ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Holiday Visa

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinayrao
Newly Registered

Working Holiday Visa

Post by vinayrao » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:11 pm

Can anyone please advise me if I can take up any job in UK, while on a working holiday visa. I have heard from people that we are not allowed to take up permanent jobs, only temporary jobs are allowed. Is this true?

Your response to this would be greatly appreciated.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:13 pm

You can take up any kind of job when you are on a WHV
Where there is a will there is a way.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:54 am

@Chess

did you mean any kind of job but only 20hrs per week ???

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:59 am

Any job and any hours subject to meeting the relevant legislation as per the working time directive - I believe this is 48 hrs/week averaged over a 3 month period. Many places will ask you to sign a waiver so you can work till you literally drop if you wish. Some professions are exempt from the WTD such as junior doctors because there is a chronic shortage in the UK and if they were allowed to invoke the WTD not many hospitals would function.

Hope that helps.

calai

Post by calai » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:33 pm

Does it mean anyone on a work holiday visa for 2 years can work full time in the 1st year and switch to a work permit in the 2nd year?
I am a British National (Oversears) but not a Commonwealth citizen. I was a Commonwealth citizen from Hong Kong but not any more after the colonial rule ended. Am i qualified for this kind of visa?

cheers,
Caroline