ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application concerns.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eea citizen
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application concerns.

Post by Eea citizen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi to all,

I am EEA citizen. 1.5 years ago was issued with Permanent Residence card and recently have apply for the British citizenship.

TWO THINGS which bothers me a lot as my BC apply can be refused.

1. I have declared 350 days of continuosly absence from UK within 6 years but can't remember all my little abcence 2-3 weeks EU holiday in last 6 years. All together absence would be just 450 days but unfortunately can't remember exact dates for all absence.

It is difficult to remember as I am traveling with ID card or EU passport throught UK border with no stamps.

However, my last year absence was under 90 days which i have declared in BC application in correct dates.

I have provide most of bank statements during 6 years and confirmation letter from my landlord as i was continuosly paid the house sharing rent within my absence. Also provide all P60's in last 6 years. however one P60 showing very little income as my long abcence from UK.
Life in the Uk test + B1 exam is done.

the Permament residence permit was issued 1.5 years ago without problem.

On the UK border my EU passport is check under UV-scan so not evidence of my arrival or departure?

member Gyfrinachgar wrote that all EU ID cards or EU passports are are put on scanner but i was always put under UV-lamp only.

member Sum1 wrote : ''I do not think it is legally possible at the moment to store travel data of EU citizens''.

member Jumbo wrote: ''I would not worry too much, if you don't "forget" a 3 months trip, you will probably not cross the threshold by much even if you miss out some trips''.

link from year 2012 is here :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 12017.html

I was told that Permanent residency EEA apply centre is different from BC apply centre.

...........................................................................................................................................................

2. I was cought for drink driving in New Zealand (4 years ago on tourist visa). i had a court hearing there, was relief but I did not paid the fine and just leave the country.

It might become an international criminal offence and will show in UK system check.

My UK immigration advisor said i dont need to fill this in BC apply but I am still concern as he doesnt have that immigration experience as people on the immigrationbords.com.

once again my Permanent residence permit was issued 1.5 years ago without problem.

Thank you very much for your kind suggestions.

Regards

Eea citizen
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application concerns.

Post by Eea citizen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Can anyone help me with this please? I am stressed as my BC might be refused.
Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 am

You should be all right if your absences are under 450 days and 90 days in the final year.
HO states that information you provide should be to the best of your knowledge.
I had 120 days of absences in my final year, applied for discretion and had my approval in 8 weeks.
I am sometimes wrong.

Eea citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Eea citizen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reply

Yeah, I am in the box but how HO is able to check it anyway?

What do you suggest about NZ unpaid court fine ( 4years ago ).

I am waiting for approval for over 4 months now :-(

EEA4 ( PR card ) and BC applications have different absence requirements.

Regards

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:06 pm

If HO has a serious concern I am sure they could find a way to check it, but I am talking about serious and extreme cases.
As far as NZ is concerned I don't think that is an issue at all and in if I was in your place I would not worry as it has nothing to do with BC application whatsoever.
I am sometimes wrong.

Pari_in_kwest

Timeline absences

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:50 am

I'm an international aid worker and have been doing this for the last 14 years. My work involves extensive travelling.

I have ILR and had exceeded the required amount of days in the past before I applied for ILR last year. However, the CW applied discretion and I was granted ILR. I received my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency last year in Jan. As some of you may remember, I lost my mum on the same day and HO had to fast-track my case, which they very kindly did. I spent over a month back in the country of my origin when I went for my Mum's funeral.

When I returned back to the UK I was offered aid work by the World Bank. Hence, I was absent for over 200 days. In the last five years I had been absent for 635 days. During my work abroad, I would come back to the UK after every 80-85 days for about 10 days for my annual leave. I maintained my residence here I.e. never gave up my house and continued paying rent using direct debit. I've a letter from my landlord who has 30 other properties in the country that's what he does for living so can prove that I maintained links. I also paid my taxes here.

I'm a bit hesitant to apply for naturalisation as it's a lot of money and have exceeded the number of absences last year as well as the 5 year period. At the same time, I feel I should give it a go, as more travels are in the pipeline, and travelling will always remain a issue.

Please can anyone advice?

Thanks
Pari

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:53 am

I am sometimes wrong.

Pari_in_kwest

Post by Pari_in_kwest » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks for the clarifications but can anyone share their success stories where they had cross 90 days period and were absent for over 200 days in the final year? And what documents did you submit?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:16 pm

For all the time here I have never come across anyone who was absent for more than 180 days in the final year and had the application approved.
I am sometimes wrong.