ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from tier1 Appeal in process to tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VHQ123
Newly Registered

switching from tier1 Appeal in process to tier 2

Post by VHQ123 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi all Please urgent help needed , my tier1 application was refused in May 2014 i appealed against it and the hearing is next month.
1- can i switch to tier 2 at this stage ?
2- if yes then does the previous application decision will have any affect on this application ?(reason of refusal was sec 39B(c) unable to verify the funds with bank, basically bank did not respond to home office email)
3-if i withdraw my appeal and apply for tier2 does this have any effect on my long term residency ? its been almost 8 years i am in uk ?

please help with these questions
Many thanx

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Re: switching from tier1 Appeal in process to tier 2

Post by VHQ123 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:57 pm

any one plzzz :shock:

kevb2014

Re: switching from tier1 Appeal in process to tier 2

Post by kevb2014 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:18 pm

VHQ123 wrote:Hi all Please urgent help needed , my tier1 application was refused in May 2014 i appealed against it and the hearing is next month.
1- can i switch to tier 2 at this stage ?
Yes only if you withdraw your appeal. This is quite risky though as you'll start overstaying as soon as you do this and you won't get appeal rights for tier 2 app.
2- if yes then does the previous application decision will have any affect on this application ?(reason of refusal was sec 39B(c) unable to verify the funds with bank, basically bank did not respond to home office email)
No, you only need to meet the requirements for Tier 2 (Job code, RMLT etc..)
3-if i withdraw my appeal and apply for tier2 does this have any effect on my long term residency ? its been almost 8 years i am in uk ?
No as long as the tier 2 visa is granted within 28 days from withdrawing your appeal.

Good luck with your application :)

please help with these questions
Many thanx