ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will HO ask for more documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MSaxp

Will HO ask for more documents

Post by MSaxp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

Hi,

I have my NCS appointment next week and want to make sure i make no mistakes (£906 is not little money).

(I am an EU citizen, working full time in the UK for 9 years now, UK masters degree, LITU passed)

I assume i will go to the NCS appointment with all my documents (passport, degrees, payslips, p60, LITU, utility bills, bank statements) and they will tell me which ones need sending (and will photocopy them).

What if Home Office wanted more documents? Will they just reject the application or contact me for the documents they require? I dont want to be sending 100 documents but i'm happy to provide anything required.

thanks,

Mike

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Will HO ask for more documents

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:10 am

check 'what you need to bring' in the following link. and take whatever is relevant to you

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/registration/c ... ervice.htm

If NCS thinks you didnt take something mandatory and if they are kind they wil postpone your appoitment at free of cost.. if you get through NCS you are fine as they make sure u send all necessary documents...but HO can get back to you anytime if they need any documents.

They wont reject your applications based on this.. chill

MSaxp

Post by MSaxp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks.

I am not worried about the standard naturalisation documents. These are clearly defined and will not be a problem.

My concern is the documents proving my exercising of treaty rights for 6 years which seem a bit vague. I dont know whether just p60s will suffice.

Mike

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Just P60 will suffice. In any case, they will not reject the application because of lack of documents. They will write to you first.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)