ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with ielts results

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

Need help with ielts results

Post by mobileunlockers » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:21 am

Hi everyone

My wife received her ielts results today and i am really confused if they are acceptable by Home office.

she got:

Speaking: 5.5
Listening: 5.0
reading: 3.0
Writing:5.0

Thanks

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Need help with ielts results

Post by networkers » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:06 pm

The requirement as per the UKBA document "https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf" is as follows, it seems she don't meet the requirements for spouse visa.

Listening – 4.0
Speaking – 4.0
Reading – 4.0
Writing – 4.0

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:36 pm

You only need to satisfy the Speaking and Listening aspects. The Reading and Writing scores can be omitted.

As the score of above 4.0 has been achieved in both speaking and listening that is a pass and you meet the requirements.

@ networkers that document is a generic one used by application for all visa categories so for example for a student visa you need all 4 modules speaking, listening, reading and writing. For spouse visa the immigration rules paragraph 281 specifies you only need to satisfy the speaking and listening elements. This is why ESOL which only tests for speaking and listening is widely accepted.

The way IELTS exam is structured is that you need to take all four elements but only need to pass the speaking and listening elements only for spouse visa.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

Post by mobileunlockers » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks "WR1".

i have checked it on aanex_fm_1.21 and its clearly say only need speaking and listening.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:44 pm

@WR1,

Thanks for the correction, much appreciate it.