ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we include Tier 2 ICT duration while applying for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

praveenmenon1980
Newly Registered

Can we include Tier 2 ICT duration while applying for ILR?

Post by praveenmenon1980 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Hello,

I currently hold a valid Tier 1 General visa till 1st July 2015.

My first entry in UK was from 14th June 2009 till 10th April 2010 ( Duration 10 months (approx)) and this was under Tier 2 ICT visa. I then went back to India to apply for a Tier 1 General visa. I came back to UK with Tier 1 General visa on 17 Jul 2010 (i.e. after 3 months and 7 days). Am I now eligible to apply for an ILR?

This is the point which is confusing me,
=====================================================================================
The continuous period is maintained if the:
applicant leaves the UK with valid leave and re-enters the UK whilst that leave
remains valid, provided the absence(s) do not exceed 180 days in a relevant 12
month period.
======================================================================================
The above excerpt is taken from,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf

I left UK on 10th April 2010 and my Tier 2 ICT was valid till 31 Jan 2011 which means I satisfy the first part of the statement,
"applicant leaves the UK with valid leave"
Now the second part is a bit confusing for me,
I re-entered UK on 17th July 2010 but with a Tier 1 General Visa so the following conditions,
a) re-enters the UK whilst that leave remains valid ----------- is it Valid ? I think it is.
b) provided the absence(s) do not exceed 180 days in a relevant 12 month period. ------------ I think this is also valid

This makes me think that I may be able to apply for an ILR now. Am I correct?

Please guys, I need your help here.

Thanks
Praveen