ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving back to UK on my wife and sons british nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ykum
Newly Registered

Moving back to UK on my wife and sons british nationality

Post by ykum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi

I am currently on ILR I am not applying for Naturalisation as I have to be in India for next 3-4 years due to personal reasons. But I have applied for naturalisation for my son and wife as they are eligible for it.

As my ILR will expire after 2 years, can I ask my wife to sponsor my dependent visa/ ILR ?

Am I eligible for Right to Abode or some sort of long term visa

Is there any way I can keep my ILR valid by vising UK quiet often or staying certain number of days

Many thanks in advance for your response

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Moving back to UK on my wife and sons british nationalit

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 pm

ykum wrote:As my ILR will expire after 2 years, can I ask my wife to sponsor my dependent visa/ ILR ?
yes
Am I eligible for Right to Abode or some sort of long term visa
No
Is there any way I can keep my ILR valid by vising UK quiet often or staying certain number of days
No. Visiting is not enough. You need to be residing.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

ykum
Newly Registered

Post by ykum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Jambo

Thanks for the response.

If my wife can sponsor my ILR how long I need to stay on ILR before I can apply for british citizenship ?

Does she need to show her job contract/ savings for sponsorship for sponsoring me ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 pm

5 years. Your wife will have to show minimum annual earnings of £18,600 in order to sponsor you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.