ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Komla Adobor
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Komla Adobor » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:34 pm

hello good people. i am new to this forum.
has anyone with pankina issue applied for lr via 10 yr lr route or about to apply. could they please share their expiriences. or could someone educate on pankina and 10yr lr route? thank you.

amir1979
Newly Registered

Post by amir1979 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi everyone
I applied on 4/04/14 bio metic done on 22/04/14 I am still waiting for a decision is there anyone who still waiting please post here I am quite stress out thanks

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:49 pm

amir1979 wrote:Hi everyone
I applied on 4/04/14 bio metic done on 22/04/14 I am still waiting for a decision is there anyone who still waiting please post here I am quite stress out thanks

Hello Amir1979 ,

Don't worry , taking stress will not make your decision quicker ....Did you call home office ?
if you can reply on these question please ,

Q 1 , Was your case straight forward ? or did u vary your application ?
Q2 , Did you apply your self ?
Q3 , Have you submitted any English test certificates which is under investigation by HO ?

Best of luck
Regards ,
S.Akaram

joanie

Post by joanie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:Hi guys,

I've been prowling this board for info relating to ten years long residency route for a while now. I can finally leave my timeline here as a I sent my application off a few days ago.

Application sent: 10/09/2014
Payment Taken:12/09/2014
Acknowledgement:
Bio Met. Req.:
Decision:

I hope the Home Office makes a swift, and more importantly, positive decision on my application.

All best wishes to you all.
I also sent my application on 10/09/14 and payment is taken today. Is you case straight forward?
Hi Arsal and TheJuryMustDie
What were your methods of payment? Did you guys pay by postal orders?
best wishes to both of you.

joanie

Post by joanie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:02 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
joanie wrote:Hello moderators and everybody
I posted my Set LR as variation of FLR FP day before yesterday via special delivery and yesterday I received biometric invitation for the existing application. It asks to record biometric within 15 days and the letter is dated 4 september. Do I need to go for biometric soon or just wait for acknowledgement letter of Set LR?
Pls give me your opinion.thanks
Hi joanie,
I would suggest to go and record the biometric details, its not a lot of money, but if you didn't record they might send your initial application back to you, and that will be a problem. You don't want the process on the FLR(FP) stop till you get an acknowledgement that they have accepted your request to vary your application from FLR(FP) to SET(LR). Once your receive a letter acknowledging that, than every thing is hunky dory. And every thing will be in order than.
All the best .
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi Shajee
Thanks for the suggestion. Was thinking the same thing.
god bless.
regards Joanie

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello everyone,
congratulation to everybody who got their ilr approved so far.
Guys I was just wondering once a casework has been assign to a case, how long do they normally take to make a decision?

Rk1506

Shay14
Newly Registered

Post by Shay14 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi All,

Finally some good news for me. I have just received a call from my solicitor that they have received my approval letter, documents plus Biometric Card. The wait has finally ended. My case was pretty straight forward. 5 years students, 2 PSW and 3 Tier 2 General.

Thanks to all the members on this forum, especially to Shajee and S.Karam, you guys are great :D, you are helping so many people, god will definitely compensate you for this.

Good luck to all those waiting :)

12years

Post by 12years » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:15 pm

fielddrive wrote:another week gone... no biometric letter yet :cry:
Received my biometrics invite today. Yours should be on the way.

Also received an email stating payment has been processed and my application is being considered. Have you got an email?

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:19 pm

joanie wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:Hi guys,

I've been prowling this board for info relating to ten years long residency route for a while now. I can finally leave my timeline here as a I sent my application off a few days ago.

Application sent: 10/09/2014
Payment Taken:12/09/2014
Acknowledgement:
Bio Met. Req.:
Decision:

I hope the Home Office makes a swift, and more importantly, positive decision on my application.

All best wishes to you all.
I also sent my application on 10/09/14 and payment is taken today. Is you case straight forward?
Hi Arsal and TheJuryMustDie
What were your methods of payment? Did you guys pay by postal orders?
best wishes to both of you.
Hi Joanie,

I paid with a Debit Card. Payment was pretty swiftly taken I should add.

Best of luck with your application as well.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Shay14 wrote:Hi All,

Finally some good news for me. I have just received a call from my solicitor that they have received my approval letter, documents plus Biometric Card. The wait has finally ended. My case was pretty straight forward. 5 years students, 2 PSW and 3 Tier 2 General.

Thanks to all the members on this forum, especially to Shajee and S.Karam, you guys are great :D, you are helping so many people, god will definitely compensate you for this.

Hi Shay14,
Many congratulations on the approval, what a result. Well deserved and well earned. Enjoy your freedom. My prayers and best wishes for you and your family. Please remember us in your prayers.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

taz123
inactive

10 years long residence applications

Post by taz123 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Assalmualikum bhai

I need a help with my application please, i came to UK in end of sept 2004 and since then i have been extending my visa till 2011 as a student then from 2011 to 2013 i have granted with PSW on the basis of MSc. finally after doing a lots of discussion with solicitors and immigration advisers i have applied for level 8 course (Tier 4 student) for further extension to complete my lawful 10 yrs however my visa got rejected.
I been to FTT refuse again, i went for FTT review decline, now my case is on appeal permission for UTT still awaiting i have completed my 10 yrs as per the law 28 days before.

My lawyer said i need to submit a new application, while appeal is pending (Confused)

I had spoken to HO they said i need to withdraw my appeal and submit a new application as per 3c 3d rule.

My questions are?

Firstly i got 28 days to complete my 10yrs am i be still eligibl to apply for long residency or i have to wait till my 10yrs completed as i'm on 3c 3d rule .
secondly what forms i have to used because some said LR some says Set (o)
Thirdly do i compulsory need to withdraw my appeal and submit new application.
Fourthly i got 2 dependents what forms i have to used for my dependents and what is the procedure?

I have learn many things from this forum but in these circumstances and situation there is no proper solutions or results so please guide me and help me and tell what necessary steps i need to take.....if any one have come across with the same situation please let me know their experience.

all helpful answers are much appreciated

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Everyone, finally joined the queue for ILR:) Sent out my application form today with the following documents:
-All passports
-BRP card
-Life In the UK test certificate
-UK degree certificate and transcript
-Completed application form with 2 passport sized photos (name written on the bcak)
-Photocopies of all supporting documents
-Self-addressed special delivery envelop

(Hope I didn't miss anything!)
My case should be pretty straight forward (but you never know with HO!): 10 Years Student with only 90 days out of the country
Came to UK on 11 Oct 2004 so applied 26 days earlier.
Thanks especially to shajee, S Akram and Arsal for helping me out with filling out the application form but everyones contribution is helpful since I've been a silent reader since 2012. If anyone could update my timeline that'd be great:)

Application sent: 15/09/2014
Payment taken:
Acknowledgement letter:
Biometrics invitation:
Biometrics completion:
Decision:

Please everyone remember us in your prayers and all who are waiting my prayers and best wishes with all of you and Insha'Allah we will be fine:)

timmoo
Newly Registered

Post by timmoo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:50 pm

fielddrive wrote:
zzzindagi wrote:I applied on 16 Aug and received Acknowledgment letter after two weeks. Till today, i have not received the Bio metric letter.

Today received email from Home Office that my payment has been processed (which was actually taken out of my account on 19th Aug) and my application is being considered. Has anyone received this kind of email.. Please let me know..

Why are they taking too long to send the Biometric letter. Is there any change in their process that they are now sending emails that the Application has been received or being considered.
They did say they are taking email addresses now to confirm application status but that's the first I've heard of someone getting an email update... well good for you!

btw would you like to share your history.... anything that in your mind makes your case unique?
I think it is just normal delay in your biometric letter. I applied on 18/08/2014 and received my biometric letter today.

Like fielddrive, I also received an email confirmation of payment/application on 12/09/2014 (in addition to postal confirmation received on 26/08/2014). And apparently there is no complication in my case.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Kindly no other member than Dr. Shahjee use blue writing as its now trade mark colour of shahjee. Blue writing quickly come to attention and remind shahjee :D

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
amir1979 wrote:Hi everyone

Hello Amir1979 ,

Don't worry , taking stress will not make your decision quicker ....Did you call home office ?
if you can reply on these question please ,

Q 1 , Was your case straight forward ? or did u vary your application ?
Q2 , Did you apply your self ?
Q3 , Have you submitted any English test certificates which is under investigation by HO ?

Best of luck
Regards ,
S.Akaram
hi we have applied on 29/4/14 and still waiting. Don't know why its delayed. we have called HO last week and was told its still pending. Its almost 20 weeks since we applied and its stressful.
Shez

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Hello shay14 ,

Heartiest congratulation :P
Enjoy your freedom ,
Thanks for sharing this good news with the member of the forum and also for sharing additional information .
Thanks for your kind word
Remember us in your prayers

Regards ,
S.Akaram

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 pm

12years wrote:Received my biometrics invite today. Yours should be on the way.

Also received an email stating payment has been processed and my application is being considered. Have you got an email?
Great news you got your biometrics invite and no, haven't received any emails from the HO :? When did you get this email?
timmoo wrote: I think it is just normal delay in your biometric letter. I applied on 18/08/2014 and received my biometric letter today.

Like fielddrive, I also received an email confirmation of payment/application on 12/09/2014 (in addition to postal confirmation received on 26/08/2014). And apparently there is no complication in my case.
Sorry timmoo I never got an email confirmation although i did receive postal confirmation on the 30th.

... and the waiting continues... :roll:

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Congrats Shay14!!

Approvals that quick always make me happy!!

amir1979
Newly Registered

Post by amir1979 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi S Akaram

i applied through solicitor, my case vary student,psw,and tier 2 general i submitted ESOL B2 city n guild and life in the uk test, i called H/O they said its with case worker called second time said its still in process.

Regards

Amir

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:44 pm

amir1979 wrote:Hi S Akaram

i applied through solicitor, my case vary student,psw,and tier 2 general i submitted ESOL B2 city n guild and life in the uk test, i called H/O they said its with case worker called second time said its still in process.

Regards

Amir

we have applied on 29/4/14 and called HO they said file is still pending ....what did your solicitor advised ?

thanks
Shez

perez2014
Newly Registered

Post by perez2014 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:34 am

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader of the forum.

Here is my situation, I have apply to ILR based on a 10 years long residence.
-student visa for 8 years student visa
-5 years EEA card due to my wife.

Do you think that by applying for the set LR instead of a EEA4 should be a problem?

I am wondering that the HO will ask why didn't apply for EEA4 instead?

Please help me!

Thanks

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 am

fielddrive wrote:
12years wrote:Received my biometrics invite today. Yours should be on the way.

Great news you got your biometrics invite and no, haven't received any emails from the HO :? When did you get this email?
timmoo wrote: I think it is just normal delay in your biometric letter. I applied on 18/08/2014 and received my biometric letter today.

Sorry timmoo I never got an email confirmation although i did receive postal confirmation on the 30th.

... and the waiting continues... :roll:
fielddrive, i received the email the same day I got the biometrics (15/9/2014)

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:22 am

Hello Experts !!! I think I always asked very difficultly question and get very limited respond !

Scenario:1
after all appeal dismissed if someone reapply for a visa and and again visa is refused,then does applicant got 28 days to decide for applying another visa or applicant will get in-country appeal after October 2014 ? and does those time is countable for 10 years time ?

Scenario:2
what is the current waiting time for upper tribunal and court of appeal hearing ?

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 am

Hello Experts !!! I think I always asked very difficultly question and get very limited respond !

Scenario:1
after all appeal dismissed if someone reapply for a visa and and again visa is refused,then does applicant got 28 days to decide for applying another visa or applicant will get in-country appeal after October 2014 ? and does those time is countable for 10 years time ?

Scenario:2
what is the current waiting time for upper tribunal and court of appeal hearing ?

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:37 am

perez2014 wrote:Hi all,

I have been a silent reader of the forum.

Here is my situation, I have apply to ILR based on a 10 years long residence.
-student visa for 8 years student visa
-5 years EEA card due to my wife.

Do you think that by applying for the set LR instead of a EEA4 should be a problem?

I am wondering that the HO will ask why didn't apply for EEA4 instead?

Please help me!

Thanks
There's no reason to exercise fear over your application, provided you have ten years continous residence, it doesn't what route you switching from. They can't refer to EEA4 in your case, it's your choice to choose what route you want to use for your ILR. ALMIGHTY GOD WILL GRANT YOUR REQUEST. DONT WORRY