ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jessie55
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Jessie55 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Dear All,
I was a silent member of this forum for some time.
Today I received my supporting documents back and a letter to say that I should receive my BRP soon. The long wait is finally over!
I would like to share my timeline with you:
Application sent: 28th May 2014
Biometric letter received: 14th June 2014
Biometric recorded: 16th June 2014
Approval date: 16th September 2014
Docs received: 18th September 2014
BRP: Waiting
My application was straight forward. I have spent 7 years as a student, 2 years on PSW and 1 year on Tier 2.
I wish all the best to those who are still waiting. The good news will come soon :D
I would also like to say thank you to all the members who keep this forum thread going. You guys are doing a great job!

faddy
Newly Registered

Post by faddy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Spatacus wrote:
faddy wrote:Hey all

I received an email today from home office confirming receipt of application. Is this normal???

My time line is
Application date: 29/08/2014
Acknowledgement Letter: 02/09/14
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 07/09/2014
Email Received from HO: 18/09/2014

The actual email says as follow:

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your payment has been processed and your application is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link:

Permanent migration team
Hello Faddy,
Yes I think this is new to HO.They are now sending ack letter by email to applicants. Suppose they are sending biometric letter by email as well that would make the application process more easier and quicker for everyone + it will save them the hassle and money on postage too. To me I think HO should be sending ack and biometric letters by emails.

Hey spatacus

I wish they could do this and make a hell lot easier process but lets see when they do this.

I did noticed that your and mine application had been posted on same day with exactly same response. Good luck may be in four months time we both will get back same time.. yaaay

Btw is your case straight forward or any complications>>?????

Thanks Faddy

faddy
Newly Registered

Post by faddy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Jessie55 wrote:Dear All,
Today I received my supporting documents back and a letter to say that I should receive my BRP soon. The long wait is finally over!
My application was straight forward. I have spent 7 years as a student, 2 years on PSW and 1 year on Tier 2.
I wish all the best to those who are still waiting. The good news will come soon :D
I would also like to say thank you to all the members who keep this forum thread going. You guys are doing a great job!

Many congrats to you dear Jessie And Enjoy your freedom :D :D :D

Good luck and thanks for wishing for all of us.

joanie

Post by joanie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Hello everybody
Just got a letter from HO issuing a cheque refund for £ 0.15 ( yes, u read it right £0.15 :roll: ) on my spouse's name. My spouse had varied his application from FLR FP to FLR M on the same day I varied my application to SET LR on 10th of September 14. We had paid correct fees for both the sets thtough postal order. Yesterday I even received a biometric letter for my spouse again, but no acknowledgement letter for FLR M was received, though a letter was there stating thank you for application on permission to stay in the UK. I am in my wits end how did that refund happen? I mean I have paid just the right fees.
Can anybody suggest me what should I do now?
pls suggest.
regards Joanie

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Hello jessie55,

Our heartiest congratulation :P :P
Enjoy your freedom ,
Thanks for sharing this good news with us ....
Regards ,
S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:58 pm

shahfurqan wrote:urgent attention required please,

while applying for long residence ilr do we need to Tick the box which says"have you ever overstayed beyond your leave to remain expiry" if we have overstayed less than 28 days just because of invalid application which was resubmitted within 8 to 10 days.

thanks

Hello Shahfurqan ,

Logically you have to say YES :D but Technically it should be treated DISREGARDED :P

Here you have to check the when your application was returned you as INVALID if it is before 9th April 2012 Then these 8 to 10 days are disregarded and if its after 9th April 2012 still it should be disregarded :lol: you have to says YES and explain the reason with the time lines if you remember the times ...

And let suppose if you say NO to that question , it should not be bothered by the case worker because you know according to rules it should be disregarded and also make sure what actually the " invalid letter " saying you about the re applying of the fresh application .... Depends from case to case ....

Very Good Question really helpful for all the members of this forum and if any member disagree with my opinion kindly correct me here .. :)

best of luck with your app
Regards ,
S.Akaram

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:

while applying for long residence ilr do we need to Tick the box which says"have you ever overstayed beyond your leave to remain expiry" if we have overstayed less than 28 days just because of invalid application which was resubmitted within 8 to 10 days.

thanks

Hello Shahfurqan ,

Logically you have to say YES :D but Technically it should be treated DISREGARDED :P

Here you have to check the when your application was returned you as INVALID if it is before 9th April 2012 Then these 8 to 10 days are disregarded and if its after 9th April 2012 still it should be disregarded :lol: you have to says YES and explain the reason with the time lines if you remember the times ...

And let suppose if you say NO to that question , it should not be bothered by the case worker because you know according to rules it should be disregarded and also make sure what actually the " invalid letter " saying you about the re applying of the fresh application .... Depends from case to case ....

Very Good Question really helpful for all the members of this forum and if any member disagree with my opinion kindly correct me here .. :)

best of luck with your app
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Hi S.Akaram what do mean by "make sure what actually the " invalid letter " saying you about the re applying of the fresh application .... Depends from case to case ...." am asking this because i had an invalid application previously in 2011 due to passport photos, which i sent back within a week of recieving the invalid letter.
Also, in my SET (LR) application i ticked the NO box...i hope this will not affect my application.
Thanks for your help.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:14 pm

shahsahab wrote:salam to all
can any one plz tell me if someone have one or two default accounts on credit report but no ccj and nothing else.Does it make difference .As in set lr from they dont ask for default account. can someone specially shagee have any idea about this.

Thanks

Wassalm
Salam Shahsahab ,
Hello ,

NO it will make no any difference OR affects to the positive out come of your application provided all other conditions are met for SET(LR)...Default accounts are NOT the crime ..confidently apply for it and wishing you good luck :lol:
for more information please visit the link below :-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_EXT.pdf

Hope its help ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:25 pm

rashenikki wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:

S.Akaram
Hi S.Akaram what do mean by "make sure what actually the " invalid letter " saying you about the re applying of the fresh application .... Depends from case to case ...." am asking this because i had an invalid application previously in 2011 due to passport photos, which i sent back within a week of recieving the invalid letter.
Also, in my SET (LR) application i ticked the NO box...i hope this will not affect my application.
Thanks for your help.
Hello Reshenikki ,

"make sure what actually the " invalid letter " saying you about the re applying of the fresh application .... Depends from case to case ...."

Here i mean the guideline given by the home office on their website are clear on the disregarded of 28 days , However one must have to read their Home office letter what actually it is saying about the invalid application ...all invalid applications are not treated same ..so i was talking about in general ....And particularly in your case you will be okay should not be problem ....apply it confidently ...wish you all the best ...

Regards ,
S.Akaram

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Hello Reshenikki ,

"make sure what actually the " invalid letter " saying you about the re applying of the fresh application .... Depends from case to case ...."

Here i mean the guideline given by the home office on their website are clear on the disregarded of 28 days , However one must have to read their Home office letter what actually it is saying about the invalid application ...all invalid applications are not treated same ..so i was talking about in general ....And particularly in your case you will be okay should not be problem ....apply it confidently ...wish you all the best ...

Regards ,
S.Akaram
THANKS!!! applied in June - fingerscrossed!

Rudy da boy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR check and send 2014....

Post by Rudy da boy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Dear All,

I applied ILR on 01st June 2014,I got simple Caution from the police on 04/09/2014
does simple police caution will effect my ILR application under new rules?

Please be sure the caution I am talking is no court involvement at all.
Please write here or PM me if you have any information.

Rudy...

taz123
inactive

Post by taz123 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 pm

joanie wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
joanie wrote:Hello moderators and everybody
I posted my Set LR as variation of FLR FP day before yesterday via special delivery and yesterday I received biometric invitation for the existing application. It asks to record biometric within 15 days and the letter is dated 4 september. Do I need to go for biometric soon or just wait for acknowledgement letter of Set LR?
Pls give me your opinion.thanks
Hi joanie,
I would suggest to go and record the biometric details, its not a lot of money, but if you didn't record they might send your initial application back to you, and that will be a problem. You don't want the process on the FLR(FP) stop till you get an acknowledgement that they have accepted your request to vary your application from FLR(FP) to SET(LR). Once your receive a letter acknowledging that, than every thing is hunky dory. And every thing will be in order than.
All the best .
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi Shajee
Thanks for the suggestion. Was thinking the same thing.
god bless.
regards Joanie

can any one explain me what is this flr(FP) and what the variation process is???

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Rudy da boy wrote:Dear All,

I applied ILR on 01st June 2014,I got simple Caution from the police on 04/09/2014
does simple police caution will effect my ILR application under new rules?

Please be sure the caution I am talking is no court involvement at all.
Please write here or PM me if you have any information.

Rudy...
Hello Rudy ,

Welcome to the forum ,
As you said you applied on 1st june 2014 but 1st june 2014 was sunday ...is there any post offices open on sunday as well .....? Any way best of luck with the application ...

Well , i don't want to disappoint you probably my understanding or knowledge is limited on this issue but you can visit this link below , similar case is discussed in our forum and our one of the valuable member AMBER has answered it so kindly visit ,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 26893.html

Wish you all the best
Keep updating us ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:57 pm

faddy wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
fielddrive wrote:its been a month now.. no email ... no biometrics so far :roll:
Hi fielddrive,
Relax and enjoy the waiting. I believe your Biometric Letter will be with you by the end of this week or by weekend.
Hey fielddrive

Dont worry it should be with us asap keep your spirits high...... :roll:

Faddy
thanks you guys... since posting my last message i have actually received the email from HO with the same text as you faddy

hopefully the biometrics letter will find its way to me soon too

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:00 pm

congrats Jessie55 ! :D

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Shahkakaram wrote: Hello Rudy ,

Welcome to the forum ,
As you said you applied on 1st june 2014 but 1st june 2014 was sunday ...is there any post offices open on sunday as well .....? Any way best of luck with the application ...

Yes Shahkakaram quite a few post offices in London are open till late now as well as on Sunday. But Sunday items are guaranteed only for Tuesday delivery in most branches.

By the way, I don't want to jinx it but looking at the approvals this week, you're probably very close to getting your docs back. Have you been checking your return ref on royal mail website?

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:its been a month now.. no email ... no biometrics so far :roll:
When exactly did you apply?
Exactly 4 weeks ago today on 21st Aug

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:12 pm

fielddrive wrote:
faddy wrote:its been a month now.. no email ... no biometrics so far :roll:

Hi fielddrive,
Relax and enjoy the waiting. I believe your Biometric Letter will be with you by the end of this week or by weekend

Hey fielddrive

Dont worry it should be with us asap keep your spirits high...... :roll:

Faddy

thanks you guys... since posting my last message i have actually received the email from HO with the same text as you faddy

hopefully the biometrics letter will find its way to me soon too
[/quote]

hi faddy and fielddrive

i received the email round 1 oclock same thing also mentions my case ID as well applied on 29 aug acknowledgement letter dated 2 sep received on 6 sep

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:16 pm

hello fieldrive,
Normally biometrics reach in one month, check shahjee timeline too. I think if at the end of 4th week you not get then call them. Many members when not received or lost then they called them and request them biometrics. I do not believe that they follow any sequence for processing the applications as inside the same building at Liverpool they process EU route applications and many EU route applicants who submitted late get their applications approved before those ones who applied earlier even with same documents. It totally depends on individual case but largely on individual caseworker.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:20 pm

K4 wrote:hi faddy and fielddrive

i received the email round 1 oclock same thing also mentions my case ID as well applied on 29 aug acknowledgement letter dated 2 sep received on 6 sep
same here... got email around 1pm

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Universal soldier wrote:

hello fieldrive,
Normally biometrics reach in one month, check shahjee timeline too. I think if at the end of 4th week you not get then call them. Many members when not received or lost then they called them and request them biometrics. I do not believe that they follow any sequence for processing the applications as inside the same building at Liverpool they process EU route applications and many EU route applicants who submitted late get their applications approved before those ones who applied earlier even with same documents. It totally depends on individual case but largely on individual caseworker.
couldn't agree more...!

by the way EU route folks dont have to submit biometrics.. ?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:24 pm

fielddrive wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote: Hello Rudy ,

Welcome to the forum ,

Yes Shahkakaram quite a few post offices in London are open till late now as well as on Sunday. But Sunday items are guaranteed only for Tuesday delivery in most branches.

By the way, I don't want to jinx it but looking at the approvals this week, you're probably very close to getting your docs back. Have you been checking your return ref on royal mail website?
Hello fieldrive ,

Thanks for this information . i didn't know some Post offices are open on Sunday ......I thought Sunday is funday for every one :P .... Thanks again ..

Yes dear checking it every night before going to bed , they said it can be updated " late in the evening "...So as soon as i am coming closer my pulses getting more faster :P hahahaha .... but you know is nothing we can do more except than pray and to keep patience .....we have done what ever we suppose do in our 10 years :) [ Not an easy journey :? lots of crest of tough of the lives we have witness here in UK } and applied for SET(LR) now we can not do much so sit back , pray , keeps patience and keep an eye on google drive :shock: and Royal mail website :shock: hahahah

Out of curiosity , I have noticed from the google drive those who are currently on TIER 2 or on TIER 2 at the time of application of SET(LR) get quicker reply .. :o

Remember us in your prayers ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:35 pm

fielddrive wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:

hello fieldrive,
couldn't agree more...!

by the way EU route folks dont have to submit biometrics.. ?
Did you read the post. Who said that EU applicant enrol biometrics. They are exempt from biometrics/life in uk/English language. I told you the pattern as how they process applications in liverpool and still saying that you all folks don't think that there is sequence that they follow. No, it depends on case and caseworker. I only suggest you that if by the end of 4th week then can call them.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:36 pm

shahsahab wrote:salam to all
can any one plz tell me if someone have one or two default accounts on credit report but no ccj and nothing else.Does it make difference .As in set lr from they dont ask for default account. can someone specially shagee have any idea about this.

Thanks

Wassalm
Walakum asalam Shahsahab,
No need to worry about that, as you said in SET(LR) there is no mention of this anyway. The only thing they have asked about is any civil penalties, as far as the matter is out of court every thing is hunky dory.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:44 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Dear Shahjee & all other respected members,
After waiting enough nearly 50 days for my SAR,I have no gaps or refusal just wanted to see SAR for peace of mind. Now I have decided to apply. Below are my details;

Application sent :15 sep 2014
DOCUMENTS
Application form with 2 photos with name written on the back
Both passports with BRP card
Master degree for English requirements
Life in the UK test pass certificate
Prepaid return envelope

I would like to thank SHAHJEE for your help and support in every step of the whole process. You are truly a good person helping out everyone here, taking out time from your busy schedule. Salute to you.God bless you.
I will keep it updated regarding the application process. Good luck to all who have applied or waiting.
Bharat Bahi,
Thanks for you kind words, it is flattering to hear such good words from a kind member like you.
You know all of us have been there, not knowing what to do, and how to answer a question on a form, and a little bit of support from a kind member is always welcome. Only if the rest of the human beings can get a lesson from this forum, its a complete selfless help from kind members for each other. As I said before in my time of need many kind members have helps me and steered me in the right direction, and I am just returning the kind favours.
Keep happy Bharat bahi, and my prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014