ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceeded 450days absence help pls

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

olax985
Newly Registered

Exceeded 450days absence help pls

Post by olax985 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for my british naturilization however I have been out of the country for more 549 days. I have been in the country since year 2000 and got my ILR in 2005. Most of the days absence were family holidays and university trips which was required as part of my course.

The most significant abscence was 18month (Sep 2011-March 2013) I spent in Africa(Nigeria) for my National youth service which is required of most Nigeria graduate to take so as to work in the country or for future political reasons. Although this was only for a year. The other 6month was spent travelling around West Africa. Prior to that, the total number of absence was less than 90days in total.

My question, if I apply and list all the time spent outside the country with prove of my Nysc letter for the one year period. Will my application will be accepted or is it best I wait till the times have lapsed?

Your reply will be appreciated.

Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Exceeded 450days absence help pls

Post by milan69 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:19 pm

If you are applying on the basis of 5 year residence and you have been out of the UK for more than 450 days you will have to apply for discretion and it is not guaranteed that the outcome will be 100% positive.
Having said that I was out of UK for more than 100 days in my final year and my application was approved without a problem.
Please read page 7-8:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... let-an.pdf
I am sometimes wrong.