced

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Cheque Bounced

Post by pazpatel » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi Guys....

Been now two years since I posted anything on the site, but I am back...

So, here is my problem, could be very big or could be very small, but any help will be greatly appreciated from any of you.

My wife's VISA runs out tomorrow (12/09/2014)..... We ran very late in dealing with it unfortunately due to a number of different reasons but we posted her application last week on the 2nd September special delivery of course. Was signed for on the 3rd so all good on that side. I have paid the fee of £1093 for Set (M) by cheque which was presented to the bank yesterday (10/09/2014) but this morning I got a phone call from HSBC saying that had stopped the cheque yesterday as they put a fraud prevention on it thinking I had not written it (I hold a HSBC Premier Account as well). They informed me that they had tried to call me yesterday but where unable to get through.

I sent a cheque after reading on the SET (M) form that in same cases the bank reject debit / credit payments from the bank due to fraud which I know happens as has happened in the past with online orders / payments. Hence sending a cheque but also happens on cheques which is not noted on the SET (M) form.

So the bank advised me to issue a new cheque, I rang up UKBA and they basically told me nothing, and said UKBA will send us a letter, but I have just read a few posts (be it old ones) saying that they rejected the applications and had to re apply....

Now I am worried....

I asked UKBA if I can pay over the phone, send a new cheque etc but they told me no as they would find it hard to match up the cheque to over thousands of applications they have. Nor can I speak to caseworker and pay over the phone.

Any thoughts or anyone know what will happen? Will they just ask me for payment or reject the application send it all back and I have to re apply?

And if that is the case will what is my situation as my wife's visa runs out tomorrow (12/09/2014)

Thanking you in advance for your help.....
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

pelen23

Re: Cheque Bounced

Post by pelen23 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:29 am

Hi there ,

I don't know how much I can help you. But in the past, the home office returned my documents because I' d forgotten to sign the cheque and then they gave me 28 days to sign a new cheque and resubmit the application. I hope the same thing happens to you.

As a former bank staff, I find it quite strange that they put a stop on the cheque. Are you sure this not due to the lack of funds? If yes , they might represent the cheque within the next few days. Have you presented a cheque from a cheque that book you previously reported lost.

Good luck

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Thanks for the reply and your help.

I have this thing with HSBC Premier called Red Alert (I think it is called) which stops these things, I also wrote the cheque thinking it is safer then debit card payment as many times I have been stopped making online payments as fraud prevention and from what is written on the Application Form hence writing a cheque, didn't realise the they also stop cheques. They tell me they tried to call to authorise it but I didn't get any calls.

Money is definitely in the account that is 110% not the issue, and cheque book has never been reported lost, however it is the first cheque I have written in nearly 5 years from a personal accountant.

I have sent in the first 6 pages of the application filling in the payment details etc and also written a cover letter, also scanned and emailed it to. Lets see what happens.

The wife goes on a unpaid leave from work today till we get a acknowledgement letter.
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:21 pm

We've submitted all my partners visa apps with Postal Orders, never had an issue. Power of hindsight for the OP though.

We applied for her BC with debit card though, as that's not so critical leave-wise and that went through ok....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Your welcome, one way or the other they will return the docs with a letter giving you either 28 days or saying something like 'If you still wish to make an application, you must return your fully completed application form with the appropriate fee to the address given on the application form.'
In any case, write a covering letter explain the situation. If you don't want to give your card details , you could get a bankers draft from your bank . It is as good as cash but treated like a cheque.

Let us know the progress

pazpatel wrote:Thanks for the reply and your help.

I have this thing with HSBC Premier called Red Alert (I think it is called) which stops these things, I also wrote the cheque thinking it is safer then debit card payment as many times I have been stopped making online payments as fraud prevention and from what is written on the Application Form hence writing a cheque, didn't realise the they also stop cheques. They tell me they tried to call to authorise it but I didn't get any calls.

Money is definitely in the account that is 110% not the issue, and cheque book has never been reported lost, however it is the first cheque I have written in nearly 5 years from a personal accountant.

I have sent in the first 6 pages of the application filling in the payment details etc and also written a cover letter, also scanned and emailed it to. Lets see what happens.

The wife goes on a unpaid leave from work today till we get a acknowledgement letter.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks again.

Will let you know how it goes and what happens.
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....