ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1with child's expired visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kans75

MN1with child's expired visa

Post by kans75 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi
Me and my wife received ILR last week after 6 months of wait. My daughter -5 yr old, was born in uk and
didnt include her for ILR application. Her limited leave to remain expired in May 14 and was informed that she can be registered as a british citizen as v both got ilr status now.

The mn1 guide is ambiguous and does not cover these detail. A bit surprised of fees not mentioned in the mn1guide .Checked in different website and believe is £669 .

I am planning to submit the following docs.
passports-self, wife, child
brp-same as above
marriage certificate
childs full uk birth certificate

I am not sure if i need more documents and if childs visa expiry affect her application for british registration status.

Can anyone please advice

advance thanks

regds
k

Malik44

Re: MN1with child's expired visa

Post by Malik44 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Yes she is eligible to apply British citizenship certificate on MN1 form. Her expired leave doesnt effect her application. If you apply through NCS then you don't need to submit your original documents. NCS copied your documents attest it and send it to Home Office along with application. If you don't used NCS service than you need to send one either father or mother original Home office documents birth certificate and for safe side marriage certificate as well. And for payment sheet if you Google it like'' MN1 payment sheet'' 2 pages will appear print and fill that one as well fees is £669 yes

kans75

Post by kans75 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:23 am

Malik44 wrote:Yes she is eligible to apply British citizenship certificate on MN1 form. Her expired leave doesnt effect her application. If you apply through NCS then you don't need to submit your original documents. NCS copied your documents attest it and send it to Home Office along with application. If you don't used NCS service than you need to send one either father or mother original Home office documents birth certificate and for safe side marriage certificate as well. And for payment sheet if you Google it like'' MN1 payment sheet'' 2 pages will appear print and fill that one as well fees is £669 yes
Malik
Thanks for your swift reply.do u know if 1 can claim
Child benefit in their expired visa even though parents get their ilr.
Regds
K

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 am

They won't ask you for child's status to claim any benefits. All they are going to ask is birth certificate of your child.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:12 am

Yes you can claim child benefit when you claim 1st time child benefit HMRC might ask for original Home Office documents so I recomend you used NCS service in that case you have your original documents with you.

kans75

Post by kans75 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Malik44 wrote:Yes you can claim child benefit when you claim 1st time child benefit HMRC might ask for original Home Office documents so I recomend you used NCS service in that case you have your original documents with you.
Hi
I checked brent council website for NCS service and it states to produce the Ilr for parent and child for nationality.

There is no mention of the child's expired visa.
Even the mn1 guide does not cover this point and hence confusion.

Am I taking risk in sending the application?.I spent enough and want to be cautious.

Regds
K

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:49 pm

My daughter was born in UK and was on my dependant visa before I got the ILR. We didn't apply for her ILR because of advice received on this forum. Applied for her to be registered as british citizen and got approval without any problem.
If child is born in UK they are entitled to british citizenship regardless of their status in UK after their parent/s get ILR. You don't need to worry about it. You don't even need to submit the expired BRP if you have one.

kans75

Post by kans75 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:04 pm

akhurshid wrote:My daughter was born in UK and was on my dependant visa before I got the ILR. We didn't apply for her ILR because of advice received on this forum. Applied for her to be registered as british citizen and got approval without any problem.
If child is born in UK they are entitled to british citizenship regardless of their status in UK after their parent/s get ILR. You don't need to worry about it. You don't even need to submit the expired BRP if you have one.
HI Khurshid
Thanks.
Did you go thru NCS service or applied directly to HO?
Did you claim any child benefit whilst the decision was
Made in your child's application?

Regds
K

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:09 pm

The advice given on the forum is correct. You dont need to provide any visa/brp for the child. You will need to provide your ILR proof and your child's birth certificate.

I was in exactly the same situation last year and got approval without any issues. I used NCS but that was purely because I wanted to keep the originals myself.

Regarding the child benefit question what might be helpful for you to know is that when you apply for child benefit you can ask them to backdate it upto 3 months. I waited until my child's MN1 was approved before I applied for child benefit and had it backdated up to my ILR date which was within 3 months.
Its upto you but I would advice you not to apply for child benefit before MN1 approval just for the sake of playing safe. Considering the amount of money we spend on visa applications, child benefit is just peanuts. If you get approval within 3 months then you will still be able to claim the whole amount and wont lose anything.

Hope this helps mate.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 pm

I applied through NCS as I always try to keep my passport with me.

I applied for registration first and then I applied for her benefits but that does not make any difference.
Benefits do not impact the application as long you are entitled to those benefits.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:16 pm

As soon as you got your ILR you became entitled to claim Child Benefit. The fact that you have delayed making the claim has cost you money!

Make the claim as soon as you can.
John

kans75

Post by kans75 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi

Can any one advicef following referees are allowed:
1. Friend of mine who got her british citizenship this year who is housewife, knows me and my child for over 3 yrs.my kid is 5 yrs old.
2.friend of mine who is a company director of a limited company-IT knows me over 10yrs but does not hold British nationality.

Advance thanks
regards
k

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 am

kans75 wrote:Hi

Can any one advicef following referees are allowed:
1. Friend of mine who got her british citizenship this year who is housewife, knows me and my child for over 3 yrs.my kid is 5 yrs old.
2.friend of mine who is a company director of a limited company-IT knows me over 10yrs but does not hold British nationality.

Advance thanks
regards
k
Looks good to me