ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Vandan044 wrote:My timeline:

Biometric letter received:17/09/2014

Biometric enrolled: 17/09/2014

Please someone add my details on google drive.

Hello Vandan044,
Now the waiting begins. I wish you good luck.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:15 pm

shasus7 wrote:Dear lovely people here, just an update on my SET (LR) application if it helps anyone:

Application sent: 15/09/2014
Payment taken: 17/09/2014
Acknowledgement letter: Pending
Biometrics invitation: Pending
Biometrics completion: Pending
Decision: Pending

Thanks

Good luck shasus7, please update us with your progress.

tumbin
Newly Registered

Post by tumbin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:58 pm

April applicatns are still waiting, not many approvals for last 2 weeks. Seems HO need a push.
I agree with Shahjee that someone need to take over from him as he Shahjee will be more involve on Naturalisation forum :wink:

Do remember us in prays everyone. 3 more days have gone of this week :cry:

umamah
Newly Registered

Post by umamah » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:14 pm

How can I check google drive?

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:17 pm

tumbin wrote:April applicatns are still waiting, not many approvals for last 2 weeks. Seems HO need a push.
I agree with Shahjee that someone need to take over from him as he Shahjee will be more involve on Naturalisation forum :wink:

Do remember us in prays everyone. 3 more days have gone of this week :cry:

Hey Your timeline seems same as ours. Did you try to ring HO as we are bit stressed now. By looking googledrive few may applicants had their approval back.

Let me know if any update from your end.

Regards
Shez

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:18 pm

umamah wrote:How can I check google drive?

Shez

umamah
Newly Registered

Post by umamah » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks.

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 pm

hi tier 4 i made the application same day as urs but havent received biometrics.... poor me.
Tier 4 wrote:My Timeline:
Application sent: 22/08/2014
Application received: 26/08/2014 (They received late cos of Bank holiday)
Payment Taken: 29/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 01/09/2014
Biometric received: 12/09/2014
Biometric recorded:
Approval date:
Docs received:
BRP:

Trusted
Newly Registered

Post by Trusted » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 pm

fielddrive wrote:
Trusted wrote:Hi All,
Can you please tell me when you submit your application to HO for visa extension, do they keep the record that when (Date) this application was received. Suppose you have applied for your visa extension with in 28 days before your current leave expire but you have received your acknowledgement letter after expiring your visa. How can you prove that you had applied for your extension within your valid leave to stay at the time of applying for SET(LR)?
Thanks,

Yes, its called the Application raised date and is normally the date post marked on the envelope. You can get a copy of your SAR from HO which details all your applications to stay inside and outside the UK.
Dear Fielddrive,
Thank you for your quick reply. Could you please tell me what is meant by SAR? What is the procedure to ask HO for SAR. One important question, if someone has applied for visa extension in the past when his visa was expired for 3 or 4 days, does it count overstay and will it affect an application for SET(LR)?
Thank for your prompt reply.

Trusted
Newly Registered

Post by Trusted » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Dear ShahGee & S.Akaram
In 2008, I had applied my visa extension before my valid current visa expires but I have received acknowledgement letter when my current leave to remain was expired. I have received my acknowledgement letter 6 days after my leave expire. Now i have to apply for SET (LR) and I don’t remember exactly what date I applied for my extension in 2008 but i know very well that I had applied for extension before my current visa expires at that time. I sent my application as a special delivery. Do you think that i need to check with HO for my SAR? Do you think that there will be any problem with SET(LR) application? One important question, if someone apply 3 or 4 days after his current visa expires, does it come under overstay and would it affect SET(LR) application?
Thanks for both of you.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:03 am

Trusted wrote:Dear ShahGee & S.Akaram
In 2008, I had applied my visa extension before my valid current visa expires but I have received acknowledgement letter when my current leave to remain was expired. I have received my acknowledgement letter 6 days after my leave expire. Now i have to apply for SET (LR) and I don’t remember exactly what date I applied for my extension in 2008 but i know very well that I had applied for extension before my current visa expires at that time. I sent my application as a special delivery. Do you think that i need to check with HO for my SAR? Do you think that there will be any problem with SET(LR) application? One important question, if someone apply 3 or 4 days after his current visa expires, does it come under overstay and would it affect SET(LR) application?
Thanks for both of you.

Hello trusted ,

Hope you doing well ,
Well you asked about the receiving an acknowledgment letter after your visa expired :-

See cheer up :D and do not worry about it's normal that every one recieved their acknowledgment letter after their visa expired :P and normally every one send their visa for an extension few days before or exactly at the same day their visa expired through post ... It is all acceptable that you applied one or two day before or even the day your visa expired ... That's absolutely fine and according to the rules and regulation ... Home office check the date your visa expired and the date YOU send an application(by post ) , not the day ho office recieved your application ... We all did the same things in our last 10 years extension ..so don't u worry you will absolutely fine if you send your visa before or even the last date of expiring ... Home office record these sort of application as INTIME application and your long residencey is also not broken ...

As you said you are going to apply for SET(LR) and u don't remember the dates you applied then don't worry you don't need to write those dates on your application form and there is no any question asking you about the dates ,, HO must have all your application history in their system ...you only have to answer the question if you are over stayed ever and reason why ? thats it ....

Well if still you have doubt you can of course ask HO for SAR report ... It will tell you all your application history of last 10 years ... So you can request that for your own satisfaction ..

Now your last question , if you are applied any of your extension after expiring of your visa( even a single day ) then it should be considerd as Out of time application and could result a potential break in your long residency ... ... And those days are definitely count as over stay and really a very bad impact on the outcome of the SET(LR) application probably refused but with right to appeal ...however home office accepts special circumstances if you give them satisfactory reasonable reason which were out of your control ... Like post office workers strike , hospitalized ... Sick etc ...

Friendly advised to all who overstayed or applied any visa after their visa expired { here i mean first time they applying for an extension of their visa , not those whose application returned as invalid or rejected and they applied fresh application after expiring their visa } should consult good professional lawyer / solicitor / barrister for advice .
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5.0EXT.pdf

You can visit above link and read it related topic

Best of luck
Hope it helps
Regards,
S.Akaram
S.Akaram
Last edited by Shahkakaram on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:05 am

Dear Shahjee & all other respected members,
After waiting enough nearly 50 days for my SAR,I have no gaps or refusal just wanted to see SAR for peace of mind. Now I have decided to apply. Below are my details;

Application sent :15 sep 2014
DOCUMENTS
Application form with 2 photos with name written on the back
Both passports with BRP card
Master degree for English requirements
Life in the UK test pass certificate
Prepaid return envelope

I would like to thank SHAHJEE for your help and support in every step of the whole process. You are truly a good person helping out everyone here, taking out time from your busy schedule. Salute to you.God bless you.
I will keep it updated regarding the application process. Good luck to all who have applied or waiting.

April1111
Newly Registered

Post by April1111 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:48 am

Dear members,
I am planning to submit my 10 years long settlement application this week.
I have one problem is that the total days I was absent from the UK is 540 days, which is 1 day over the 539 days allowance.
Nearly 90% of the time I spent outside the UK was visiting my family.
During my first half year in the UK, I was under 16 and spent around one month during School holiday in my country with my family.
Can I ask what is the best way to explain the reason I exceeded the 539 days allowance? Even just for 1 day?
Thank you for your valuable advise :)

Trusted
Newly Registered

Post by Trusted » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 am

Shahkakaram wrote:
Trusted wrote:Dear ShahGee & S.Akaram
Thanks for both of you.

Hello trusted ,

Hope you doing well ,
Well you asked about the receiving an acknowledgment letter after your visa expired :-

See cheer up :D and do not worry about it's normal that every one recieved their acknowledgment letter after their visa expired :P and normally every one send their visa for an extension few days before or exactly at the same day their visa expired through post ... It is all acceptable that you applied one or two day before or even the day your visa expired ... That's absolutely fine and according to the rules and regulation ... Home office check the date your visa expired and the date YOU send an application(by post ) , not the day ho office recieved your application ... We all did the same things in our last 10 years extension ..so don't u worry you will absolutely fine if you send your visa before or even the last date of expiring ... Home office record these sort of application as INTIME application and your long residencey is also not broken ...

As you said you are going to apply for SET(LR) and u don't remember the dates you applied then don't worry you don't need to write those dates on your application form and there is no any question asking you about the dates ,, HO must have all your application history in their system ...you only have to answer the question if you are over stayed ever and reason why ? thats it ....

Well if still you have doubt you can of course ask HO for SAR report ... It will tell you all your application history of last 10 years ... So you can request that for your own satisfaction ..

Now your last question , if you are applied any of your extension after expiring of your visa( even a single day ) then it should be considerd as Out of time application and could result a potential break in your long residency ... ... And those days are definitely count as over stay and really a very bad impact on the outcome of the SET(LR) application probably refused but with right to appeal ...however home office accepts special circumstances if you give them satisfactory reasonable reason which were out of your control ... Like post office workers strike , hospitalized ... Sick etc ...

Friendly advised to all who overstayed or applied any visa after their visa expired { here i mean first time they applying for an extension of their visa , not those whose application returned as invalid or rejected and they applied fresh application after expiring their visa } should consult good professional lawyer / solicitor / barrister for advice .
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5.0EXT.pdf

You can visit above link and read it related topic

Best of luck
Hope it helps
Regards,
S.Akaram
S.Akaram
Dear S.Akaram,
Thank for your kind reply. One more question please, Where does HO takes the application date from? Do they take it from your Application Envelope Date (Stampes) and do they keep this record with themself?
Thanks in anticipation

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:58 am

its been a month now.. no email ... no biometrics so far :roll:

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:06 pm

Trusted wrote:
Dear S.Akaram,
Thank for your kind reply. One more question please, Where does HO takes the application date from? Do they take it from your Application Envelope Date (Stampes) and do they keep this record with themself?
Thanks in anticipation[/quote]

Hi Trusted ,

Where does HO takes the application date from? Do they take it from your Application Envelope Date (Stampes) ?

Well this is home office internal :D information of their procedures to get the Dates , But obviously they get the date the day you send them post ( special delivery , registered delivery , normal first class ) here actually the postal rules apply however if home office has got some other way to check or to get the dates than i am not aware of it or probably they have got system which is very unlikely , they got the date of posting from the envelope you send them , yes you are right normally its the stamped date on the envelope ..

do they keep this record with themself?

firstly , i didn't get you here ? you mean keep record of envelopes ???

Well again i am not sure what they do with the envelopes you send :) obviously after putting the dates in their system they probably throw those envelope or recycling ...or probably only cut that particular portion of the envelope and stuck in your files .... :lol: there may be several possibilities ...

I have seen my acknowledgment letter they never mention clearly the date they recieved the documents neither they do mentioned the date you send them application ...they only date on the top when they printed the acknowledgement is there ,..but i think they mentioned these on SAR file ......

Hope its help ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 pm

fielddrive wrote:its been a month now.. no email ... no biometrics so far :roll:
Hi fielddrive,
Relax and enjoy the waiting. I believe your Biometric Letter will be with you by the end of this week or by weekend.

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:40 pm

salam to all
can any one plz tell me if someone have one or two default accounts on credit report but no ccj and nothing else.Does it make difference .As in set lr from they dont ask for default account. can someone specially shagee have any idea about this.

Thanks

Wassalm

faddy
Newly Registered

Post by faddy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Hey all

I received an email today from home office confirming receipt of application. Is this normal???

My time line is
Application date: 29/08/2014
Acknowledgement Letter: 02/09/14
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 07/09/2014
Email Received from HO: 18/09/2014

The actual email says as follow:

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your payment has been processed and your application is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link:

Permanent migration team

faddy
Newly Registered

Post by faddy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Spatacus wrote:
fielddrive wrote:its been a month now.. no email ... no biometrics so far :roll:
Hi fielddrive,
Relax and enjoy the waiting. I believe your Biometric Letter will be with you by the end of this week or by weekend.
Hey fielddrive

Dont worry it should be with us asap keep your spirits high...... :roll:

Faddy

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 pm

faddy wrote:Hey all

I received an email today from home office confirming receipt of application. Is this normal???

My time line is
Application date: 29/08/2014
Acknowledgement Letter: 02/09/14
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 07/09/2014
Email Received from HO: 18/09/2014

The actual email says as follow:

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your payment has been processed and your application is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link:

Permanent migration team
Hello Faddy,
Yes I think this is new to HO.They are now sending ack letter by email to applicants. Suppose they are sending biometric letter by email as well that would make the application process more easier and quicker for everyone + it will save them the hassle and money on postage too. To me I think HO should be sending ack and biometric letters by emails.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Hello my able forum members and moderators.
Could you please update google drive with my details.

My Timeline

SET (LR) application sent on 29/08/2014
Application Received on 01/09/2014
Application fee deducted on 02/09/2014
Acknowledgement dated on 02/09/2014
Acknowledgement received on 07/09/2014
Biometric dated on ........................................
Biometric received on ....................................
Biometric enrolled on ....................................
Docs received on ............................................
BRP approval dated on ..................................
BRP received on .............................................

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:12 pm

urgent attention required please,

while applying for long residence ilr do we need to Tick the box which says"have you ever overstayed beyond your leave to remain expiry" if we have overstayed less than 28 days just because of invalid application which was resubmitted within 8 to 10 days.

thanks

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:21 pm

tanzeela wrote:hi tier 4 i made the application same day as urs but havent received biometrics.... poor me.
Tier 4 wrote:My Timeline:
Application sent: 22/08/2014
Application received: 26/08/2014 (They received late cos of Bank holiday)
Payment Taken: 29/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 01/09/2014
Biometric received: 12/09/2014
Biometric recorded:
Approval date:
Docs received:
BRP:
May be on its way, hope you will get it soon.
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:23 pm

When exactly did you apply?
N/A