ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary hours and salary reduction

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dr_fish13
Newly Registered

Temporary hours and salary reduction

Post by dr_fish13 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello All,

I got tier 2 general in May 2012. Since then I've been getting the salary mentioned on the COS (£23,000/ Year) for 37.5/ Week hours. Now, business is not great and company, along with others for few months wants to reduce my hours to 27/ Week and salary proportionately to £16600/ Year. This reduction is below the allowed 30%. I'm not sure about the following rules:

1. Can my salary be below £20,000 for few months?
(My appropriate salary was around £23,000 based on SOC at the time I got the VISA and the 20K was minimum salary requirement instead of current 20.5K for any tier 2 VISA)

2. In how many days the company needs to inform HO about this change using SMS? 28day or 10 working days for my case?
(policy guidance (04/2012) does not mention anything regarding days but it is mentioned 10 working days on the new one)

Your answers and advices are highly appreciated in advance.
Looking forward to hear the thoughts from GURUS.

Thanks a lot

dr_fish13
Newly Registered

Re: Temporary hours and salary reduction

Post by dr_fish13 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 pm

l would appreciate thoughts from members on my questions

Thanks

ayesha.aykhan

Re: Temporary hours and salary reduction

Post by ayesha.aykhan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi,

I have been exactly in same situation as you are. Temporary reduction in working hours for 30% and salary. which made my salary to 17K . Eventually i was made redundant from that company. Got curtailment letter, applied for new visa and got it without any issue.

I hope it will help you.