ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I SPONSOR MY FIANCE AFTER RETAINING MY RIGHT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adebolayemi
Newly Registered

CAN I SPONSOR MY FIANCE AFTER RETAINING MY RIGHT

Post by Adebolayemi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm

HI ALL,
Can somebody enlighten me on what to do about my case. I divorced my EU partner recently and I have RETAINED MY RIGHT with another 5 years Visa given to me. My wife to be is a student and her Student visa will be running out towards the end of the year. Please I will like to know if I Can sponsor her with my RETAIN OF RIGHT visa and also if this is possible which form am I going to use to apply for her.

Please answers needed as soon as possible in order to know the steps to take.

Thanks a lot

Bola

Obie
Ireland

Re: CAN I SPONSOR MY FIANCE AFTER RETAINING MY RIGHT

Post by Obie » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:03 pm

The quickest answer to that question is a no. At present people who retain right of residence cannot sponsor a family member. However if her leave is expiring, she may well be advised to apply for FLR(M), and provided you meet all the requirement of the rules, save for the absence of a settled status, you can challenge a decision on the basis that it breaches your right ti family life.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Adebolayemi
Newly Registered

CAN I INCLUDE DEPENDANT WHILE APPLYING FOR PR

Post by Adebolayemi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi All,
Just want to find out if I can include my Dependant on EEA4 while applying for PR after retaining my right. I will qualify for PR next year April. Just want to know if I can include my wife-to-be and possibly our baby on form EEA4.

Thank you all

allenboo
- thin ice -

Post by allenboo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Please can someone please advise. My friend obtained his permanent residence after retained rights following divorce. Can he sponsor a new partner to the UK using eea family permit as he is still under eu law based on his permanent residence.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:01 pm

allenboo wrote:Please can someone please advise. My friend obtained his permanent residence after retained rights following divorce. Can he sponsor a new partner to the UK using eea family permit as he is still under eu law based on his permanent residence.
If you're not a EEA citizen you can't sponsor other people. Therefore, you're friend won't be able to sponsor his partner based on permanent residence only. You need to be a citizen of one of the EEA countries before you can use that route.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Your friend may be able to sponsor his partner under the immigration rules, subject to meeting the conditions under that rule, EU route is not open to him.

nico10

Post by nico10 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Obie wrote:The quickest answer to that question is a no. At present people who retain right of residence cannot sponsor a family member. However if her leave is expiring, she may well be advised to apply for FLR(M), and provided you meet all the requirement of the rules, save for the absence of a settled status, you can challenge a decision on the basis that it breaches your right ti family life.

Hello,

I'm a non EEA National got a PR through marriage to an EEA National. However, I have divorce before I got my PR.. Now I want to get marry to a non EEA National, can you please advice on what he or she will be applying for ? Either under EEA application EEA2 or Under British section application for leave of extension.

Can you please give me a clear understanding on this , I will look forward to your prompt reply . Many thanks Obie

Regards,

Nico10