ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from Islamabad Paksitan (HSMP arroval under old rules)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:33 pm

Usman.Saleem and Raw, any updates on your EC, Its been a while now and I am getting worried why we are not hearing anything from BHC. Kindly provide updates.

RAW

Post by RAW » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:43 am

Dear HSMP07,
Worried for what.......your worry will not speedup the process.......anyways not got any reply from BHC......FedEx says the same line "passport is with BHC".......let see how much more time will BHC takes.....

Secondly,
Abdul Munaf has raised a very good question and I believe every new HSMP holder thinks on the same lines........for FLR age & earning plays the whole role......I think FLR is much easier if you can earn full point of age......this will reduce the salary points requirement.........as far as I m concerned if I got my EC then for FLR i've to show GBP 26K pa.......which I believe is possible........

but the big question.....should we leave our well established career and move to UK or not...........I've spoken on this issue with different people here in Pakistan and UK as well.......all have mixed opinions...........and by the way every opinion was based on their personal circumstance........some says its good opportunity but some says its not …….but at the end decision is upto us..........its we who have to think about our future cause one of gentlemen said that life should not be based on adventures it should always be based on precise calculations………

RAW

Post by RAW » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:36 am

HSMP07,
You can track ur passport status from these numbers 5827341-3......these are BDHC contact numbers..........they'll give you the exact status that at what stage ur application is rite now.........
I've been updated that process on my application has completed yesterday and by tomorrow or day after I’ll get my passport back :?: ........fingers crossed n hoping for the best ......

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:01 am

Thanks for the numbers and all the best for your EC. Yes the points that Abdul Munaf has discussed are worth reflecting upon. I think everyone who applies for any sort of immigration has deep down fears about whether it is the right step or not. Anyone who qualifies for HSMP no doubt must be well established here in Pakistan. We know about the unpredictable nature of the UK immigration policy...it changed back in Nov 2006 and affected so many..To be honest it was not fair for a lot of HSMP holders out there, and next it could be us also when the UK immigration policy is changed again. The decision is really up to us. I have a few aquaintances in UK who are HSMP holders and they did not face a lot of difficulty in getting jobs, but then from the forums we find out that the situation is not the same for many. The opinions are all mixed up, so its really hard to decide. Like my friend Raw has said, its really up to us.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:41 pm

hsmp and raw come uk.Leave on ALLAH,bcz at start everyone got problems but one day all set in uk by any means,extension is an issue,u can say 26000/year nothing but not easy to have job like that,business is a best option, according to me.For this u need to be well versed abt Business type.
ANyhow watever is happened is happened for good.If got hsmp than destiny wants u in uk.
Best Of luck.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:13 pm

I am from Karachi, i have applied for HSMP and got my application approved. But now i have to apply for EC. Checklist provided in this forum is useful. I will be doing it. Or any updated checklist will be much appreciated. Which form i should fill for visa. What is the difference between settlement and non-settlement. Which form do i need to fill. One more question. Digital photos are accepted or not?.

hsmp07

Re: Hi All,

Post by hsmp07 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:04 am

jimmymcad wrote:I am from Karachi, i have applied for HSMP and got my application approved. But now i have to apply for EC. Checklist provided in this forum is useful. I will be doing it. Or any updated checklist will be much appreciated. Which form i should fill for visa. What is the difference between settlement and non-settlement. Which form do i need to fill. One more question. Digital photos are accepted or not?.
You need to fill VAF1 form which is a non-settlement form, on the website for BHC they have provided requirements for the photo that is needed...I dont know whether digital are acceptable.

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:15 pm

By grace of Almighty Allah I've got my EC for next two years ...........I thanks this valuable forum for all the guidances throughout my HSMP process.......this forum rocks!!!

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:10 pm

RAW wrote:By grace of Almighty Allah I've got my EC for next two years ...........I thanks this valuable forum for all the guidances throughout my HSMP process.......this forum rocks!!!
Heartiest congratulations, so when are you planning to leave for UK? Good luck and best wishes!

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:49 pm

congratulations RAW bro, on getting HSMP Visa Stamped.
May Allah Almighty give you success in your future.

Good Luck and best wishes.

Waheed

RAW

Post by RAW » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:44 pm

Thanks alot brother HSMP07 & Waheed........regarding leaving to UK.....I m little bit confused.......first of all, I can not leave before Eid-ul-fitar........secondly, I m confused that should I go immediately after 15th Oct or after new years holidays.......
anyways, thanks again

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:05 am

Yesterday, Saturday, I received my passports with 2 year visa stamped on them. This forum has been very helpful indeed. Thanks to all the members of this board.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:27 pm

hsmp07 Bro

Congrats on getting the HSMP visa stamp

May Allah Almighty give you also success in your future.

Good Luck and best wishes for the future.

Regards

Waheed

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:48 pm

waheed wrote:hsmp07 Bro

Congrats on getting the HSMP visa stamp

May Allah Almighty give you also success in your future.

Good Luck and best wishes for the future.

Regards

Waheed
Thanks a lot Waheed, Good luck to you too :)

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:57 pm

Dear Forum Memebers

Fedex/Gerry have started to take the finger print scan at the time of submission of the application.

So still there are chances of the interview or interview now skipped.

Plz people applying for EC in Pakistan reply

Regards

waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:49 am

Its Urgent.

Still waiting for some Pakistani brother to respond.

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Today Submitted mine , spouse and daughter's application at the Lahore Gerry's Office.

Following is the website of the Gerrys UK Visa Application Center.

http://www.ukvacpk.com/

They said to contact after 4 days to check either the passports are back with HSMP visa stamped or passports back with the refusal letter.

I think the Gerry guys are working quite efficiently after recent changes. they said that some cases were cleared in two days also.

Regards

Waheed

scholarshk

New VAFs

Post by scholarshk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:25 pm

Hello Mr. Waheed,

You applied today (29th Oct) from Lahore office, please tell that did the VAC mentioned anything about (or preferred) the new Visa Applcation forms starting from today?

Was there any list they had with them that they tick marked ?

Also please can you kindly provide list what you provided with the sequence of documents.

Thanks and Regards,

SHK

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:11 am

I provided the following documents

Covering Letter mentioning the detail of the documents enclosed.

3 VAF1 Forms
3 Passports
Tubercolsis Certificate for myself and my spouse
all original degree certificates (myself)
all original degree certificates (my spouse)
English language Certificate from the University stating the medium of instruction is English ( as I have applied under old scheme when 65 points were required)
Nikkah Nama Urdu
Nikkah Name English
Daughters Birth certificate
Gratuity Letter from Employer
Mine Bank Statement
Spouse Bank Statement
Reference letter from Employer
Yearly Salaty certificate
Monthly Salary Certificate
I.T Return for 2006
I.T Return for 2007
Letter from Chamber of Commerce

VAC guys checked the three VAF1 forms and asked me to write the date (I have written after HSMP approval) in the section when u will leave to UK.

They said to attach the photocopy of all academic documents, Nikkah Nama, NIC, Passport.

After mentioning intended departure date, I got the form rechecked and the guy signed on the 3 forms and sent me to the HSBC bank inside the VAC where i deposited RS 75600 (25000 HSMP fee for each applicant and 200 each service charges)

Then they said me to go upsatirs in the Biometrics and photo

After that they said me to phone after 4 days to check the status.

The whole process took about approximately 3 hours

Regards

Waheed

scholarshk

Thanks

Post by scholarshk » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:20 pm

Thanks for the reply Mr. Waheed.

Good luck in EC to you and all other Pakistani brothers and sisters.

SHK

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:56 am

On Thursday when I called Gerrys Office to inquire the status, they told me to call on Friday, when I called on Friday they said that It will take 10 to 15 working days . At the time of submitting the application the Gerry people said that it will be all done in 4 days.

Yeesterday I called my bank to check my account balance, they told me that they hav econfirmed the balance to the BHC islamabad on Wednesday.

I am getting nervous/confused with the passage of time and what Gerry guy said at the time of submitting the application and what thet are saying now.

Anyone with recent EC experience from Pakistan share experience will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Waheed

scholarshk

Verification

Post by scholarshk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:08 am

Hello Mr. Waheed,
AoA

Have faith in Allah and don't worry.

Did the BHC verified from your employer ?

Regards,

SHK

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:31 am

Dear waheed,

Don't worry for the time they are taking... Just hope for approval!

I'm going to apply from Islamabad in next couple of weeks.

Regards,
JD
waheed wrote:On Thursday when I called Gerrys Office to inquire the status, they told me to call on Friday, when I called on Friday they said that It will take 10 to 15 working days . At the time of submitting the application the Gerry people said that it will be all done in 4 days.

Yeesterday I called my bank to check my account balance, they told me that they hav econfirmed the balance to the BHC islamabad on Wednesday.

I am getting nervous/confused with the passage of time and what Gerry guy said at the time of submitting the application and what thet are saying now.

Anyone with recent EC experience from Pakistan share experience will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:18 am

Dear scholarshk

They have not verified from my employer yet, they have only confirmed the balance from the bank.

They have confirmed from the employer and the Income tax Department at the time of HSMP approval

I think at the time of EC they will confirm from the bank and the address in UK I have given.

Regards

Waheed

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 am

Dear All,
Its gud to c loads of Pakistanis filing for EC and HSMP. I m from Khi and applied for initial HSMP application on 27th of sept, got refusal from HO on 17th of Oct. Reason of my refusal was my ITR and wage slips did not corroborate with each other ( which i believe did) anyways..i faxed HO my request of review on 31-10-2007. they have received it and it has been also assigned to case worker..since then, no updates as HO ppl now more strict towards disclosing anythin on telephone. I tried 4 times..but can not get an update from them..well jus waiting for my revised decision to be taken.... I will pray all of u that u all will get EC inshallah...specially Waheed and JD. I think we all pakistanis shud share our experiences regarding initial HSMP application and EC.
Asim