ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA national married to an EEA national

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arsalankhan
Newly Registered

Non EEA national married to an EEA national

Post by arsalankhan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi i am a Pakistani national but been living UK since 2010 and married to a EEA national and i have valid visa/residence documentation which clearly states family member of an EEA national and i travelled to Pakistan with any problem,but now me and my wife are going Spain next week for a weeks holiday so do i need to get a visa or my document allows me to travel without it as long as i am traveling with my wife or meeting my wife.

riz1986

Re: Non EEA national married to an EEA national

Post by riz1986 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:20 am

u need 2 check Spanish embassy website for more info.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:51 am

Technically you can travel without a Schengen visa. However, you may have a problem boarding if the airline doesn't fully understand the rules. It would be wise to travel with a copy of the EU directive to prove your right to freedom of travel.

Some years ago my husband had to persuade the Easyjet check-in staff to allow him to return to the UK from Spain with an ILR vignette in his passport. It took several phone calls of confirmation (including one to me from Easyjet) before he was allowed to board.
:?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

arsalankhan
Newly Registered

Post by arsalankhan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks casa for reply and where i can find EU directive for a copy have you got a link.? Thanks