ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion over AN Form 6.6

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

Confusion over AN Form 6.6

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi All,

I'm going to apply for British Citizenship after being in the UK for over 7 years.

I qualify all requirements to become a British Citizen and I now need to tick each box in Declaration Section 6 to confirm I qualify. But box 6.6 is making me confused, as it does not apply to me. Box 6.6 says:

[i] *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in m case to fulfil them.

*Delete if not applicable[/i]

If I meet all the requirements, shall I delete this whole declaration? Or shall I still tick it, because it is a declaration that everyone has to make, regardless you are fully qualified or not?

Any advice is welcome!!!!!!!!

Jimmy

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Confusion over AN Form 6.6

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:55 pm

jimmyjimmyjimmy wrote:Hi All,

I'm going to apply for British Citizenship after being in the UK for over 7 years.

I qualify all requirements to become a British Citizen and I now need to tick each box in Declaration Section 6 to confirm I qualify. But box 6.6 is making me confused, as it does not apply to me. Box 6.6 says:

*I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in m case to fulfil them.

*Delete if not applicable

If I meet all the requirements, shall I delete this whole declaration? Or shall I still tick it, because it is a declaration that everyone has to make, regardless you are fully qualified or not?

Jimmy
What visa category/categories were you in that qualifies you?

Sometimes the BIA's English/structures isn't up to par in their applications. I can't understand why they write such funny sentences....

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:56 pm

No, you don't tick the box, you delete as not applicable. If, as you say, you fulfil all the requirements, then you cannot tick this box, and indeed you are invited to delete it if it does not apply. Just rule a line through each line of the text of this paragraph.

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

Re: Confusion over AN Form 6.6

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:01 pm

[quote="sakura"][quote="jimmyjimmyjimmy"]Hi All,

[i] *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in m case to fulfil them.

*Delete if not applicable[/i]

Jimmy[/quote]What visa category/categories were you in that qualifies you?

Sometimes the BIA's English/structures isn't up to par in their applications. I can't understand why they write such funny sentences....[/quote]

I qualify as being the unmarried partner of a British National for over 4 years, and have ILR for over 1 year.

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:09 pm

[quote="Christophe"]No, you don't tick the box, you delete as not applicable. If, as you say, you fulfil all the requirements, then you cannot tick this box, and indeed you are invited to delete it if it does not apply. Just rule a line through each line of the text of this paragraph.[/quote]

Thanks Christophe, isn't that a bit rude to delete a bit of the form that BIA designs? :)

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:15 pm

jimmyjimmyjimmy wrote:
Christophe wrote:No, you don't tick the box, you delete as not applicable. If, as you say, you fulfil all the requirements, then you cannot tick this box, and indeed you are invited to delete it if it does not apply. Just rule a line through each line of the text of this paragraph.
Thanks Christophe, isn't that a bit rude to delete a bit of the form that BIA designs? :)
The BIA just like to mess with people's minds! So, if you don't cross it out, they might think that you leaving it means you think it applies to you, even if you didn't tick the box.

How messed up are they? :lol:

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:17 pm

jimmyjimmyjimmy wrote:Thanks Christophe, isn't that a bit rude to delete a bit of the form that BIA designs? :)
No - because you are invited on the form to do so. The asterisk (*) at the beginning of the declaration 6.6 is explained just below point 6.6 as "Delete if not applicable". This is quite a common feature on forms. If the declaration 6.6 does not apply to you (and you say it doesn't because you say that you do meet all the statutory requirements for naturalisation), then you absolutely must do as the form says and delete declaration 6.6.

To avoid confusion, having deleted 6.6. you should leave the box 6.7 blank.

jimmyjimmyjimmy
Newly Registered

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:20 pm

[quote="Christophe"]

To avoid confusion, having deleted 6.6. you should leave the box 6.7 blank.[/quote]

I certainly will not fill in anything in 6.7 as there is nothing to fill for me, Thanks.

J