ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Have faith

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Have faith » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Totally right Ket1 I totally agree with u, we need to encourage one another we need to help each other, right now all of us are at a low point hoping and praying that our visas go through, we need to continue to pray for each other, In'Shaa'Allah the best will happen, be positive for each other, it's a tiring and stressful time for all couples xx

sami3

Post by sami3 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Has0907 wrote:
pind_da_munda_786 wrote:Does anyone know what this status means:

"a decision on your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted", does it mean they have made a provisional decision and need more time to check?

What type of checks does this include? How long do these kind of checks take?? :S
Hi,

My wife received the same email and her visa was granted a few days after. As long as you've provided sufficient evidence to support your application Insha Allah you should hear back soon.

Timeline:

Application submitted: 18/07/2014
Visa granted: 06/08/2014
Every time i ask them about my wife's visa they send me this email. They have sent the same reply to my mp like couple of months ago.

@Has you were just lucky to get your wife's visa that quick. People are waiting here for ages, My application is not on hold neither they have any other reason to delay. I am earning 80% above the minimum threshold but still they are taking that long. And they always say that your application is not on hold but it has been delayed while they do further checks.

Applied: 20/01/2014
RFC: still waiting

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi Has0907,

I just noticed that you got RFC within weeks Ma sha allah, and before you heard you chased them up via email, so whens the first time you chased them after submission?

I submitted on the 15/09/2014, and I was not going to chase by email for a month thinking they have got such a backlog to clear. But just reading your email i think i should email before month is up.

Is this the email you use quoting the G... reference?

visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Good Luck Akhan47 hope its good news in sha allah!

And pind da munda786 when did you apply and from where if you don't mind me asking? when did you start chasing your application?

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:50 am

Ak khan i am waiting for your outcome. Because i also applied on 20 Jan 2014
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 am

Wife's cousin has the following time scale.

August 3 - Submitted at Lahore
Sept 9 - Ready for collection
Sept 11 - Passport with VISA collected. Visa Date Sept 2.

Seems like some people do get lucky and get processed applications quickly. The member Has0907 also had a very quick timescale.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:51 am

hi everyone, Any updates on RFCs today?

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 am

umeraali wrote:Hi Has0907,

I just noticed that you got RFC within weeks Ma sha allah, and before you heard you chased them up via email, so whens the first time you chased them after submission?

I submitted on the 15/09/2014, and I was not going to chase by email for a month thinking they have got such a backlog to clear. But just reading your email i think i should email before month is up.

And pind da munda786 when did you apply and from where if you don't mind me asking? when did you start chasing your application?

I applied early August 2014, started chasing after 2 weeks.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am

Conrats king2be98.
Can u please list of documents u submitted thanks.

king2be98 wrote:Wife's cousin has the following time scale.

August 3 - Submitted at Lahore
Sept 9 - Ready for collection
Sept 11 - Passport with VISA collected. Visa Date Sept 2.

Seems like some people do get lucky and get processed applications quickly. The member Has0907 also had a very quick timescale.

ras73
Newly Registered

Post by ras73 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 am

pind_da_munda_786 wrote:

I applied early August 2014, started chasing after 2 weeks.

Can you please share how to contact ukvi. I have applied for settlement visa of child 4 weeks ago in Islamabad and looking forward to know if child visa applications are also subject to be queued in context of backlog clearance or are categorised separately.

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:24 am

Refused because they are not satisfied I meet financial requirement. Tax letter clearly states I earned 21k but they said the letter from employer doesn't state annual gross income..
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am

Hi umeraali

My wife submitted her application on the 18/09/2014 and I sent them an email on 01/08/2014 to find out the status of the application. My solicitor also emailed them twice during this period and she received responses that my wife's application is currently under review.

I went through the UKVI website and completed the online form; quoting the GWF reference.

I'll be going Pakistan in a couple of weeks Insha Allah to spend some time with my wife before travelling back home with her. Please pray we have a safe journey back home. :D

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 am

akhan47 wrote:Refused because they are not satisfied I meet financial requirement. Tax letter clearly states I earned 21k but they said the letter from employer doesn't state annual gross income..

Sorry to hear that.

Were you applying as self employed?

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:49 am

the_silk_route wrote:
akhan47 wrote:Refused because they are not satisfied I meet financial requirement. Tax letter clearly states I earned 21k but they said the letter from employer doesn't state annual gross income..

Sorry to hear that.

No I have two jobs, non salaried
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 am

im really sory to hear that :( i was looking forward to some guys news on this forum
its so stupid they refuse over these reasons, what are they siting ther for then if they cannot be bothered to work out the annual salary and expect it there for them
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

sami3

Post by sami3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:59 am

akhan47 wrote:
the_silk_route wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that... it is just so unfair system

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 am

Is that the only point on the Notice of Refusal?

If so, then you have a very easy appeal that you'll win. If I were you in this situation, I wouldn't hold some of my cards back, it's so glaringly obvious that you would go all out and try and win this prior to court hearing. You make a short concise grounds of appeal and cover the one point they've refused on, give additional evidence if needs be and you'lll get an overturned decision. I can see this one being overturned in 2/3 months if you deal with it correctly. Also, don't use a solicitor, this is so easy anyone would win.

maha15
Newly Registered

Post by maha15 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 am

Hey all

i have applied for spouse visa on 6 may 2014 with cat A single job. I was going through my documents yesterday and i noticed that my employer letter shows the gross salary £19,475 but P60 shows £18,965.41. i dont know why this happened because my tax is paid directly through my company. any idea will it cause any problem with the application???

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:30 am

akhan47 wrote:
the_silk_route wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

What did the annual gross incomes for each of the jobs state?

When combined, did they both add up to over £18,600 per annum or did your employer make a mistake and put a lower amount down?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what jobs do you do?

Did your employer actually state your gross annual income on the letter or did he forget to mention your gross annual income?

Thanks

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:34 am

raholptl wrote:Conrats king2be98.
Can u please list of documents u submitted thanks.
Marriage Certificate
Employment letter on headed paper.
Wage slips, 7 months.
Last 2 P60s
Letter of employment, only 2 lines on it, stating name, address, start date and current salary.
Environment Agency Housing Status Letter.
Letter from dad regarding home ownership, signed by lawyer.
Current bank statements for 6 months and savings for 2 years.
No proof of subsistence, they met for the first time on their wedding day.

The rest is the standard stuff everyone is required to send.

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:28 pm

maha15 wrote:Hey all

i have applied for spouse visa on 6 may 2014 with cat A single job. I was going through my documents yesterday and i noticed that my employer letter shows the gross salary £19,475 but P60 shows £18,965.41. i dont know why this happened because my tax is paid directly through my company. any idea will it cause any problem with the application???
It doeant matter p60 is optional to send and that Is the tax year ur employment contract may not be from the tax year so it doeant matter its the gross anual salary in your contract or employment letter they look at, ensureing the bank statement and payslips match .

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 pm

akhan47 so sorry to hear that, what's ur solicitor said?

I don't understand if they are going to refuse people why do they take so long. I'm still waiting since dec 2013 with no response, don't know why it takes them so long.

umeraali

Post by umeraali » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:07 pm

AKHAN47 - Really sorry to hear about your refusal. They could have called employer for confirmation or asked you to provide a letter confirming Gross income.

Thanks HAS0907 for your response. I wish you and your wife all the best and safe journey back! :) I will also then go through the online system.

I am slightly worried because I did not provide P60s for the two jobs I applied with, just my wage slips x 6 for each, contracts x 2, employer letter x 2 and an increased salary letter on job one to say it will be increased as of October 2014 - Hope that its all enough I know P60 is optional hope it does not prejudice evidence in any way.

My salary on wage slip one two occasions was different to what went into bank accounts, but a day later it was corrected matching the exact amount on salary for example one month 1000 on salary slip, 900 went in on 29th August and then when error noticed 100 went in next day etc. My employer has explained the same and I have explained it again in my sponsor letter referring to right rule. Praying they do not kick up a fuss on these things which are simple if they look into it.

Thanks Pind da Munda for your information in regards to when you applied and chased.

Thanks Everyone!

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Have faith wrote:akhan47 so sorry to hear that, what's ur solicitor said?

I don't understand if they are going to refuse people why do they take so long. I'm still waiting since dec 2013 with no response, don't know why it takes them so long.
Bhc was waiting for the court case on income threshold to be resolved which has now been concluded and hence RFCs and refusals. They couldn't refuse applicants earlier on income threshold as there was a slight chance for it to be lowered and if they did refuse earlier than that would have been seen as unfair.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Ak khan so sorry to hear that... I was very excited that they start processing January Applicants.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Have faith

Post by Have faith » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:22 pm

tallojani thanks I'm aware of that but I'm over the income threshold and my husbands application is not on hold according to them so I don't know why it's still taking them so long.

They have said it's with a ECO so let's see how long now.