ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which NARIC SERVICE should be for English Language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrehanashraf

Which NARIC SERVICE should be for English Language

Post by mrehanashraf » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:42 am

Hi,

Apologize if this has been answered earlier.
For my spouse ILR application. I have to show NARIC letter along with her degree, university letter for medium of instruction as English.
Her qualification is in PBS calculator, but 10 point are not being awarded for it, so must need NARIC letter.

Now in NARIC website, they are offering:
Statement of Comparability
=================
A Statement of Comparability states, in English, what your overseas qualifications equate to in the UK.

and English Language Assessment
=============================
to confirm whether your degree has been taught solely in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1).

I know to qualify for ILR under Tier 1 (General), one should have minimum (CEFR level B1) level. So does it mean I need Statement of Comparability not English Language Assessment from NARIC?

Thanks

mrjsg

Re: Which NARIC SERVICE should be for English Language

Post by mrjsg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:50 am

please read my latest post, I went through this yesterday

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 72109.html

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:33 am

mrehanashraf wrote:Hi,

Apologize if this has been answered earlier.
For my spouse ILR application. I have to show NARIC letter along with her degree, university letter for medium of instruction as English.
Her qualification is in PBS calculator, but 10 point are not being awarded for it, so must need NARIC letter.

Now in NARIC website, they are offering:
Statement of Comparability
=================
A Statement of Comparability states, in English, what your overseas qualifications equate to in the UK.

and English Language Assessment
=============================
to confirm whether your degree has been taught solely in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1).

I know to qualify for ILR under Tier 1 (General), one should have minimum (CEFR level B1) level. So does it mean I need Statement of Comparability not English Language Assessment from NARIC?

Thanks

Is it Bachelor degree or Master degree?

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:38 am

Masters Degree.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:58 am

For master degree, you can apply only "Statement of Comparability" but you can't apply an "English Language Assessment" with UK NARIC. So,
Degree+ Medium of Instruction letter + UK NARIC Statement of Comparability letter should be OK.

mrjsg

Post by mrjsg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:03 pm

I've submitted above three but they put my application on hold and when I spoke to case worker she was checking in Point Calculator and didn't get any points for english

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:53 pm

It is very strange!
If the degree is not recognised in point based calculator, we will have UK NARIC certificate.
I have seen in this forum, somebody got ILR using these certificates.

Which PEO?

mrjsg

Post by mrjsg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Glasgow. Any one know how to verify expired ielts result??

eddybaloch

Post by eddybaloch » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:47 pm

I remember reading somewhere in the official VISA documentation that UK NARIC will only issue English Language Assessment (ELA) if the degree is comparable to UK and therefore no separate statement of comparability is required.

Eddy B.

mrjsg

Post by mrjsg » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:40 am

Even they didn't like my wife's expired IELTS result. I think because she gave in India. We called case worker and she got reply from IELTS saying that it is expired and they can't varify it. Case worker gave us 2 weeks time for another result. So we booked ESCOL grade 5 exam from Trinity Collage exam centre.