ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katiepop

English language question

Post by katiepop » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm sorry if this is obvious but I've read so much I'm getting myself confused.

Can someone just clarify if the following qualification is unacceptable...

Trinity College London entry level certificate in ESOL skills for life (speaking & listening) (entry1) may 2013 pass

As you can see that qualification was taken before the new rules. It was acceptable back then, but since the new rules, am I right in thinking it has to be a minimum of entry level 3? What's confusing me is the list of approved qualifications on gov.uk site mentions entry 1 in that big table. But it's not awarded by trinity college in the table.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: English language question

Post by fwd079 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:48 am

katiepop wrote:I'm sorry if this is obvious but I've read so much I'm getting myself confused.

Trinity College London entry level certificate in ESOL skills for life (speaking & listening) (entry1) may 2013 pass

As you can see that qualification was taken before the new rules. It was acceptable back then, but since the new rules, am I right in thinking it has to be a minimum of entry level 3? What's confusing me is the list of approved qualifications on gov.uk site mentions entry 1 in that big table. But it's not awarded by trinity college in the table.
Experts can tell you better, but in my view you need to fulfil qualifications that were valid at the time you became eligible for BC.

I'd simply take B3 to keep things safe.

Regards.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

musto
Newly Registered

Post by musto » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:48 am

katiepop wrote:I'm sorry if this is obvious but I've read so much I'm getting myself confused.

If you a applying for BC then you'll need a minimum of entry 3 which is B1 and LITUK.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:43 pm

As mentioned ESOL Entry 3 for BC

However the qualification for ESOL skills for life entry 3 offered by Trinity has been removed from the Home Office list of acceptable qualifications effective from 1st August 2014. This qualification will no longer be accepted.

Only the ESOL entry 3 offered by Cambridge is still being accepted.

Or you can use the Trinity GECE Grade 5 test.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:30 pm

WR1 wrote:As mentioned ESOL Entry 3 for BC

However the qualification for ESOL skills for life entry 3 offered by Trinity has been removed from the Home Office list of acceptable qualifications effective from 1st August 2014. This qualification will no longer be accepted.

Only the ESOL entry 3 offered by Cambridge is still being accepted.

Or you can use the Trinity GECE Grade 5 test.
Any reference to this one please.
I have Trinity GESE Grade 5 ESOL exam booked with http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/ for tomorrow morning. Is it going to be acceptable???

I am very tensed now - someone please reply?

katiepop

Post by katiepop » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Zeus your qualification is fine!!!! Good luck!

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Reference is here:

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/news.html?nid=88

However, as mentioned this does not affect the GESE Grade 5 test.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks a lot guys.

ramadnk
Newly Registered

Post by ramadnk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Hello,

I have a question regarding clicking the box for english language requirement in the naturalisation form, from the below copied from the form, I will be (please see my answer in green color)... can somebody confirm this please....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

✔I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR

I will be clicking yes for this option and submiting point calculator printout showing points for qualification and english languge, is that correct... please confirm

✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
(i)
UK NARIC has confir
med that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
(ii)
the qualifica
tion was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada); OR

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ramadnk
Newly Registered

Post by ramadnk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:07 am

If someone could confirm this, it will be very helpful...
Thanks,

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:00 am

you will also have to provide proof of your qualification.