ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Failed asylum applying for a spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zimbabwean
Newly Registered

Failed asylum applying for a spouse visa

Post by Zimbabwean » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:42 pm

Hie everyone.

I am a failed asylum from Zimbabwe.Came to the UK in 2001 Applied for asylum which as refused(appeal).I have been living with my Husband since November 2004.He is also from Zimbabwe but has ILR (granted asylum status).We got married in July 2006 and applied for a spouse visa in September 2006.

I got a letter from HO in April 2007 asking for further evidence of our relationship and since then I have not heard a reply.

The evidence we provided was,council tax bill(both names),tel bill(my name),gas & electric bill(husband's name),Water bill(both names),his bank statements and payslips,letter from landlord about accormodation,Both our drivers licences.

The thing is we have only 2 bills in joint names,everything else is separate name but same address,do they consider this.Also I know that nowadays they don't consider incountry application.Currently Zimbabwean cant be deported thats why I am still here.Does anybody know what happens in this case and how long they take to make a consideration.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:43 pm

It could be quite a while, I'm afraid. Do you have a solicitor?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Zimbabwean
Newly Registered

Post by Zimbabwean » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:47 pm

No solicitor

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Failed asylum applying for a spouse visa

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:47 pm

Zimbabwean wrote:Hie everyone.

I am a failed asylum from Zimbabwe.Came to the UK in 2001 Applied for asylum which as refused(appeal).I have been living with my Husband since November 2004.He is also from Zimbabwe but has ILR (granted asylum status).We got married in July 2006 and applied for a spouse visa in September 2006.

I got a letter from HO in April 2007 asking for further evidence of our relationship and since then I have not heard a reply.

The evidence we provided was,council tax bill(both names),tel bill(my name),gas & electric bill(husband's name),Water bill(both names),his bank statements and payslips,letter from landlord about accormodation,Both our drivers licences.

The thing is we have only 2 bills in joint names,everything else is separate name but same address,do they consider this.Also I know that nowadays they don't consider incountry application.Currently Zimbabwean cant be deported thats why I am still here.Does anybody know what happens in this case and how long they take to make a consideration.
How did you marry without a certificate of approval (CoA)? Was it in the Church of England?

Zimbabwean
Newly Registered

Post by Zimbabwean » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:52 pm

We got married at the church of england.We first applied for the COA but got no response ,after 6 months of waiting we got married at the church of england.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Zimbabwean wrote:We got married at the church of england.We first applied for the COA but got no response ,after 6 months of waiting we got married at the church of england.
In cases like this the HO can take a long time making a decision - only for it to be refused. Zim is a special case, so you might have exceptional circumstances to apply from within the UK, especially since you also previously applied for asylum.

But people like avjones and victoria can tell you more details. I am just thinking that the decision will take longer than usual, even if they have just asked you for more details. Well, it's already taken a year, which is much longer than usual!

T-Jay
Newly Registered

Post by T-Jay » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:13 pm

i havea question for you.how did you apply forspouse visa inland without going back to zimbabwe?? did you get forms and address on the internet?? if so can you give me the link asi have a cousine in the samesituation asyou. please advise on how you did that. if i gather any information i will let you know.

thanx

T-Jay
Newly Registered

Post by T-Jay » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:21 pm

[quote="T-Jay"]i have a question for you.how did you apply for spouse visa inland without going back to zimbabwe?? did you get forms and address on the internet?? if so can you give me the link as i have a cousin in the same situation asyou. please advise on how you did that. if i gather any information i will let you know. he got married in church of england.

thanx

T-Jay

T-Jay
Newly Registered

Post by T-Jay » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:22 pm

hey avjones !!!

just aquickquestion. If one is trying to apply for spouse visa withing uk do they still have to use the VAF4 form considering the fact homeoffice has the applicant's passport?? I have heard of people making applications within UK butnot very sure how tehy do it.

thanx

T-Jay