ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bammu

Help on British Citizenship

Post by bammu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi Moderators

Please reply , i got ILR in 2010 planning to apply for naturalization now.
My first son got ILR in july 2013 and went back to india with my wife for second son delivery.
He entered the country again this month 9th september 2014. Almost one year out of country.
Can i include him my application is he eligible ?.

My second son got ILE in india and entered the country 9th september. Is he also eligible.

I went thru FAQ ; Is it applies for my sons.
Q2: My child has been away from the UK. Can he apply for Registration?

There are no residential requirements for application under section 1(3) (child born in the UK before parent was granted ILR/PR).

If application under section 3(1) (children born abroad) - There are no residential requirements for children under 13 years old. Children 13-16 years old are expected to have lived in the UK for 2 years before applying. Children who moved to the UK aged 16 or more are likely to get refused and should apply as adults once they meet the Naturalisation requirements

OR they can apply because of the below case.
And i went thru MN1 Guidance :
Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one or
more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition of
British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family
application”.
Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s discretion and will
usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British
citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is settled in the UK.

Thanks
Bammu

bammu

Urgent Help on BC for my Sons !!!!!

Post by bammu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Moderators

Please reply , i got ILR in 2010 planning to apply for naturalization now.
My first son got ILR in july 2013 and went back to india with my wife for second son delivery.
He entered the country again this month 9th september 2014. Almost one year out of country.
Can i include him my application is he eligible ?.

My second son got ILE in india and entered the country 9th september. Is he also eligible.

I went thru FAQ ; Is it applies for my sons.
Q2: My child has been away from the UK. Can he apply for Registration?

There are no residential requirements for application under section 1(3) (child born in the UK before parent was granted ILR/PR).

If application under section 3(1) (children born abroad) - There are no residential requirements for children under 13 years old. Children 13-16 years old are expected to have lived in the UK for 2 years before applying. Children who moved to the UK aged 16 or more are likely to get refused and should apply as adults once they meet the Naturalisation requirements

OR they can apply because of the below case.
And i went thru MN1 Guidance :
Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one or
more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition of
British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family
application”.
Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s discretion and will
usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British
citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is settled in the UK.

Thanks
Bammu

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help on British Citizenship

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 am

You'd stand a better chance if your spouse had ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.