ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for baby born outside of the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmetkara217
Newly Registered

British Passport for baby born outside of the UK

Post by ahmetkara217 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi,

My baby born one mount ago in Turkey. My wife is Turkish and I am British citizen otherwise than by decent (by naturalisation) and I know my baby is eligible for British passport.(Thanks to all good information in this forum)

My question is that can I apply for British passport for my baby when I am in UK, or do I have to do it from Turkey.

Thanks in advance.....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport for baby born outside of the UK

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Technically in Turkey, but I think you should be ok to apply here if you have the required documents.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ahmetkara217
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport for baby born outside of the UK

Post by ahmetkara217 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 am

Thank you for your prompt response to my question.

I am bit confused, there is no clear information or guidance regarding this matter on HM passport office website.
Because as you mentioned, technically my baby is applicant who is abroad now and I am going to apply on behalf of her in UK.

I beleive that my baby's birth certificate (translated & notarized) from local authority, my current British passport & naturalisation certificate and 2 pictures (I do have marriage cert. if necessary) will be enough for the procedure.

My concern is that it would be better for me to be in UK during waiting time for my own passport.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.