ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with an "EEA Dependant" stamp

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nyclondontokyo
Newly Registered

Travelling with an "EEA Dependant" stamp

Post by nyclondontokyo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:09 pm

I applied for my EEA2 residence card in August but have yet to receive the card or a COA. I recently travelled to France and upon reentry into the UK with my husband, I received a 6-month "EEA Dependant" stamp (I think this used to be called a "Code 1A" stamp).
A week later I travelled without my husband to Italy and at immigration had a bit of trouble. I ended up with an immigration officer for whom it was her first day on the job, so a couple other immigration officers got involved in my case. One of them looked at my EEA Dependant stamp and asked me why I hadn't got my situation sorted yet. I wasn't sure what she meant by this, but after about 15 minutes of waiting I ended up with a second EEA Dependant stamp in my passport.
Am I not allowed to travel at all while I wait for my EEA2 card? Or did I just have a bit of trouble because my husband wasn't with me? I have some other travel plans lined up with my husband and am wondering whether I'll have any issue just getting another EEA Dependant stamp each time. Thanks all!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Travelling with an "EEA Dependant" stamp

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:43 pm

You can travel. You need to be patient with the border staff and explain, and ask to speak with a supervisor if needed.

Are you flying (in which case you come from a country which does not require visas to enter the UK)?

It is always good to carry a copy of your marriage certificate, and your COA from the Residence Card application.

Your right to be in the UK comes solely from your ongoing relationship to the EU citizen.

See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

ninou20
Newly Registered

Post by ninou20 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Good evening, I am Algerian nationality, and is currently a resident in Poland, married but not the one who for the children, my wife in the supply of travel to uk,Where he lives ' father for My wife,You could get visa family eea Live with my wife in uk We hope you help Thanks Wait for response

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 am

You should start a new thread with your details.

Ivanickova
Newly Registered

Post by Ivanickova » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi guys,
I ( European national ) and my spouse ( non European National -Costarican citizen ) would like to move and work in UK ( London ).
I have read many articles and stories about the EEA Dependant Ink Stamp and the EEA Family Permit but I am still not that sure if I do understand everything perfectly.
My spouse normally does not need a visitor visa to enter UK what sounds good but I would like to know if the EEA Dependant Ink Stamp from the UK Airport will be enough for obtaining the Insurance Number and working in London for first 6 months. We would apply for the Residence Card straight away after moving in.

Thank you so much for your help guys!

Have a nice day,
Regards
Michaela and Allan