ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question - problems with new HSMP application form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xindie
Newly Registered

question - problems with new HSMP application form

Post by xindie » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:36 pm

Hi all

I am trying to fill the new application form that they published on the web site recently. It is a Word document with special fields, and it only allows you to fill-in the designated areas.

Now, when I try to input my name on the page 3, where the actual application begins, it doesn't have a field for this... More, there are some fields, for example Date Of Birth - even if I type it there, nothing seems to appear!

I know that I can print the application out and fill it by hand, but I want it typewritten.

Did someone have the same problem? I am desperate...

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:04 pm

Did someone have the same problem?
I downloaded the form and tried to type in. Like you said some of columns are not editable. It seems like the HO did not make all fields editable by mistake. They may update their form in the next few days. The only other option is to have them handwritten.
I am desperate...
Option for the really desperate ...is to unprotect the document. Go to Tools --> Unprotect document.
It will prompt you for a password which you will need to supply. There are tools available to do this. Search the net. Make sure once the document is editable, you dont change or alter anything except making the fields editable.

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:13 pm

thanks mwazir

I also tried to convert this document to PDF, and play with it in Adobe Acrobate (not reader), but the formatting is a bit changed, so it doesn't look good.

The same can be achieved by inserting the application into a new file with Insert->File command. The formatting is changed again.

anyway, I have solved the issue by resetting the password, as you said, there are ways to do it.