ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Current salary

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayparmar

ILR - Current salary

Post by jayparmar » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I have question regarding ILR SET O form. Just to give you background, I have Tier 1 visa currently. I was permanant employee till few months back. But now I am doing contracting. So, I am going to show my permanent payslips to salary requirement. But there is a question in the form, which ask about current salary.

5.3 Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?

So currently my salary is very low as like most contractor and I get high dividend. So the question is, will it create any issue if I show my current salary very low. Also, Is it okay to dividend as a part of your current salary?

Thanks

neo25500
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Current salary

Post by neo25500 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I have left it blank as your income is not fixed per month assuming it has selfemployement income so no need to fill it as you have declared the earnings ahead in application.

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Probably not a good idea to leave it blank, as it is in the Finance section and I guess they might be quite keen to know what you're finances are like - to check if you are likely to be burden on the state. If your salary varies (as in my case), I would suggest you sum up your 12 month net salary and divide it by 12 and fill this box with the average figure.

Hope this helps.

jayparmar

Post by jayparmar » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:30 pm

I am contractor, and my salary is fixed (which I have set , becuase I am the director). But most of the income come as dividend as its saves some tax.

jayparmar

Post by jayparmar » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 pm

any more suggestion?

jovsta
Newly Registered

Post by jovsta » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:38 pm

jayparmar wrote:I am contractor, and my salary is fixed (which I have set , becuase I am the director). But most of the income come as dividend as its saves some tax.
I'll be go through ILR as well, self-employed, and for this section I'll shown my low monthly wage, and dividends in table 5.6. These will be backed up by a combination of bank statements, payslips and letter from my accountant.

J