ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits After ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Benefits After ILR

Post by tehminamazher » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi All,

Can some please tell me

What benefits one will be entitled after ILR ( all family will get ILR) in Feb 2015 in the following scenario
This will be their income for the last 12 months (Jan 2014 to Feb 2015)

Adult 1 working 30 + Hours = Gross £19,200 per anum (1600 per month)
Spouse Working 16 Hours = Gross £6,600 per anum ( 550 per anum)
Child One age = 13 Years
Child 2 age = 3 years

Privately renting 3 bedroom house £900.00 per month (Weekly LHA rate for authority = 227.25 per week)

What will be their benefits

WTC
CTC
HB

When they can start claiming these the moment they get ILR or some other date

Their benefits will be based on their last 12 months income or ????

Thanks in advance.

TM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefits After ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:08 am

If you complete the benefit calculator in the link below, you should get an idea. Tick that you are British to get to the next page when you do it

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:07 pm

When they are entitled to claim benefits they can back date to one month or three months.

Also which income period will be used and how long it takes for HMRC to award the benefits.

Thanks

TM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:44 am

Benefits are only relevant from the date of ILR, as before this you would not have been eligible. So it depends on when you apply for what you might be entitled to.

The income period used is generally the previous financial/tax year but you could ask them to consider your application on the current tax year.

How long does HMRC take?? Well, how long is a piece of string?? It really depends on what you are applying for and information supplied and if they need to more documents etc. But generally it shouldn't take months and months for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 pm

Thnaks CR001 for the reply,

My query is that these benefits are based on the previous year earnings, if someone gets ILR in Feb 2015 on which earning these benefits will be based upon.(Their income from Jan2014 to Feb 2015 or something else)

Also for how long they will be awarded the benefits as the tax year changes again in April 2015.

Thanks in advance

TM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:15 am

Why don't you contact HMRC and find out, their website is quite detailed with information. We don't necessarily know what, if any, changes will be in place next year.

They can assess on the current or previous years earnings, depends which you ask them to assess on, they calculate on tax year, not calendar month year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)