ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Online Form Guidance needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khantier2
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Online Form Guidance needed

Post by khantier2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi. I am applying for my partner to join me from India on Tier 2 dependent visa. I have a question while selecting the form online.
The form that are available are Tier 2 generel Partner & Tier 2 General Shortage occupancy partner. Which one should i select? Please can anyone help me .

North Pole

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Online Form Guidance needed

Post by North Pole » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:47 pm

You should be knowing whether your job is listed currently in the shortage occupation list or not. What is your SOC code/ job designation?

khantier2
Newly Registered

Post by khantier2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:21 pm

My job code is D03300 - Prof Prod.Dev. Syst.Eng&Design . If i'm working on shortage occupancy job , does my wife also need to aply on the same category under Tier 2 as a dependent.

Thanks for answering..

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm not sure your code is right one. It's a 4 digit number listed in the code of practice of skilled workers. Google it and check in that PDF. And yes I believe so your dependant should apply under the same category as yours. The whole point of shortage occupation that they pay reduced fee compared to normal tier 2 G.

khantier2
Newly Registered

Post by khantier2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:50 pm

I did check up the PDF and it comes under shortage occupancy. The reason i dont know being my company applied for me and they wont apply for partners if the application is made later.

I have another question with regards to the maintenance of funds. Do i need to provide 630 pounds for maintenance for a period of 90 days or do i need to provide 940( for myself ) + 630 ( partner ) pounds for a period of 90 days. I had applied for my visa 3 months back and so my partner would be applying from India.

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:24 pm

No, you don't have to show funds for you as you have already obtained your visa. You must only show for your spouse £630. Confirm with your company that your job doc code falls under shortage occupation else your dependant application might get rejected if you apply under that category.

khantier2
Newly Registered

Post by khantier2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:24 am

Ok. I also wanted to know if there is need to prove english language capabilities in order to apply for this visa. Can anyone list the actual documents required by the british embassy. Thanks

arselers
Newly Registered

Post by arselers » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

No english requirement required for dependent visa