ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help with my EEA2 application form, thanks a lot

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juliazl
Newly Registered

Please help with my EEA2 application form, thanks a lot

Post by juliazl » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:16 am

Hi,
I am now applying for a residence card. There are some questions, could some one help me with them?
First, how do I know if I and my partner have the home office referrence number?
Second, for " Date last entered UK" , I just travelled to France, should I just fill the date that I returned UK from France?
Third, as my visa will expire in early January, if I still did not get any answer from the Home Office, what should I do?
Fourth, my partner will need his passport for travelling in December, can we apply for returning his passport? If yes, when should I apply for that?
Fifth,I am now looking for the job in UK, if the company agreed to provide me visa before I get the answer from Home Office. Can I ask the passport back and apply for the work visa?

Sorry for so many questions. But I really do not know who should I ask. Could you please help me. Thank you very much.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Please help with my EEA2 application form, thanks a lot

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:30 am

When you say partner, is that a married partner or unmarried partner?

Q1: if you don't know the HO reference leave blank.
Q2: last date so France date.
Q3: when you apply you will receive a confirmation letter which will confirm your right to work (if married) or not confirm your right to work (if unmarried). If you are not married, and a decision is not made until your visa expires, you will be illegal (until a decision is made). If you are married, you will be legal even if your visa expires.
Q4: you can ask for the return of passport at any stage.
Q5: you can ask for the return of passport at any stage.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi Jambo,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I just sent my application out to Home Office this Monday. But I still did not get any email from the Home office to confirm that they were already dealing with my application. Do you know when they might give me an email and give a referrence number for the application?

As for your answer to Q3, actually I applying as an unmarried partner of my boyfriend. We have been together for more than 4 years and we lived together for more than 2 years. From the official website, they did not say that unmarried partner cannot work in UK, could you please let me know where did you see this information? Thanks a lot!

Jambo wrote:When you say partner, is that a married partner or unmarried partner?

Q1: if you don't know the HO reference leave blank.
Q2: last date so France date.
Q3: when you apply you will receive a confirmation letter which will confirm your right to work (if married) or not confirm your right to work (if unmarried). If you are not married, and a decision is not made until your visa expires, you will be illegal (until a decision is made). If you are married, you will be legal even if your visa expires.
Q4: you can ask for the return of passport at any stage.
Q5: you can ask for the return of passport at any stage.

erodes2000
Newly Registered

Post by erodes2000 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:18 am

Hi Juliazl,

I have also applied using the same route. I haven't received my COA yet but from what I have read in the forum it seems that only married couples get the certificate indicating the right to work.

I was wondering if you have received any more news? Please keep us posted! :?:

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:31 pm

erodes2000 wrote:Hi Juliazl,

I have also applied using the same route. I haven't received my COA yet but from what I have read in the forum it seems that only married couples get the certificate indicating the right to work.

I was wondering if you have received any more news? Please keep us posted! :?:
Hi erodes2000,
I got the certificate of application indicating no right to work. And I called the HO, they said that I can stay in the UK even if my visa expired. But I still fell unsafe. Do you know if our visa expires, do we have to go to the police office to report to them about our situation? BTW, how is your application?

Julia