ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring my wife to Britain from Morocco

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaosami
Newly Registered

Bring my wife to Britain from Morocco

Post by aaosami » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Im also curious about bringing my husband from nigeria. Im an irish national living in the uk since january, i worked part time frm february till april, then i went to nigeria to get married and came back to the Uk in july. Im pregnant wit my husband baby and i managed to get a job of over 20hours weekly last week. I live in a shared accomodation. Please can you advise me on the documents required to support my husbands eea family permit application. I will appreciate concrete advise. Thanks

aaosami
Newly Registered

EEA family permit......your advise is highly required PLEASE

Post by aaosami » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Im curious about bringing my husband from nigeria. Im an irish national living in the uk since january, i worked part time frm february till april, then i went to nigeria to get married and came back to the Uk in july. Im pregnant with our first baby and i managed to get a job of over 20hours weekly last week. I live in a shared accomodation. Please can you advise me on the documents required to support my husbands eea family permit application. I will appreciate concrete advise. Thanks

dalebutt

Re: EEA family permit......your advise is highly required PL

Post by dalebutt » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Your marriage certificate, certified copy of your passport , his passport, your work contract and payslips, and an accompanying letter with brief details on your relationship history. You can certify your passport copy at the Irish embassy in London.

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:08 pm

How many months payslips do i need to provide? What is the essence of the relationship history and certification of my passport?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:35 pm

The UKVI require a certified copy of your passport, but I suppose if you would be submitting the original passport, then certification may not be necessary, just a way of confirming that the document is genuine. A month payslip would suffice, details of relationship history is not mandatory nor is it part of the requirement, but it may assist the application especially if there is anything unusual about your relationship. A letter explaining your circumstances and intentio is always recommended.

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 pm

There is nothing unusual about our relationship other than marriage

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Yes i cannot add more than above, suffice to say your twenty hours of employment will be sufficient provided it is genuine and effective.

I believe the pregnancy will attest to a genuine relationship. Evidence of the pregnancy and a contract of employment from your employer will also help boost his case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:03 pm

So the following documents are sufficient:
*our passports
* 1month payslips at least
* marriage certificate
*6months bank statements and utility bills
*letter that he is joining me in the Uk
* prove of my pregnancy
*his bank statement and letter from his work place in nigeria.

Please are these documents sufficient enough for a successful application or do ineed to add more.

Please your advise is needed

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:13 am

Can anyone confirm if these documents are sufficient pleaseee

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:17 am

You have been adviced what documents you would need as part of the application, the mod has also adviced you of the additional proof which may assist the application, which part of the above do you not understand? you have of your own volition added a bit more documents to the ones already listed, which are not necessary.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:32 am

HI aaosami, note that they are not interested in your husband activity in Nigeria, unless it is an activity which may be considered a threat to the country, which i doubt, so no need for [color=#FF0000]his bank statement and letter from his work place in nigeria.[/color]
GOD BLESS!!!

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Hello guys,
My husbandis filling the eea family permit form, and we are confused whether we need to fill the part 5 of the form or not?

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:00 am

What is part 5 about. i did fill it once but do not remember exactly which section refers to what
GOD BLESS!!!

Lamine
Newly Registered

Post by Lamine » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:01 pm

can help with letters ? if each one of us give letter... if relationship history separated of invitation letter, what's forme of letter could be, i heard exist some way to begain letter, and things you should of it first.
my story relationship is following who like to help us : we met in maroco 2 weeks(i'm algerien and she is czech), already been on facebook a year before, after first met i visited her in her family 2 weeks Chrismas, then after 5 months i back to her again, but she can't stay long in czech coz she live in UK (she is EEA nation not british citizen). and i wait may i get permit stay in czech now, want apply in same time for uk to rejoin her, she live in uk from 9 years, stable flat and job.
can provide me help of letters ?

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:46 am

fatimahh wrote:What is part 5 about. i did fill it once but do not remember exactly which section refers to what
Its about finances and employment but it says not to be filled by spouse so i guess it doesnt affect us.

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:49 am

fatimahh wrote:HI aaosami, note that they are not interested in your husband activity in Nigeria, unless it is an activity which may be considered a threat to the country, which i doubt, so no need for his bank statement and letter from his work place in nigeria.

Is it necessary for him to also write cover letter after have written?

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:47 am

No there is no need. Only EEA wrote cover letter in my case and there was no issue. Just make sure you keep your letter simple with the main facts only, our one was full of too many details according to the person who processed it (she was a nice lady though)
GOD BLESS!!!

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:33 pm

My husband is applying from nigeria is the TB test cert required for EEA family permit application?
The online form is quite confusing part 3 asking for family details and travel documents; is he supposed to fill in my travel documents details and my family details OR his travel documents n family details?

The income and expenditure / sponsor section can he put N/A since his finances are not required?

PLEASE HELP

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:11 pm

No TB test is required.
No information is required about your husband's finances or his work, either in the past or in the future in the UK.
No information is required about the relationship history, other than a copy of the marriage certificate.
No information is needed about your UK accommodation.
No information is needed about your assets.

You should write a very brief cover letter which says that your husband will be joining you in the UK. Two sentences will do.

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:No
Thank you directive. The new online form requests for his earnings, trip, accomodation, living expenses cost and how much he has saved up for the trip under the employment and income section. Im quite confused what he should put there and with the extra scrutiny for nigeria eea application bothers me alot.

What do you reckon i should fill in those area

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I would put "Not relevant for spouse of EU citizen" to fields can take typing.
And 0 in numeric fields.

aaosami
Newly Registered

Post by aaosami » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:31 am

Hi guys my husband got this email from the embassy saying Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.

Does it mean its being approved

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:02 pm

aaosami wrote:Hi guys my husband got this email from the embassy saying Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.

Does it mean its being approved
It just means that it's already been processed. It could be positive or negative. I think the only way you'll know is when you get it! Best go to the Embassy ASAP! I know what it feels like to wait...we had this a few months ago!

maxelbrig
Newly Registered

Post by maxelbrig » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi everyone!

Hope this message finds you well. I am an Italian nation planning traveling to UK with my wife who is non-EU national. So my question is? Do we need to mention in the cover letter the paragraph of "excising treaty EU Rights"? I have not lived in the UK before, so do not have any bank statements or local papers from UK. This would be our first visit to UK? We are a retired couple planning to visit to the UK.

Can anyone please advise what to do!

Regards,
Cravero

SCS1224
Newly Registered

EEA2 VISA- APPLICATION ADVICE- HELP!

Post by SCS1224 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:51 am

Hello

I just wanted some advice before we put our papers in..

I am currently and EU citizen(portuguese) moved to the UK in Dec 2013, and have been working since March 2014. I have been with my Girlfriend( now wife) for 7 years, we are high school sweet hearts,She is a kenyan citizen, moved to UK in Sep 2013 on a student visa to pursue her Masters. Before we got married she wanted to finish her education as she thought it would be hard to complete the same if she was married. She submitted her dissertation on the 4th of september and on 23rd of september we got married. Now her visa expires on 30 Jan 2015, We want to avoid the hassle ( Expense) of her going back and coming back to the UK. We have been living together since May 2014. I will be applying for EEA1 along with her EEA2 application, just have a few doubts
1. Do i need to provide a certain amount of funds?
2. We have loads of pictures since we have been together for 7 years, how many should we include
3. What does she need to provide, besides passport and address proof?
4. Do you think she will not be able to get the EEA2 before her visa runs out?
5. Should we provide a detail letter of our relationship?

These are the documents we will be submitting...if you feel i have left out any do let me know
1. My EU passport and ID
2.Her Passport
3.Both our bank statements (proof of Address)
4. Tenancy Agreement
5. Letter of Confirming employment
6. Wage slips
7. My employment contract
8. Marriage certificate
9. Photos of us maybe around 20?

Thank you in Advance ... hope to get some clarity before handing in the forms